Sign in to follow this  
kloshar

Broken axle and some parts for Rolex

kloshar

I have this watch for 7 years now and I would still like to have it. :gunbandana:

It stopped working, I went to watchman that said THE AXLE IS BROKEN and there is nothing he can do. So secunde hand runs normally but minute and hour hand do not run. What to do? Should buying a new mechanism solve my problem? Where to get 21J asian mechanism for Rolex Submariner?

p1010084.jpg

I also need BLACK BEZEL and SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL for Rolex Submariner and as a noob, I would be very contented, if you try to help me. :sillywalk:

p1010085.jpg

thank you & best regards to all!

Edited by kloshar

graman

G'day mate.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure that you would want to go to the expense.

The axle you refer to, I think is the winding stem.

You can likely find one by sending a pm to Trailboss99, who runs the RWG shop...link is above, underneath the watch in the banner.

As for sapphire and a new bezel, you might as well buy a new watch...it would likely cost you less.

Check out the trusted dealer section, and have a look there for prices and watches. You will find many.

Good luck and if you need help, just ask.

kloshar

I would repair that one for some reasons:

- the watch was given to me as a gift and I would like to have it because it is nice

- if I buy a new replica, it will be a Sub, but I'd rather to buy something else and get this work properly B)

- feeling that you revive a watch must be great, my relasionship with the watch is almost emotional ;)

How much would the costs be for my "mission"? :)

- ASIAN 21J auto

- BLACK BEZEL

- SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL

tnx, regards

KBH

New movement is about $20. New bezel insert is about $12. I don't know where you could get a new sapphire crystal to fit that particular watch.

madcatlancelot

I googled the part number for the crystal replacement for the Rolex 16610LV and i found that it's 25-295-C.

I found the same part number from Clark's ebay store, but guaranteed that it will fit your submariner. It's about USD20 + shipping costs.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Clark-Sapphire-crys...=item35a8492558

kloshar

So I can go

- THIS

- THIS

What about the movement?

pollux1

I think Cousins UK carry Asian 21jewel movements mate.

kloshar

Sorry, who's that?? :vomit:

JoeyB

I'd also recommend Clark for the insert and crystal. Very good quality and price, and Gary Clark is a recommended supplier.

Otto Frei has Chinese movements, reasonably priced Otto Frei Chinese Movements. They give a guarantee and can supply just about anything you need.

kloshar

OK, cool!

And which movement would you recommend?? :vomit:

JoeyB

I don't know! I'd like to say the 2813, but I'll leave that for the Sub experts here. You need to measure your movement and get linge size, etc.

sconehead

Can you remove the caseback and take a pic of the movement it's using?

kloshar

No, sorry, I can't. I don't have the right tools.

On Monday, I'll go to the local watchman and ask him to open the case for me. Then I will take a picture of it. I will also ask him about the option of changing the mechanism, bezel and glass.

p1010086.jpg

p1010087.jpg

Bought in Tokyo, Japan.

Edited by kloshar

JoeyB

Do you have any interest in doing this yourself? Are you mechanically inclined at all, done any repairs on anything from cars on down in size to plumbing/electrical around the house, or small appliances?

kloshar
Do you have any interest in doing this yourself? Are you mechanically inclined at all, done any repairs on anything from cars on down in size to plumbing/electrical around the house, or small appliances?

No, I would buy the parts and then take everything to the watchman to put things together. ;)

Talking about the repairs, I can only repair PCs. :D

Edited by kloshar

JoeyB

Obviously, that's your choice. But if you have the balls to work on PCs then a watch shouldn't be too tough for you. The thing that is nice is that if it is the 2813 movement then if you fuck it up you're only out $20 including shipping! It's all small stuff to work on, and about as fragile as a PC inards plus the need to keep finger prints off the dial. A decent set of jewelers screw drivers, a case ball, which is easiest and cheap, to open the back is about all you'd need to replace the movement, and glue for the insert and possibly the crystal. Some guys use a wad of tape to unscrew the caseback. Hand pullers and install tool makes that job easier, and our RWG shop has all that, as does Otto Frei. I'd guess about $50 USD would cover it and you'd have the tools for your next one!

There is a myriad of help available here, and usually pretty quick when you get to 'panic mode'!

About the only issue you might run into is if the dial legs line up with the new movement, and that can be overcome with simple dial dots.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck!

kloshar

Thank you, man!