Sign in to follow this  
mindvision

What to buy for my girlfriend

mindvision

Hey guys,

I'm a student and my girlfriend has her birthday in like a month. She is principally against reps, when she found out I was wearing a rep she said it was such a major turnoff. "Just wear what you can actually afford". I explained that it's not that I want to pretend it to be the real deal, but I just love the model/brand/clockwork and that I cannot afford the real deal but still want to enjoy the watch without pretending it is a gen. Had a major discussion and she's just not up for it. So it's a taboo now and she actually thinks I own a gen PAM, not because I want to fool her but just to prevent her from thinking I'm a fraud and all the BS I'd have to face again. I've spent >10000 euros on my motorbike so she thinks "life's about choices". She's not the rich type of girl but just a plain and simple chick, she's okay with whatever she has.

I'd really love to give her a (rep) watch though since she's not wearing a watch. I'd buy her a gen Hugo/cK or whatever but I just sincerely think it's a waste of money if I can also buy a more high end rep for it. Or maybe a nice bracelet or whatever? Do you guys have a nice suggestion without her finding out it's a rep?

I know this topic screams for critical comments about her or my relationship with her, that's not the purpose though. Smartass comments are welcome in my inbox, not in this topic please.

Cheers

TheSav

My opinion, don't buy her a rep. She doesn't want it and if/when she finds out it doesn't sound like she will be happy. Go with the bracelet option or get her a cheap gen.

rickyrosey

don't get her a rep, as you mentioned she doesn't like them so, when you give her one she might think you just want to be cheap and not give her the real thing

mindvision

True. Ok, so no rep for her. Maybe a hommage ladies watch then? Any suggestions?

KarmaToBurn

How much are you looking to spend? Does she like fancy or functional? Doe she have large wrists that can handle a bigger watch? There are many nice gen pieces at affordable prices.

Frankt8242

She seems to be hard to satisfy....

Perhaps you should buy this:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

PS...they wouldn't allow me to post a picture of that greenish blue pill !!!

Edited by Frankt8242

Prancuzas

Look at Skagen or Danish Design brand over eBay - nice minimal designs.

TT88

I'm selling a gen lady's watch if you're interested. Nothing fancy but definitely elegant and pretty nice brand for a lady.

It's at a fraction of what i paid when i got for my wife too.

Mi lady is not into reps too, so she gets her gen once in awhile.

Whether expensive or not, it's the thought that counts.

Sent from my Bezel using 116610

Realism

just get her a coach wallet

mindvision

She has very, very small wrists and is a less is more type of woman. She thinks watches look too large on her fragile wrists haha.

Looking to spend around 100 euros. If I'd buy a gen it'd be more but no way I'm spending > 150 euros on a crappy quartz just because it has Michael Kors on it.

parisianshut

REP seems a bad idea mate.

there are gifts that money cannot afford.

Even with my friends now, i don't spend too much money. it's all about the idea, being creative.

a few example:

1) a few weeks a friend of mine drop a party in his big house in the center of Paris, he is a nice guy and a bit megalomaniac (i m ok with that since i am a lot too...) to make him happy i surprised him by printing masks of his face for everyone. he was in heaven, and despite the appearence: i was the star of the night with this idea. ^^

2) my last girlfriend travelled for 4 months in italy and as we were trying to have a long distance relationship , i wrote a little note book with all our story, how we met, how i felt (you know the kind of things girls love to ear, i draw a few things etc... i had the best sex ever after that.

3) i met this girl in Cancun at NYE, a new yorker, she was everything of a materialistic girl and she had money (wearing a gen audemars piguet royal oak with diamonds ... if you see what i mean...) we had a great time bathing and doing "some stuff" at the beach during the end of NYE. great memories. i send her a few weeks later the photo below, i made it with photoshop, with the lights of cozumel at the horizon, the full moon we had. and that blue color everywhere... she was so crazy about it that she decided to come see me in Paris 4days after she received it. Even if everyguy she met before me tried to "buy her" with gift, she felt what i done with my heart.

Do exactly the same man. find what she likes, what connect between you and her, find something that money cant buy. be creative. it's always better.

she loves french food? cook and learn french food! surprise her ! she loves maroon 5? try to reach them to have a video of them saying happy birthday? seems impossible ? you will be surprised if you try ! it will take you some time, that's for sure ! but it will be worth it.

my 2cents.

1004774_10151485992030583_787884510_n_zps340d71df.jpg

photofina2l_zpsb4cc6bbc.jpg

Edited by parisianshut