Sign in to follow this  
cala1981

Ebay - $400 Strap for sale. Gen or fake?

cala1981

i need a strap for my Franck Muller Casablanca and none of the dealers here can get one. Also, none of the strapmakers can make this strap apparently. i came across this auction, but the quality looks similar to the rep that came with the watch.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=140936028868

any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

fatarms

Are you saying that the trusted strapmakers can't make a 22/18 strap? It doesn't have any strange cutouts or anything. I'm confused.

Zachthebaker

serge can hook that up im sure man

cala1981
Are you saying that the trusted strapmakers can't make a 22/18 strap? It doesn't have any strange cutouts or anything. I'm confused.

it has inserts at the lugs and the springbars sit very close to the case. the inserts contour to the case and springbars are inside of this insert. it is a weird strap...

cala1981
serge can hook that up im sure man

never talked to him. i tried ach and a strap maker on other forum and they could not. i will email serge, thanks man!

P4GTR

AP, FM, Cartier.. just a few that use these weird inserts now. And look at the strap, it's busted up. He is blatantly lying about it not being worn, I can see all the typical signs of being used, not to mention the jacked up lug area. That's $400 waiting to fall apart, stay away.

If you had a rep strap w/ the inserts I could use the inserts to make a good strap. I wouldn't be able to take the project on for about 4-6 weeks though.

You think the inserts are to be cool and different, or security systems for their bank accounts? Making your watch strap with an insert can instantly kill 99% of aftermarket strap competition, then they can sell replacement straps for $600 a pop and you can't do a thing about it.

The more I learn about the Swiss watch industry the more inclined I am to loathe it.

cala1981

agreed for sure. and i do have the rep strap.

black263

Cala,

Try this fella: http://www.rwgforum....e/#entry1251672

Says I don't have permission for that. Only VIP members allowed.

RussP

Oh............bugger !!

That guy has some lovely Franck Muller leather straps on offer.

Russ.

cala1981

i was able to view the post. i sent him a PM, hopefully he can source a 22mm strap for me. thanks for the link.

RussP

i was able to view the post. i sent him a PM, hopefully he can source a 22mm strap for me. thanks for the link.

Glad I could help !!

HeavyKrush

Personally I'd go with Dan (P4GTR) regardless of the wait and yep, that strap is fucked up.

Gbkirsch

Looks weird to me...

Wacker23

That strap looks like junk.

cala1981

thanks, ill drop dan a message. and yeah, the more i see that strap the worse it looks...

P4GTR

Personally I'd go with Dan (P4GTR) regardless of the wait and yep, that strap is fucked up.

It make, why you dont, hmmm? :yoda:

HeavyKrush

No way buddy... you're the insert king! Guess that means you're good at inserting stuff. :D

Timbohire

Don't look new. I thing he hoping to get rich quick. Best he on the tele telling jokes we could get rid of him by the big on/off switch. If any one buys it they need there brain testing.

P4GTR

No way buddy... you're the insert king! Guess that means you're good at inserting stuff. :D

Doubtful, my wife says "is it in?"

TheInthusiest

Real or fake i dont care. look at how the strap is falling apart.

$T2eC16RHJGkE9no8hlV(BRRki8QZRQ~~60_57.JPG

Would not buy even if it were gen.

black263

Doubtful, my wife says "is it in?"

Worse still is when she has to point out it isn't.

dv8

Was wondering if anyone was able to source a good leather strap for FM Casablanca. If yes, could someone let us know where they got it from?

Gbkirsch

No way that's real....