Sign in to follow this  
tesmith2112

Milgauss Factory - 21J Movement - Issues

tesmith2112

All,

I've purchased 6 Milgauss from the famous "Milgauss Factory" and 3 of the six seem to have movement issues. Aesthetically these watches are first class, so I'm happy with that, just a little disappointed with the movement. One had a broken tooth on a gear, so it skipped pretty bad, the others I'm not sure what's going on, but I'll be wearing it and look down and it's stopped. If I shake my arm it will start up again, but winding doesn't really help it. Does anyone have any advise for taking care of issues like these? Seems like I read a post on what to do if you receive a watch that isn't working properly, cant seem to find that post now. I'm not concerned with sending these watches back to the dealer, I just want to know if there's something I can do, short of having them serviced.

Also, has anyone else had issues with 21J watches from this factory?

Thanks!

trailboss99

Lots of people mate. The 21j they use is crap.

As you said, great watch but the MVT is a POS.

Col.

Baldrick

Why did you purchase 6x, one for every day of the week with a rest on Sundays :rofl:

KBH

Only thing I can suggest is changing the movements. It's not worth servicing them. Maybe you can get 3 new movements from the dealer and have someone local swap them for you.

tesmith2112
Why did you purchase 6x, one for every day of the week with a rest on Sundays B)

Yeah, I give my wrist a rest on Sunday! No, I bought two of each dial (white, black, black w/ green AR), assuming I could use the back-ups to cannibalize for parts if needed.

tesmith2112
Only thing I can suggest is changing the movements. It's not worth servicing them. Maybe you can get 3 new movements from the dealer and have someone local swap them for you.

I'm very new to the watch game. So you're suggesting that I purchase a nicer, more reliable movement, and then use my current dials and hands on it? Will all movements fit in this case? Who do you recommend purchasing the movement from? Also, what movement would you recommend?

Thank you!

Edited by tesmith2112

Brightlight
Why did you purchase 6x, one for every day of the week with a rest on Sundays B)

Yeah, I give my wrist a rest on Sunday! No, I bought two of each dial (white, black, black w/ green AR), assuming I could use the back-ups to cannibalize for parts if needed.

That is true dedication to the Milgauss cause B)

KBH

I'm very new to the watch game. So you're suggesting that I purchase a nicer, more reliable movement, and then use my current, dials and hands on it? Will all movements fit in this case? Who do you recommend purchasing the movement from?

Thank you!

Almost any Asian 21j movement is interchangeable with the dial and hands, AFAIK. The Eta and clones are not. The DG2813 is the most readily available Asian 21j and known to be pretty reliable.

I have no idea what movement is in these though. For all I know it could be what they use. You'll need to do a little more research on what movements are available and which ones might solve the problem

tesmith2112

I'm very new to the watch game. So you're suggesting that I purchase a nicer, more reliable movement, and then use my current, dials and hands on it? Will all movements fit in this case? Who do you recommend purchasing the movement from?

Thank you!

Almost any Asian 21j movement is interchangeable with the dial and hands, AFAIK. The Eta and clones are not. The DG2813 is the most readily available Asian 21j and known to be pretty reliable.

I have no idea what movement is in these though. For all I know it could be what they use. You'll need to do a little more research on what movements are available and which ones might solve the problem

Thank you for educating me on that! I'll talk to my dealer and find out the specific 21J used, and then ask if he has the DG2813 assuming that's not what it already has.