Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Bvlgari CarbonGold.

trailboss99

I have been chaseing a CarbonGold for an associate for some time and when it was sugested by a fellow member that I give Mary a go I did. Mary is a small dealer based upstairs in the GZ markets. I had a reply withen three hours informing me that she could get the watch and would go get me pics tomorrow. Shure enough the next day pics of the item in question arrived and a deal was done. I payed via PayPal as it's cheapest for me that way but WU or bank transfer is available if you'r game.

Just before shipping I was email by her to say that the watch now in her hands was different to the first. This one had "ROME" spelled out on the dial and the correct version has "ROMA" and asking me what do I want her to do? I replyied that I would prefer "ROMA" and she agreed to try to locate one. She did and it was duley shipped. Unfortunatly before I saw the pic sent in the email telling me it had shipped. Unfortunately beacuse the watch as sent has one major flaw.

It has a smothe instead of serated crown. It didn't stand out in the pic all that well and I thought it was a lighting trick but would have asked about it had the piece not been shipped.

The watch arrived in four days as is usual for EMS. What wasn't usual was arriving home that day and finding an email from her telling me the watch had been delivered to my addy but no one was home and please to be collecting from PO! Never have I seen a collector keep that close an eye on shippments. That's gotta be a good thing.

So, off to the PO and yes, a box was there from CN. A little worried by the state of said box but home we went to find:

PB070252-1.jpg

A toy car heat sealed in a plastic bag. With a pkg inside as you can see.

Now THIS concerns me as here this can result in much trouble as once you try to start hideing things AU customs get REAL nasty. Then it becomes smugeling contraband and can have me in deep poo and the dealer reported to interpol ect. There is no need for this as I have never heard of a small rep shipment being siezed here in OZ. I have been assured that it won't happen again and that she did not do this in US or CA anyway.

I'm just lucky as 85% of EMS stuff entering AU is xrayed, customs were having a bad day thankfully and missed it.

The watch was well packed inside said car in bubble wrap and dbl baged.

PB070255.jpg

It even had a real Thin Red Line! Wow!

The watch itself is quite good execpt for the crown. It arrived running, date set and set to AU EST! This watch wears small and would suit tiny to medium sized wrists .It's not quite a mm undersize at 37.1 instead of the 38 of the gen. Looking at the bezel width I belive this is where the mm is missing from as it looks ever so slightly skinny. While were on the bezel, the B V L G A R I B V L G A R I stamping on the bezel is perfect! Correct font and the spaceing is exactly identical to the gen. Every letter is where it should be in relation to the dial.

The dial is quite good. The markers and fonts are all near spot on and everything is printed in the right place with the execption of a missing "s." which the gen has either side of "SWISS MADE" at 6 o'clock (see gen pic). The sub dial spaceing is also very close. Maybe just a little too close together but not enough to worry me. The date window however is far to near the bezel compared to the gen resulting in a much shorter stick marker for 4 o'clock then should be the case. Still not somthing you'r gunna get called on from your wrist but prob 3 or 4 mm out of position due, no doubt to the choice of available MVTs.

Which brings us to the crown. This is totaly wrong. The below shot is the one that was sent to me at shipping. The smothe crown can be seen.

CarbonGoldfrommary.jpg

The shots below are the origenal rep I was after and two gens below.

IMG_1962.jpg

bvlgari1_b.jpgGenCarbonGold.jpg

The pushers are also quite oversize but IMO that's a "live with it" problem. The crown, however is anoying. The strap is OK for a cheapie and has a reasonably good buckle with the correct markings well stamped as has the strap. The case back is all wrong, colour and shape but on a cheapie I expect no beter. The back should be matte PVD grey. The brass plate on the case side with the SN stamped on is also present and correct.

Back of watch:

PB070258.jpg

All in all for a $60 cheapie, not bad. No ones gunna call a CG anyway. The deal itself was great execpt for the mixup with models. Comunication was first rate and I was shocked she spoted the spelling error in the first place. Being told delivery had been attempted was just amazing.b If we had more comms like that from our collectors it would be a happy day.

