Sign in to follow this  
black263

Review Jaragar Automatic Mens Mechanical Day Date Sport Tourbillon Black Leather Wrist Watch (Amazon £ 28.69 inc postage)

black263

Please note that this review must be read in hushed tones of awe and amazement (Dimbleby style)

And now after many years of believing that the breed was extinct, we have finally tracked down one of the last remaining DECIMAL watches.

Many years ago, when decimalisation first came into being, it was thought that the watch family had followed two branches. The conventional watch that we all know, and the decimal watch with 100 deci-hours in a day and 100 deciminutes in an hour. Sadly, the decimal watch fell out of favour and was hunted to extinction.

However, it appears that there was a third line, possibly caused by interbreeding between the two that led to a hybrid. A watch that had the conventional 24 hours in a day, but divided the conventional hour into new-deciminutes(NDM). There are indeed 100 NDM in an hour. Now you would have expected the NDM to be divided into 100 new deciseconds (NDS), but that is not the case. As I said this is a hybrid, and the second hand covers 1 revolution in a conventional minute, thus taking 1.666 NDM per revolution. As a result after 60 revolutions of the second hand, the minute hand has turned one full revolution and a conventional hour has passed. There are small triangular markings on the inner face of the watch and this allows the hour hand to read conventional time.

S1040006_zpscb77685d.jpg

As you can see, there are three buttons on the watch. They are black and shiny, so must be good. The top button adjusts the 9 sub dial. This has 7 positions and can be used to indicate the day. Occasionally, at an indeterminate time overnight, this hand moves one division forward. This means that on wakening, you are able to know that you have reached the next day. This is important. The lower button adjusts the 3 subdial, and each press moves it on one click. There are twelve in a revolution, but are not connected to any other part of the watch. This means that if you have, say, 12 children with you , you can get them to walk past, and click the button as each one does. If it reaches the start position, you know you haven't lost one, giving a great sense of relief.

The date is adjusted by a small recessed push button on the side of the watch. This works as advertised which makes it boring.

The tourbillon is the newest static version. Most rotate, but this doesn't. This reduces wear and tear, and will probably extend the life of the watch by several weeks.

An important safety device on the watch is the AAR. Anti-anti-reflection coating provides an important safety feature. Should you be walking around and feel that someone is creeping up on you, you simply use the watch as a rear-view mirror.

S1040011_zps59bb8b23.jpg

Many watches have the three buttons in line. This is boring, and the Jaragar has a very pleasing assymetry to the button layout. They push and turn and as a result, things happen. - Sometimes.

S1040007_zps5a127835.jpg

Now to take a look at the movement.

On the back is a rotor. This rotorates when the watch is moved. It is apparently connected to the movement in some way, as if you swirl it round the movement moves. In its resting position, it neatly covers the holes in the back of the movement, and thereby stops any casual observer from commenting on it.

S1040012_zps462b699f.jpg

Careful adjustment of the watch brings the movement into view, and allows the full beauty to be appreciated. You will see that the back is 3ATM water resistant. It is important to note that this does not apply when it is attached to the rest of the watch.

S1040013_zpsc2ab3b49.jpg

We now come to the all important Lume shot. In a predatory world, it is not very life-enhancing to shout out to other watches and expose your location in the dark. Many a life has been saved by stealth, and this watch is undoubtedly among the more stealthy.

S1040015_zpsabf539d2.jpg

Finally, how does it perform on the Timegrapher. I have seen better in some watches, but this probably sets a new record.

S1040018_zps5e180ee0.jpg

Thank you for your attention.

greg_r

:clap::rofl: :rofl: :clap:

Man, that's right up there with JohnG's review of the 87S sub.

Awesome :D

mspangl

+128secs a day :lol:

black263

That's conventional seconds of course. In reality that translates to 213 NDS.

black263

I forgot to mention that its a big bugger.

S1040019_zps0e67b626.jpg

I tried a wrist shot, but my arm rejected it

not_finbar

Actually crying with laughter reading this.

black263

Actually crying with laughter reading this.

Glad to see someone appreciates quality.

alpl

That AP is trying to run away.

diskotekno

Lol! I actually bought a jaragar watch that I am waiting to arrive. for £12 I know it's gonna be pure quality!

fatarms

This is probably one of the funniest things I've seen posted at this place. Well done :lol: :lol:

black263

This review has clearly sparked interest in the market, and Amazon, never failing to spot an opportunity, has increased the price to £30.79. Still a bargain in my opinion.

Sunny Puddi

Chronometre Certifie for sure.

TheSav

Wonder if they'll rep it?

Thanks for the laugh Black :)

yawn
:rofl:

Rabeen

If we don't already, we should have a sub-forum of RWG Gold where this belongs. Legendary post. I think the watch is stunning, like a brick to the face.

Pmat

Great thread.

Rabeen

On reflection, the 128 additional seconds per day is a clever nod to the computer age. My old Spectrum had 128k of memory, an eighth of a mega-byte. So, so clever.

Mike on a bike

Wife wondering why I am at computer :dingleberry: LOL :lmao: , thinks I'm crazy! Well done !!! A gold section choice for sure................... :cheerleader2:

corsa

Wow!!! just wow.... Wear it with pride.......

.Or just smash it with a hammer!!!

Scompx1

Looks amazing!!!! Congrats :)

myaz

This review is hilarious. Yet instructional. Thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Odyseus

The manufacturer's attention to detail, styling and quality is outstanding, why pay more?? .... I want want one now :);)