Sign in to follow this  
Del

Del

onionbag

Very handsome Del, and on my list......I see you've still got that deep hole you stand in in the garden.

Hope you'll bring this to the GTG. :clap:

Pharmo

Thanks del, some very nice pictures.

Must admit this watch is really growing on me and the ss version is now getting extremly tempting :)

Del

:lol: @ onionbag!

Thanks guys. :)

Wrist-Time

Looks great. Think I want one. :D

edwinowl

It's the green monster I'm after mate if you see one. Great pics as usual. Well done mate.

HeavyKrush

Awesome Del! Really need to get one of these.

scorpion

3 times i have almost bought one but I am still undecided because of the size.

I tend to like 45mm+ and I am concerned its just not monster enough for me.

Looks wise i love it and Dels photos make me want one but I can try one on as no stores around here sell it.

Del how does it compare on wrist to say an Avenger Skyland?

Del

Thanks guys! :)

Del how does it compare on wrist to say an Avenger Skyland?

The size is 43mm by 12mm (approx.) and wears smaller than a Seawolf, mainly due to the reduced thickness. I took a quick iPhone snap on holiday of the two together for someone else.

It doesn't feel like a small watch.

9301891273_3fce60ffcc_b.jpg

scorpion

Excellent comparison shot Del - a wolf is 44mm? and the monster looks to me very similar across the bezel, monster dial is a bit smaller due to larger bezel but overall it is not looking small compared to the Bert.Guess to be sure I need to get myself up to London to find a store I can try it on in then buy off Amazon! And that lume - amazing stuff my own Seiko SNA225 glows very well but the monster has about 3 times more of the lume on it than mine!

1 cheers.gif

Serge D

Woohoo, someones having a ball with these photoshoots!

Del
Excellent comparison shot Del - a wolf is 44mm? and the monster looks to me very similar across the bezel, monster dial is a bit smaller due to larger bezel but overall it is not looking small compared to the Bert.Guess to be sure I need to get myself up to London to find a store I can try it on in then buy off Amazon! And that lume - amazing stuff my own Seiko SNA225 glows very well but the monster has about 3 times more of the lume on it than mine!

1 cheers.gif

The Wolf is 45mm but about 18mm thick. ;)

Woohoo, someones having a ball with these photoshoots!

Yup! :D

NFleischer

Well done Del. I have one also ( Seiko 5 as well). As you say, a LOT of watch for the $$$.

Probably dollar for dollar, the best out there. Some of them are even cheaper and make great gifts. I've bought about 4 or 5 in the $60 range at

cf2cfb6b-4ee1-4f25-8be6-2f1967b64b6f_zpsf3924775.jpg

Joma, The Watchery, etc. Finally, some people do the cool mods like Doxa or Fifty Fathom look alikes.

Del
Well done Del. I have one also ( Seiko 5 as well). As you say, a LOT of watch for the $$$.

Thanks mate! Yes, that Seiko 5 is lovely too. :thumbsup2:

I certainly feel that I could get into Seikos, plus the modding too.

NFleischer

And thank you. The fit, comfort and finish on that is truly amazing for about $140! I really don't know how

they do it (robots?) but it's impressive work especially for the price.

KarmaToBurn

Very cool shots (as usual )

Mine says hello :nana:

OrangeMonsterLume-2.jpg

Del

Thanks Karma, and hello! :D

E.R.

Very nice pics! Thanks!

I was tempted, now Im sure.

Dendo

Love the monsters. Great pics Del. And great subject for a photoshoot.

I agree with Neil - amazing quality for the price.

NCRich

Nice shoot Del.

HeavyKrush

You know Del, you need a bright orange sea snake strap for this. <wink wink>.

cogwatch

Love the Orange Monster. Mine says hello - first pic below.

Note, your's (and mine) is in fact the 1st Generation which is now discontinued. The new 2nd Generation has replaced it. The new one is shown in the 2nd pic below. The 2nd Generation hacks and can be hand wound, as well as it has a bit of a different design. Personally, I like the look of the 1st Generation. I'm not too keen on the hour markers on the new one. The "Dracula" version as I've seen it called. I wish they had just upgraded the movement with hacking and hand winding and left the design alone.

Since the release of the 2nd Generation, you can still get the 1st Generation and with some pretty good deals while there is still stock of them out there. As a matter of fact, I bought my 1st Generation after the new one was released. I had been looking at the Orange Monster for ages but for some reason just never made the move. When the new one was released, I figured I'd better get the old one now. The 1st Generation will always be THE original Orange Monster that is so well known by watch enthusiasts. I saw a "fire sale" on the old model and jumped all over it.

For those of you who have admired the Orange Monster for ages like I did, but haven't made the move, I suggest you do it now while the 1st Generation is still available. For one, you can get a great deal, AND you can get THE original Orange Monster before the "Dracula" version is your only choice :->

My 1st Generation Orange Monster:

image_zpsa9e13219.jpg

The new 2nd Generation Orange Monster aka the "Dracula" version :->

image_zpsd37749a8.jpg

Del

Thanks again everyone! :)

@ cogwatch - thanks for the explanation on the 1st and 2nd generations. Of course, I prefer the first generation! ;)

greg_r

hmm - nice one, Del. I've been looking at a black monster. Very very tempted. I think I better go buy one now before they disappear...

Del

hmm - nice one, Del. I've been looking at a black monster. Very very tempted. I think I better go buy one now before they disappear...

Thanks mate! And you'd better get moving asap! :D