Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Going to liquidate some of the collecction

AllergyDoc

I guess it's out of my comfort zone. Strap Culture straps are for Panerai watches. The large keepers look silly. I don't think of the SA as "rugged" but the straps appear very rugged. Wearing it for a while might change my mind, though.

JohnG
I guess it's out of my comfort zone. Strap Culture straps are for Panerai watches. The large keepers look silly. I don't think of the SA as "rugged" but the straps appear very rugged. Wearing it for a while might change my mind, though.

yeah, there is that about the keepers.... I know what you mean, but I think the SA is rugged, but in a different way than a Pam. It is a big MASCULINE watch and I think it might work. It is 5mm bigger than a Pam so the keepers might not look exaggerated, relative to the watch. Or maybe I should say "too exaggerated." They are clearly very large, but will they look outsized and ridiculous on a SA? Only one way to find out...

If I don't like it, I can sell it (or save it for a Pam) and get a rep OR rubber deployant from Josh...

JohnG

The more I think about AD\'s comments about the large keepers of SC straps - the more I think he is right - just won\'t look right on the SA. But I was looking at Gorilla Straps from RepGeek and he does nice custom straps at decent prices...

Here is a polished deployant that you can get up to 24 mm for any custom strap... I could get a nice fat (24mm x 5mm) strap and have this deployant on it...

deploy-buckles.jpg

Here is another idea - try to get a rep deployant clasp for Ocean Racer, and have it sent to Gorilla Straps and fitted to a custom strap - here is the clasp:

BRT1179f.jpg

greg_r
The more I think about AD\'s comments about the large keepers of SC straps - the more I think he is right - just won\'t look right on the SA. But I was looking at Gorilla Straps from RepGeek and he does nice custom straps at decent prices...

Here is a polished deployant that you can get up to 24 mm for any custom strap... I could get a nice fat (24mm x 5mm) strap and have this deployant on it...

I have several of these in various sizes on a variety of watches ranging from AP to Breguet to a PAM - I've even managed to get one to fit a thin-ish rubber strap (although it was a tight fit). My wife also has a gold one on her Cartier. There are better looking deployants out there, but I find these particularly comfortable - do be aware, though, that they need a strap with fairly thin ends - a 5mm thick strap end isn't going to fit.

JohnG

I have several of these in various sizes on a variety of watches ranging from AP to Breguet to a PAM - I've even managed to get one to fit a thin-ish rubber strap (although it was a tight fit). My wife also has a gold one on her Cartier. There are better looking deployants out there, but I find these particularly comfortable - do be aware, though, that they need a strap with fairly thin ends - a 5mm thick strap end isn't going to fit.

So what about my idea of getting a rep Breitling Ocean Racer deployant and having Gorilla fit a thick band to it? Does that sound cool? I think it would look awesome...

BRT1179f.jpg

oscarmadfish

that rubber with the deployment is the dogs bollocks john i would put a strap like that on all my breitlings :drunksing:

AllergyDoc

That thick rubber strap and deployment looks great! If that works out I might even get another SA to put one on.

greg_r
So what about my idea of getting a rep Breitling Ocean Racer deployant and having Gorilla fit a thick band to it? Does that sound cool? I think it would look awesome...

No argument :drunksing:

sconehead

How good are the rep deployments though? I tried rep rubber on my SOSF at first but in the end bought the gen rubber and the difference IS noticeable...

JohnG
How good are the rep deployments though? I tried rep rubber on my SOSF at first but in the end bought the gen rubber and the difference IS noticeable...

I don't want the rubber - just the deployant clasp - and the gen rubber/clasp is pricey - especially considering I will trash the rubber. So I am going to see if I can get just the clasp from Josh or maybe even Luthier's chick... then I have it put on leather....

that rubber with the deployment is the dogs bollocks john i would put a strap like that on all my breitlings :drunksing:

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RUBBER - I AM TALKING ABOUT OR DEPLOYANT CLASP ON LEATHER!!!

greg_r

Am I alone in this? Am I the only one who got what you were saying?

:drunksing:

It still sounds like a damned good plan to me, mate.

Ignore Oscar - he's just fixated on rubber.... :)

oscarmadfish

i am sure it will look good on leather

i am just saying it looks great on rubber lol

sconehead

No Greg, I also understood what John was saying. Does anyone have experience with the rep deployment? Dave probably does. The buckle on the gen rubber I got was different in that the logo was raised instead of engraved like on the rep. I know the gen will be pricey but depending on the quality of the rep, it may be the only way to go if the watch is a keeper... ;)

JohnG
No Greg, I also understood what John was saying. Does anyone have experience with the rep deployment? Dave probably does. The buckle on the gen rubber I got was different in that the logo was raised instead of engraved like on the rep. I know the gen will be pricey but depending on the quality of the rep, it may be the only way to go if the watch is a keeper... ;)

According to Josh's site, the OR strap/clasp is now made with a gen as a sample and has the correct engravings...

By the way, someone on Breitling Source already had this idea - with black leather:

CIMG3432.jpg

CIMG3428.jpg

CIMG3431.jpg

alphakazi

looks great!

onzenuub

Why are you seducing John to wear rubber, you know what will happen!!!! ;)

oscarmadfish

those last pics john posted=it looks great

Guest dave123

The gen OR is pricey,the rep OR looks good to me,people seem happy with it.

For me i like gen straps,but if you are just using the rep clasp there will be nothing wrong with that and a big savings.

JohnG
The gen OR is pricey,the rep OR looks good to me,people seem happy with it.

For me i like gen straps,but if you are just using the rep clasp there will be nothing wrong with that and a big savings.

I have read of a few people having problems with sticky buttons on the deployant but I am sure that even if I got a sticky one, a little work with a file will fix it up...

I am thinking of buying the clasp (without rubber if possible) from Luthier's girl. If it goes well, I will use them for the SMP Chrono I want...

greg_r

hmm - I'd go for the option with the rubber. Remember who got there first :vomit:

JohnG
hmm - I'd go for the option with the rubber. Remember who got there first :vomit:

:vomit:;):rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JohnG

SA on Pam-style leather - not too bad, but I think I am going to stick with the plan above...

DSC_0002-2-1.jpg

greg_r

Makes sense - the SA is a bit too 'flash' to look right on vintage-style leather, somehow. Still want one of those for my 111h, however... :rolleyes:

JohnG

I am working on the OR desployant/leather strap option. Don't worry, I haven't fogotten about my projects...

iabounty
No Greg, I also understood what John was saying. Does anyone have experience with the rep deployment? Dave probably does. The buckle on the gen rubber I got was different in that the logo was raised instead of engraved like on the rep. I know the gen will be pricey but depending on the quality of the rep, it may be the only way to go if the watch is a keeper... :wacko:

According to Josh's site, the OR strap/clasp is now made with a gen as a sample and has the correct engravings...

By the way, someone on Breitling Source already had this idea - with black leather:

CIMG3432.jpg

CIMG3428.jpg

CIMG3431.jpg

I have been silent because I thought you fuckers were nuts for wanting a leather or rubber strap on an SA... That I like......... Nice.... :(