Sign in to follow this  
Watch hapnin?

learning about watches

Watch hapnin?

Since I know nothing about watches, I'm not interested in buying, but where should I go to learn about watches so that I can make a good decision?

Omeg@007

very nice topic, i am with u

Luthier

Jst read "General Discussion" section from A to Z. You'll know everything you need to know.

Baldrick

Watcha need to know, the hands go round and round and they tell you the time, they look purty too :sillywalk:

graman

It depends on what you want.

My advice is.....

1.Choose your dealer, then your watch.

2.Stick to steel, rather than gold.

3.Don't be too anal about the perfect rep..if you want a perfect rep, buy a genuine.

4.Rep Lume does not make or break a watch unless you're trying to pass it off as a gen..

5.Don't try to pass off your rep as a gen, unless in the presence of wankers who know no better, and you can stick it up them for poetic license....It is far safer to admit that you're a rep whore, and it will give you better cred in most circles.

6.Enjoy your hobby, and keep a balance with the rest of your life and bank account.

7.Avoid asking who has the best sub.

Welcome to the nuthouse! :sillywalk:

Omeg@007

My advice is.....

3.Don't be too anal about the perfect rep..if you want a perfect rep, buy a genuine.

4.Rep Lume does not make or break a watch unless you're trying to pass it off as a gen..

5.Don't try to pass off your rep as a gen, unless in the presence of wankers who know no better, and you can stick it up them for poetic license....It is far safer to admit that you're a rep whore, and it will give you better cred in most circles.

6.Enjoy your hobby, and keep a balance with the rest of your life and bank account.

Welcome to the nuthouse! :)

+10

rc42

Actually, careful use of the search function will find posts about watches, if you just start going through threads it could be a long time before you get lucky.

And Welcome :)

Killasam

My advice is.....

Welcome to the nuthouse! B)

Good Adviceee :)

Goon

My advice is.....

Welcome to the nuthouse! :D

Summed it up nicely!

Coast Steve

Where can I read about the different movements on this site?

Member X

This is a small forum compared to some! lol ;)

Which is why it's great - you're not completely overloaded with info :)