Sign in to follow this  
Pharmo

Poll: Seiko monster Orange or Black?

Black or Orange Seiko monster  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should pharmo order?

Pharmo

.......and.......order the 1st Gen black!!!!! :-). .....and.....maybe that leather strap above..... Miles to go before we sleep.

:lmao: true....and i cant get the blue out if my mind as wel.....

solkryssare

BLACK

Is the dickheads choice. So black it is.......

cogwatch
I think it looks really good with the leather strap. What do you all think?

That's the Di-Modell Chronissimo. I have the short version and it's the most comfortable leather strap i've owned so far. It also handles water surprisingly well, i've been in the rain with it and no problems whatsoever! :)

salokiN - good eye, thanks for the info on the strap!!

For those who want to know more about the strap, I found the below review:

Di-Modell Chronissimo Strap Review

By STRAPAHOLIC | Published: DECEMBER 29, 2009

Material: Leather

Retail Price: $90.65US

Street Price: $69.95US

Thickness: 7mm

Style: Pilot/Chrono

Size Reviewed: 20mm x 20mm

Di-Modell is a German watch strap company that is sold at many different watch stores and sellers on the timezone.com forums for a couple of sellers. I purchased mine from cheapbas for $69.95US plus shipping in a 20mm lug width, and the buckle on this model is also 20mm. Looking into the specs for this watch strap, the 22mm and 24mm models also have a 20mm buckle, and therefore have a significantly larger amount of taper.

image_zpsb5b63e61.jpg

As you can see from the above photograph, the strap is made of several different layers of leather, with one that wraps over the top to hold the strap to the lug. The white contrast stitching gives the strap a decidedly sporty look, with all the complex layers and additional black stitching creating quite the myriad of textures and thicknesses. The craftsmanship is very good, and probably among the best I’ve seen in a factory strap. Di-Modell straps are sometimes handmade, though I’m not sure if this one is. The texture of the leather is pretty soft, with a deep grain like buffalo.

image_zps8de2e635.jpg

The leather on the backing of the strap is a bit smoother in texture, and is waterproof as is stated on the back. It actually feels almost rubber-like when I touch it, and feels extremely comfortable against the skin when its worn, even when my wrist gets sweaty.

image_zpsf9ceca25.jpg

There is a flap that sticks out underneath the buckle, making it somewhat awkard to put on initially, but it becomes quite easy when you get used to it. Like many Di-Modell straps. The second floating keeper has a little stitched-in red holder to keep it from sliding too far, which I have seen on several Di-Modell straps before. The strap is medium stiffness, and bends relatively easily, but does not torque easily.

image_zps7936b4fb.jpg

There is an extra padded section in the middle of the strap, which gives the strap a very unique look. This is supposedly one of Di-Modell’s most popular straps on Timezone sales according to the sellers. I can see why, because it looks VERY good on the Eterna Cambridge watch that it is modelled on. I would like to pick up a 22mm model to use on some of my pilots.

This strap is an excellent choice for sport pilot-style watches, and adds a waterproofness to it which is a fantastic feature. The strap is quality made and doesn’t show stress marks when used very easily. Highly recommended.

Rating:

Comfort: 9/10

Design: 9/10

Fit and Finish: 8/10

Overall 8.5/10

trailboss99

Damn, I am weak. Ordered this limited edition blue monster... :facepalm:

Seiko-100yrs-Monster-03.jpg

Where the hell did you find that????

SSTEEL

I wanna know too! Beautiful.

SSTEEL

Found a similar one on eGay, but not the same..

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20d5b4bbed

And the seller on eGay below sells several colours of Monster, but no blue :( Purple looks like a blue :P I am colourblind though.

Edited by SSTEEL

SSTEEL

Blue monster here

trailboss99

Blue monster here

:finger:

SSTEEL

:P

greg_r
:lol:

gugugalnoot

I would have the orange but I am...................Dutch.

Where will you order it, which url?

I am new here I have so far made my first order at TSWATCH, waiting for the stuff. I have asked to ship through UK.

Guitarman

I didn't vote. Have had orange for a week ( Dels photos finally pushed me over the edge.) and have had moths circling around it at night. Will now have to get Black which will be poss more versatile with various NATO colours. But guys these are awesome bang for the buck deals, and have really made me feel Seiko love!

greg_r

I am new here I have so far made my first order at TSWATCH, waiting for the stuff. I have asked to ship through UK.

Try http://www.creationwatches.com. Their prices are decent and they ship quickly.

Pharmo

Try http://www.creationwatches.com. Their prices are decent and they ship quickly.

+1 on creationwatches mate. Ive had 5-6 off them without any probs- great service from them.

gB.

Orange (and blue) all the way... :lol:

My recently new blue monster SRP455 and long-time collected orange monster had a passionate wild Saturday night, and this was their bastard love-child offspring...

POST1_zpse78b824e.jpg

Post2_zpsc2a1cfa8.jpg

Its better looking twin sibling. :lol:

Post3_zpsfd4b7a00.jpg

Post4_zps7598c8a5.jpg

sergiiko
SeikoMonsterBlue_zps31840881.jpg

RUSH2112

The amount of orange in the omega PO pumpkins is the max I can handle. I prefer the black

greg_r

Interesting that there's a straight 50/50 split on this vote :D

TheInthusiest

Orange. You'll look cool. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren

Black goes with everything !

:D

Hmm...no secret how I voted. :giggle:

WOW gB has some persuasive photos!

Pharmo

Interesting that there's a straight 50/50 split on this vote :D

yeah the votes have pretty much been split equally on this throughout!

Have to admit now I have the orange I am itching to get the black..................and the blue!