kloshar

Noobmariner

kloshar

Sorry for the noob question. I keep reading about Noobmariner, but there is no explanation, what this is or where to buy it.

The review says it a superb purchase for $100, but I have no clue where to get it. The only adress is Eurotimez, which is presented as scam.

Help, please! Thank you!

KBH

Narikaa sells it and is in the EU. Also Josh @ Perfect Clones sells it as his Beginmariner for $108 deleivered. Robert @ PWC can get it also, just make sure you specify Noobmariner, since he sells several different inexpensive models.

kloshar

And the big difference between Noobmariner and other SUBS shall be ... ??? ;)

Where does it's reputation come from?

Member X

I think Noobmariner was a term coined a long time ago, as a name for the best cheap sub model that was suitable for noobs :)

It has since become a common phrase on the forums! :)

See here for Narikaa's recent thread :lol:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=4560

Silverspeed

If you can still find a Noobmariner better order it right away. From what I've heard, from Robert, is that the

noobmariner stopped making these about 6 months ago...so stock is drying up fast.

The Noobmariner is without a doubt the very best for a budget Submariner....WM9 and BK use the Noobmariner

for their modded (and 5 times more expensive) Sub versions. If I remember correct it was TTK that started naming

them Noobmariner after member Pugwash came up with the name. Since TTK sort of "claimed" copyright on the term

Noobmariner, Narikaa used the name "Nymphmariner" :) ....obviously there are the same subs from the same factory.

kloshar

OK, thank you to mention that ... WTF are WM9 and BK?? I remember TTK (a member of previous RWG forum), but not WM9 or BK. :)

What about eddie lee? Where is this guy? :lol:

KBH
And the big difference between Noobmariner and other SUBS shall be ... ??? :)

Where does it's reputation come from?

In the early days of rep collecting, when there were only a few good subs available, two stood out above the rest. The Noobmariner and the MBK/MBW.

The Noobmariner got it's name when Pugwash did a review of the two of them and coined the term because it was cheap and therefor bought by lots of noobs (newbs). The Noob was sold by a few dealers including TTK and also Narikaa. (See Narikaa's post listed above) The Noob was easily identitfied by the serial numbers they used on there case.

DSCN2514.jpg

The MBW (Maria's Best Watch) was sold by a German chap named Maria, who was very difficult to deal with and get in touch with. This gave the MBW a cult following. This was, I believe, the first high quality Sub rep massed produced. Later someone found the source which was a dealer in the MBK shopping Center in Bangkok and blew the whistle on George's monopoly. The MBW was apparently from a factory that produced watches also known later as TWB (Taiwan's Best)

By-tor did a comprehensive review on these two watches as did BKLM1234 which are available on other forums with a little research.

trailboss99

Eddie Lee is well out of it mate.

Hont has just received a shipment of some 70 Noobs without the rehaut engraving. If you want one, order fast, at 100 dollars they won't last long. WM9 is Watchmaker9, a HK based maker of the best sub reps money can buy. BKLM1234 is his agent in the US and the goto guy for WM's on the forums. Just be aware the wait is gunna be a while altho I think you can get a plain black 16610 reasonably quickly.

Col.

Silverspeed

WM9 is www.watchmaker9.tv who offers high-end rollie reps...if you have the patience.

BK is BKLM1234 who sells modded WM9 rollies...these are very good but again you'll have to

have a lot of patience...many members waited more then 9 months to get their reps.

Eddie Lee retired about 2 years ago

prestigewatchco

Hont has a new submariner but it's not a NOOB submariner regardless of what it's advertised as ! As KBH said if it doesn't have the serial F520117 it's not from noob factory all even the YM had this number

Baldrick

The origins of the 'Noobmariner' started way back in 2003, when TTK and Maria (MBW) got together in Thailand and produced the first version of the LV Submariner, they acquired stock of standard Submariners from the distributor of the 'Noobfactory' 166610, and converted them to LV's by changing the dial, fitting the fat hands and bezel, they were originally offered with standard 21j Asian movements, but customers had the option of a fitted ETA 2824-2 which was also provided, upon ordering.

TTK had exclusive rights to offer these on TRC, Maria had exclusive rights to the German forum(s), the offerings were very succesful and a lot of people purchased the LV which was very populae at that time, subsequent offerings were the standard Submariner, Yachtmaster and of course the LV.

None of these items were ever called 'Noob' anything they were simply referred to by the standard term, after a long period of time, sometime around 2006-7 Pugwash christened these items ( the Submariner in particular) , 'NOOBMARINERS', the review that was carried out on them highlighting the fact that these were the very best VFM Submariners available and were suited to 'Noobs', at an entry level of around $100, the dial was accepted as being the best, with more plaudits being applied for the bracelet / case and CG's, BKLM bought his first Noobs ( Yachtmaster in particular) from TTK, I believe some modders have fitted these with genuine tubes and croiwns / inserts etc et, but don't quote me on that.

TTK was the sole supplier, until Narikaa gained access to them also, to avoid confusion TTK and Narikaa came to an agreement that Narikaa's offerings would carry the epithet 'Nymphomariner, applied jokingly because they 'came faster' than TTK's, reason being that Narikaa shipped his from within the Uk and TTK had to use Thai Postal Service.

Lots of other dealers have claimed that they also offered the 'Noobmariner', including J&A, truth is none of them did, but the term had been coined and recognition of the superiority of the Noobmariner was well established, so it was a bandwagon everyone wanted to jump on.

In a conversation with TTK, he estimated that over a 6-7 year period he had sold approximatley 5-600 of them to various members of all the different forums, that's not including Narikaa's sales, so there's a lot of them out there.

As PWC says, if it doesn't carry the serial# shown, it ain't a Noobmariner, it might say it on the marketing blurb, but that's not what's in the box.

Member X

So, according to Robert, these:

Hont has just received a shipment of some 70 Noobs without the rehaut engraving. If you want one, order fast, at 100 dollars they won't last long.

aren't noobmariners?

Do they have highbeat movements?

Lack of rehaut engraving is a good thing!!

Baldrick

21,600 bph, 21j asian.

These were TTK's original photographs of the LV and Noobmariner with all it's features.

075LVSUBMARINERTEXT.jpg

075LVSUBMARINERTEXT2.jpg

075LVSUBMARINERH.jpg

075LVSUBMARINERE.jpg

075LVSUBMARINERG.jpg

075LVSUBMARINER7.jpg

075LVSUBMARINER4.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM6g.jpg

075LVSUBMARINERR.jpg

074751.jpg

074752.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM4.jpg

074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM1.jpg

trailboss99

I stand corrected, they bear the serial M092117 or at least the one in my hands does. Appart from that and the bracelet (it has a different diver's extension and clasp) they look identical to the Noobmariner. However, my three year old Josh Noob most certainly does have the correct serial and the Noobmariner dial.

Haven't looked at Robert's serial yet.

MVT on Hont's looks like a low beat to me. I'll let you know for sure when I pull the back off.

Col.

Baldrick

TTK also did a PVD version, way way back in 2005!

052ROLEXLVSUBMARINERPVD1.jpg

trailboss99

Actually looking at those shots, it's the same bracelet after all.

Col.

prestigewatchco

Actually i think the sub from the milguass factory is equal if not better than the Noob factory watch

Baldrick
Actually i think the sub from the milguass factory is equal if not better than the Noob factory watch

That's progress for you, only 7 years late to the party.

As for the Milgauss factory version, tis but a matter of opinion and hopefully not a biased one!

prestigewatchco

That's progress for you, only 7 years late to the party.

As for the Milgauss factory version, tis but a matter of opinion and hopefully not a biased one!

Why would I be bias I have plenty of Noob mariners in stock. Benefits of holding stock rather than dropshipping

Baldrick

Guess that makes that clear then!

decus

Noob :-)

DarkGlass
Noob :-)

This thread is nearly as old as me, the op has probably died of old age FFS

decus

LOL doesn't stop people from reading the bible or Shakespeare does it. Interesting post anyhow...

DarkGlass

Touché. Mate