Sign in to follow this  
DeepDiver73

hello...

DeepDiver73

hi... just signed up to the forum as i would like to get a sea dweller, so any suggestions/recommendations would be gratefully received

cheerz

bob

AllergyDoc

Hit that search button in the upper right corner and type in "sea dweller". Or just go to the Rolex forum and browse around.

And welcome to the forum, Bob.

Fiddo

Hello! :woo: Welcome!

You have many choices in the Sea Dweller. You can do a search for "sea dweller" here on the forum and finds lots of good information. I found this one------> http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...5142&hl=sea dweller&st=0 Looks pretty good!

KBH

Sea Dweller or Deepsea Sea Dweller?

the Sea Dweller model, known as SSD (super Sea Dweller) is available from any dealer and is a great watch. If that's the model, I would recommend the Eta clone and stay away from the fake Rolex movement. It's a waste of money.

The DSSD is another story. There's about 6 or more versions floating around. Mary supposedly has the latest and greatest model.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :lol:

DeepDiver73

thanks guys!! :clap: had a look round and like the layout of the forum...

had a look at several dealer site's for sea dweller's and have a number saved... just need to tease out the necessary info (search button will be getting used) on what to look out for when it comes to build, service and movement that is as close to the real deal without breaking the bank.

cheerz

bob

DeepDiver73

the Sea Dweller model, known as SSD (super Sea Dweller) is available from any dealer and is a great watch. If that's the model, I would recommend the Eta clone and stay away from the fake Rolex movement. It's a waste of money.

The DSSD is another story. There's about 6 or more versions floating around. Mary supposedly has the latest and greatest model.

i would like the DSSD, but i think i'll wait a while on that one.... i've always wanted a sea dweller... so would like to head down that route first.

when you say select an Eta clone movement is that a swiss made movement or an asian one?

cheerz

bob

KBH

i would like the DSSD, but i think i'll wait a while on that one.... i've always wanted a sea dweller... so would like to head down that route first.

when you say select an Eta clone movement is that a swiss made movement or an asian one?

cheerz

bob

It's the Asian clone of an Eta. They've been pretty good lately and at least you know what you're getting. Lot's of the Swiss Eta's are actually Asian copies so unless you're very comfortable with your dealer, the clone is a safe bet.

If you do decide Swiss, I'd try either Robert at PWC or Mary at WatchInternational. They both have good in house service technicians that will check the movement before shipping

Sea Dweller is a great choice. The best mod is to put a gen bezel insert and pearl and you've got an almost perfect rep.

AllergyDoc

Bob,

Might be a good use of your time to read through RolexAddict's thread on this topic:

I have compared more than 20 ETA movements like 2834-1, 2824-A2, 2834-2, 2836-2, never seen any difference between machining or finish on the parts. All looks CNC machined, I doubt Chinese will invest in such equipment to reproduce a basic universal movement easy to get worldwide like the basic ETA line.

The Valjoux 7750 has a clone, the Asian 7750. But I am not convicted that the ETA 2836-2 has a clone. My be a Chinese movement exists with the same design, but not with ETA stamped.

Conclusion:

I believe, all ETA movements in our reps are genuine Swiss parts assembled in China, or genuine complete Swiss movements. The 2836-2 we get is a modified movement with a mixt of other movements components witch are compatible like those from the 2821-2, 2824-A2, 2834-2, 2840, 2842, 2846 and many others.

A similar ETA design movement could exist, but with a Chinese name

RA

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ic=2010&hl=

I'm inclined to side with him, meaning "Swiss ETA" movements are going to be "gen" movements. The parts might be manufactured in China and assembled in Switz.

Omeg@007

welcome board :clap:

:clap:

DeepDiver73

thanks again folk's... :thumbsup2:

DeepDiver73
Bob,

Might be a good use of your time to read through RolexAddict's thread on this topic:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ic=2010&hl=

hi Doc... just had a look at the thread.... think its going to hurt my brain... anyway off to read it.

thanks again for the help.

bob

pollux1

Definitely a beaut of a watch mate, and the DSSD is next on my list also. Welcome to the forum looks like you're gonna love the place :thumbsup2: