Sign in to follow this  
KBH

My newest Submariner project

KBH

I happened across a post on RG where a poor broken Sub was getting laughed at and made fun of. It almost broke my heart and I had to save it from those cruel bastards. :P But mostly I saw a diamond in the rough.

DSCN4201.jpg

Why would you laugh at it just because it was made in Galena, Shitinerand by Monarch Polfy? Polfy's need love too. :rofl:

DSCN4206.jpg

Actually, I've been looking for a MBK old style case with the springbar holes for a while. I don't know about you guys but when I see an older style Sub with the holes, I pretty much assume it to be gen since 99% of the millions of rep Subs are the newer style. Especially for a more mature gentleman such as myself. :) Also from what I've read the MBK cases have one of the best bezels available. I haven't really spent too much time checking that out though.

DSCN4207.jpg

So I gave the CG's a little shave and polish and recessed the bezel insert a little, although it was already pretty good.

DSCN4210.jpg

By the way, this insert is one of the best I've seen on a rep. Comparing it to the gen insert on my Sea Dweller, there's almost no difference. I don't think I could capture it well in the picture though. Like the gen, it's got a sheen almost like a ceramic when it's polished and clean. And the pearl is also extremely good.

DSCN4208.jpg

DSCN4202.jpg

So, now I'll hopefully the keyless works problem in the 21j Miyota clone movement that came in it and probably wait for my Eta movement to come back from Speedy, then put the hi-beat in for the finishing touch.

dingle

........wish I had your skills. well done my friend. :)

AllergyDoc

KBH's rescue bench for forlorn and forgotten watches.

Looks good.

sconehead

Polfy???

...I once owned a genuine Polex Shitinerand Yachtmaster...long gone now...agree with you on the lug hole thing and can't wait to see it finished KB...:D

KBH

Here's the semi finished. At least until I get a nice Eta or clone to put in it. Got to have a little variety for color coordinating the wardrobe. :lol:

DSCN4215.jpg

WM9, Noobmariner, and MBK below.

DSCN4214.jpg

fakemaster

OMG I love the Shitinerand cases. Got a stash of GMTs. If I ever came across any ShiSub cases I would be all over them. :D

alistairw

:D

Beautiful work KBH... Beautiful work.

Well done, end result looks terrific.