Mary is very new to the standereds we expect and I am shure will learn from this and improve to the level we desire. ATM I would not recomend her to noobs but if any of the more experianced guys would like to try her out by all meens do so. If you have somthing you just can not find she is very good at that. She can also source MVTs ect if you wish. I will be ordering a cpl more watches from her in the next cpl of weeks working up to some more expensive stuff so as Klink would say, "time will tell" but I think we may have the beginings of a great new dealer here. Don't forget tho. this has been one transaction so we have a long way to go before I can state that with any real conviction. Watch this space.

Mary: thanks for the help and BTW. if you wish to reply to anything in here I am shure TT won't mind as long as you don't try to sell anything or post URL or email. Hope to hear back soon on the Navi and Rado.

If any one wants Mary's contact details plse PM me as I'll keep the mods happy by not linking to an unapproved collector.

Hope folk find this usefull. Regards,

Col.

PS:sorry for the lack of close ups of the watch delivered but my camera simply won't get in close enough. Who new an intrest in watches would cost me the price of a new camera?

greg_r

As you say, not bad for a cheapie. Shame about the crown, though.

By the way, I've no problem with posting Mary's link on here - I've said the same to Luthier. The same goes for some of the other less well-known dealers we use (jiuli9 comes to mind). We just won't add them to the official trusted dealer list unless a lot of people are comfortable about it.

onzenuub

Nice watch, link for Mary please.

trailboss99
Nice watch, link for Mary please.

Website at swissgallory but best to contact her on email with pics and a full description of what your after.

Col.

bene3

not a bad lookinig watch

prestigewatchco

I just looked at her web site now the prices are high and can be found cheaper with approved dealers why would anyone want to take a chance?

greg_r
I just looked at her web site now the prices are high and can be found cheaper with approved dealers why would anyone want to take a chance?

This was a dealer that Luthier knew well, but I think things have changed since then. Must confess I tend to agree.

Luthier

This was a dealer that Luthier knew well, but I think things have changed since then. Must confess I tend to agree.

Swissgallory is not Mary anymore, she left company few months ago, and now she's building her own company.

Website will be available soon, she collecting data and pictures.

She found rare Breguet XXI for me recently, my IWC Big Pilot with WORKING Power Reserve and correct word Platinum (not Fiatinum, like on Josh's site) word on the case back, and I expect to get it on Monday- Tuesday.

Also, I wanted the watch, that nobody carry - Breitling SuperOcean Chrono with Day/Date - and she found it yesterday.

PAM Luminor Marine 44mm with white dial and lume hours, day and seconds &9 - try to find it! - No Way!!! She found it.

And, ofcourse, I pay significantly less than anyone of you, with excellent service, and great communication.

She is not a dropshipper, always send me a pictures of the watch, that will be send to me.

Don't accuse me in shilling again - I'm just telling you the facts. I do NOT invite you to buy watches from her. I prefer to eat my cake alone. By the way, she never had office upstairs of GZ watch market. Swissgallory had.

Ofcourse, if at least 5-6 of our respectable members will beg me for her email... then... maaaaybee... I'll soften my heart and will allow you to bite a lil piece of my cake...

Hehehe...

jameo210369

Like the look of the watch and for $60 you can't loose, if she gets a site up and running we can check it out.

trailboss99

OOps, I had forgoten about this review and should have edited it ages ago. That's why I try to stick to PM for small/new dealers, 'cause things can change overnight.

Why should you take a chance? Beacuse the more reliable dealers we have the beter off we are. Someone "took a chance" with you at some stage T4D and it proved a good move. I no one had been willing to give you a go you wouldn't be here either.

Col.

Luthier
OOps, I had forgoten about this review and should have edited it ages ago. That's why I try to stick to PM for small/new dealers, 'cause things can change overnight.

Why should you take a chance? Beacuse the more reliable dealers we have the beter off we are. Someone "took a chance" with you at some stage T4D and it proved a good move. I no one had been willing to give you a go you wouldn't be here either.

Col.

Very wise words, Col.

Everyone, who trying hard, and with good intention, should have a chance.

dv8

Perfect clones is doing special prices on some bvlgari's.

Is the rubber bezel long lasting?

Daniel_99
GulagGerbil_fishy.png

alanfast

nice watch....great story