Sign in to follow this  
elmerlo

Silix Subs, asking the experts (Pics)

elmerlo

Hi guys,

I wasn't a Rolex fan, but since I joined this forum I tried and bought a Sea Dweller from Narikaa, and can't take it off my wrist.

So damn you all and, thank you for all the precious info I found across the forums. RWG rules!

After suffering from Sea-Dweller fever, I started wondering why I hadn't, in my collection, a Sub.

I made up for this shortcoming, buying three from Silix: one extremely cheap (will sell it or use it as lab), one cheap (the date one) and one quality cheap, the nodate.

I am not a Rolex expert, and have only the excellent Sea-Dweller from Reg to compare: I have to say that the Nodate is almost at the same level for glass, bezel and bracelet. Differences are the bezel "sound" when you turn it: I like more Reg's one (but the difference ends here: it works OK) and the closing clasp, since the Sea Dweller has the Glidelock, whereas the Sub hasn't (but this might be down to the model, I don't know...). Anyway the Nodate has an extending system equal to Reg's Explorer II.

Movements are, for all, Chinese 21J, my favourite (I don't give a damn about 28.800 bph...).

Here we go with the pics, any comments from Rolex conoisseurs are welcomed.

P1000728_zpsf72bb8c6.jpg

P1000726_zpsfbaf8384.jpg

P1000725_zps0ee2b4ff.jpg

P1000724_zps0a968eb3.jpg

P1000723_zps65ba5ad5.jpg

P1000722_zpsf53c48cc.jpg

P1000721_zps7c3163cc.jpg

P1000719_zpsc7e8790d.jpg

P1000718_zpsef349cba.jpg

P1000717_zps1f98f748.jpg

DSC_0622_zps994290e7.jpg

Pharmo

Very nice mate!

I love the sub no date - personally thinks a great looking watch with a lot of class

freezee90

Very nice mate!

I love the sub no date - personally thinks a great looking watch with a lot of class

Couldn't agree more! ;)

elmerlo

Yeah, as I wrote to my friends on FB: timeless classic. Luckily I don't have a big wrist, and a 40mm looks good.