Sign in to follow this  
Killasam

Sub Dials On Daytona

Killasam

can anyone tell me how you set the sub dials on a rolex sec@6 Daytona

Thanks

AustinTech

The subdials aren't "set." They are used to measure time. So when they are not in use, they should all be pointing straight up. BTW - don't use them.

dingle
The subdials aren't "set." They are used to measure time. So when they are not in use, they should all be pointing straight up. BTW - don't use them.

+1

they are there for looks. mess with them and you will be putting it up for sale sooner than you think. :noway:

Omeg@007

How much u paid for it sam?

KBH

Assuming you have the 7750 chrono and not the 21j cheapie, the top button is to start and stop the chrono. The bottom button is to reset it. The pushers have to be unscrewed to use them though. As DB said, it's better to not play with them too much if you have a seconds at 6 model. They're not very reliable because of the extra gears used to move the second hand from 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock position.

Silverspeed

Keep the use of the chronos to the absolute minimum, although the problems with the sec@6 movement have nothing

to do with the chrono functions. Many times if you use the chronos a lot they won't reset properly.

the top pusher is the start/stop pusher...unscrew the pusher and push to start the chrono hand, let it run for at least

40 seconds before stopping it with the top pusher. The bottom pusher will reset the the chrono dials in the top position.

Omeg@007

Avoid as much as possible playing with buttons,

just enjoy the watch.

Member X

+1000

sconehead

...and always STOP the chrono's first before hitting the reset button.

Also, I don't know if you're aware, if you need to change the date, change the time to the 6 o'clock position first, then change the date. The reason for this is that between 10pm and 2am the gears are engaged for the day/date change. If you manually change it between this time the gears will fuck up, it's the same with the ETA 7750 movement too, not just the Asian.

Get into the 6 o'clock habit for all your watches and you'll never have a problem...:)

fakemaster
if you need to change the date, change the time to the 6 o'clock position first, then change the date. The reason for this is that between 10pm and 2am the gears are engaged for the day/date change.

Yes never change the date on your Daytona between 10 & 2. The was the mother of all callbacks. :)

sconehead
if you need to change the date, change the time to the 6 o'clock position first, then change the date. The reason for this is that between 10pm and 2am the gears are engaged for the day/date change.

Yes never change the date on your Daytona between 10 & 2. The was the mother of all callbacks. :P

Oooops...:)

sconehead

I...I...Dingle edited it, I was tired, the kids were bugging me, I was drunk, I was temporarily insane, I was half asleep, I was not feeling well, I was temporarily dyslexic, I couldn't read all of the post, my son posted it as a joke, I was possessed by Onzes moustache, I...I...was talking about the movement in general...

I...I...thought Sam had bought the new fangled fantasy Daytona date model...

daytonaspecialdate.jpg

I...I...am so used to giving the usual 7750 warnings out too newbies that I didn't notice the model...

I...I...'tis no use...as an owner of two 'tonas...I will now take the walk of shame...as is the requirement here...feel free to mock me... ;)

:D

dingle

I will take the blame. :D

sconehead
I will take the blame. ;)

Blame hound you are then...:D

dingle
I will take the blame. ;)

;)

sconehead
I will take the blame. :morebeer:

;)

My grandma, in her later years used to break wind quite often, the poor dog got the blame every time...sometimes a kick off her too for it's troubles...;)

dingle

bumb

;)

fixed...:D

dingle

damn foreign mods :D

Baldrick

A little knowledge in the hands of a monkey will NOT produce the collected works of Shakespeare, nor will it magically change the date on a 'DATE'TONA at 10 / 2 or 6 ;)

..or as Jeff Cooper once said: a.22 in the hands of a Competition Master is far more potent than a medium tank in the hands of a baboon :D

greg_r
..or as Jeff Cooper once said: a.22 in the hands of a Competition Master is far more potent than a medium tank in the hands of a baboon :lol:

How does a chimp in charge of heavy artillery rate? :huh:

Military-Chimp--18463.jpg

Baldrick

Semper Fi, password : Bonobo

sconehead
..or as Jeff Cooper once said: a.22 in the hands of a Competition Master is far more potent than a medium tank in the hands of a baboon :lol:

How does a chimp in charge of heavy artillery rate? :huh:

sfa?

narikaa
How does a chimp in charge of heavy artillery rate? :lol:

Intimidating

Presumably trained in co ordinate grids and fire missions

But

Severely challenged as as to the date to initiate them

:huh:

Baldrick
sfa?

Nah, too handsome and far tougher looking than sfa , tho' it could be one of his buddies getting ready to go knock on Pugwash's door :lol:

dingle
sfa?

Nah, too handsome and far tougher looking than sfa , tho' it could be one of his buddies getting ready to go knock on Pugwash's door :lol:

:huh: