Sign in to follow this  
Coast Steve

New from BC, and in need of some truth

Coast Steve

Hi everyone,

I broke my only watch the other day, it's a Citizen Navisail, and it was a good watch.

So it's time to replace it,

I have been spending the last 3 days on the internet going just crazy. :)

All I want is a nice Breitling watch, nothing to light and cheap.

And I have read so many conflicting things about what's true and who is a good dealer it's nuts,

So, the big question, who sells a nice solid well built watch without breaking the bank?

Sorry to be so pushy,but I'm frustrated

Steve

Edited by Coast Steve

trailboss99

Hey Steve, any of our dealers get get what you need. What kind of Breit are you interested in? I assume something like a Steel Fish ?

Col.

Coast Steve

Hi Col,

You know I'm not sure of the model, I have seen some real nice ones!

just don't know about the quality of the replicas .

And I didn't see the dealers, Col,

Thanks,

Edited by Coast Steve

KBH

Welcome Steve,

Start here with the trusted dealers list and do a little reading. Most of the dealers carry the same watches,. The main differences are in the quality of the movements. There are Swiss Eta, Eta clones made in China, Asian 21 jewel movements, and quartz pretty much in that order.

Trusted Dealer List

Coast Steve
Welcome Steve,

Start here with the trusted dealers list and do a little reading. Most of the dealers carry the same watches,. The main differences are in the quality of the movements. There are Swiss Eta, Eta clones made in China, Asian 21 jewel movements, and quartz pretty much in that order.

Trusted Dealer List

Thank you!

AustinTech

I would recommend the Breitling Chronomat Evolution. It's a classic and a real stunner. The dealers in the "recommended dealers" list can all get one for you.

Here is a pic of one I sold a while ago. It cost $350 then, but you can get them for about $100 less used.

CIMG3557.jpg

Wish I hadn't sold it....

Coast Steve

Really nice face on that one, not sure if I like the outer dial though,

Also some are very big, and I'm thinking a medium sized watch, like yours.

PS: nice Avatar!

Luthier
Welcome Steve,

Trusted Dealer List

Thank you!

Steve, if you have big wrist, order Super Avenger, if normal wrist - Avenger Skyland or SuperOcean SteelFish (SOSF), or Breitling Superocean Heritage. They all are great watches. Choose dealer first, read reviews, then choose your watch. Good replica cost around $200-$300.

Luthier
I would recommend the Breitling Chronomat Evolution. It's a classic and a real stunner. The dealers in the "recommended dealers" list can all get one for you.

Here is a pic of one I sold a while ago. It cost $350 then, but you can get them for about $100 less used.

Wish I hadn't sold it....

BCE is great watch too, now you can buy it for around $260-$280.

AT, we all do some stupid things sometimes...

B)

Luthier

Both are fantasy watches with no chrono function.

But pictures of the first watch is not what's in description, it's real chrono replica with A7750 movement.

Coast Steve

But pictures of the first watch is not what's in description, it's real chrono replica with A7750 movement.

Sorry I'm kind of watch stupid, what's chrono funtion? the digital LED readout?

pollux1

The chrono function of an Asian 7750 equipped watch is designed to work exactly as the chrono function on some of the very best timepieces that are equipped with the base ETA 7750, ie- they USUALLY have running seconds at nine and a stopwatch which is activated by pressing the upper pusher once to start and then pressing the same pusher to stop followed by the bottom pusher being pressed once to reset the hands to "zero".

The beauty of this movement is that the stopwatch function is ENTIRELY mechanical, it really is a joy to behold. Personally I would factor in having to get the watch movement serviced within the first nine months. Doing so should ensure four or five years of trouble free ownership. One thing of note is that whilst the chronograph/stopwatch function is being used, the lower pusher SHOULD NOT be pushed, this can cause damage to the movement in doing so.

Luthier

A chronograph is a timepiece capable of measuring discrete elapsed time units as well as telling time in a 12-hour format. In such a watch, each of these two separate time-keeping functions operates independently. This means that one typically contains a mechanism for regular time-keeping as well as a separate movement for the stopwatch, or elapsed time, function.

Modern chronographs often have buttons that protrude from the watch case which are used to trigger the various elapsed time functions. Usually, one button activates the elapsed timer function, while another stops it, so that an elapsed time can be measured on the sub-dials. Pushing one or the other buttons generally resets all the hands on each of the sub-dials back to the initial starting position. The degree of accuracy of the elapsed time readout on a mechanical chronograph is determined, in part, by the gradations or number of incremental units marked on each of these sub-dials.

Our replicas usually equipped with Asian Valjoux 7750 mov't, or A7750, that has chrono function, as Pollux1 correctly pointed out, and this mov't itself cost around $120, so, expect to pay for the watch with chrono functions at least $200-$300, unless it's quartz, but it worth every penny.

Baldrick

It's a stopwatch, press the button at 2 and the big second hand goes round, it counts up minutes first on of the small sub dials, once it reaches 60 minutes, it will then show and count hoiurs on the other sub dial, press the button at 4 and it will stop the big second hand, it will show how long you can hold your breath, if you can do this for hours, let us know how ;)

If you are watch stupid and most uf us were (still are) then it might be better to start with something simple such as a straightforward non complicated model until you are more savvy.

The Steelfish is a great starter model and can be bought fairly cheaply, the best dealer IMO is Narikaa.

dingle

Hello and welcome Steve :)

Member X

Don't want to faff around with Chrono?

SuperOcean Herirage is the way forward :)

20100516001.jpg

Coast Steve

Thanks for all the info gang,

I need to do some reading and learning I see.