Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Stewart

Daytona sec@9

Matthew Stewart

Hi lads!

I've abandoned idea of buying a daytona sec@6,is too dangerous..so:does anyone have a sec@9?Who can tell me if it works well,and if it's fixable?I'm going to buy it from Mary.Thank you for helping me!

Matt

Omeg@007
Hi lads!

I've abandoned idea of buying a daytona sec@6,is too dangerous..so:does anyone have a sec@9?Who can tell me if it works well,and if it's fixable?I'm going to buy it from Mary.Thank you for helping me!

Matt

Just email Mary and take her advise. :)

Luthier

A7750 with seconds @9 will not have any problems.

Mary has it, Robert has it.

Good luck!

trailboss99

A sec@9 'tona is quite reliable, the basic A7750 is now a perfectly good MVT. The trouble with the sec@6 MVT is the extra module that moves the seconds for the @9 subdial to the @6 one. It is an add-on and not made by the MVT manufacturer. Basicly it puts a much higher load on the MVT due to the drag inherent in it's design and grossly decreases the lifespan of the MVT, sometimes to mere days.

Col.

RolexAddict

Col, you was faster than me :)

Just to give a short resume about the difference between the Asian7750 sec at 9 and sec at 6.

What you have to know :

The A7750 sec at 9 is the exact copy of the Swiss Valjoux/ETA 7753. The called 7750 is that one with sub dials at 12,9 and 6. This Asian copy is 100% reliable, servicable and some Swiss/Asian parts can be mixed

The A7750 sec at 6 is a 100% asian design and development. They wanted to improve the classic A7750 sec at 9 -21600bph-, adding jewels and change the escape wheel and balance design to get the similar chrono hand sweeping -28800bph- like the Rolex 4130 movement.

Unfortunately, the design, ergonomy and computation has flaws principaly coming from the balance and also from the mainspring. This movement shows instability and dies randomly.

Nothing vrong about the sec at 6. gear train, the problem comes from the movement background itself. Not from complications.

A7750 sec at 9 = 100 reliable

A7750 sec et 6 = ??? reliable. Some owners are lucky, other less.

Edited by RolexAddict

Matthew Stewart

Thank you lads,you were very nice!so I'll buy the [email protected] you like it?(this is the original one :) ) rolex_daytona_acciaio_16520_192_1.jpeg

Omeg@007

Very nice one===go ahead

Matthew Stewart

very interesting topics!!So in Italy there is a jewelry that sells fake Rolex!Cool XD

Member X
It's OK but the pushers are not correct.

Have a look here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=3697 and here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=4056

Col.

Blimey, toooooo much information to take in!! :)

I've only just started to like these but if DW is doing good ones for $200, I'm tempted...

Matthew Stewart

eheh too much..but nice items anyway..and cheap too!..who knows if he has problems with EU shipping..

pollux1
Lawrence has one too. (scroll down)

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/rolexdaytonaswiss.htm

He also shows a Swiss ETA for $650, if you're feeling rich. :monkeyspank:

I've got to get one of those. Does it wear small at only 39mm?

AllergyDoc

Compared to...? :monkeyspank:

39mm is okay for a dress watch. It has a heavier feel due to solid midlinks.

NFleischer

I gotta say the sub dial spacing on the sec@9 looks off to me.

RolexAddict
I gotta say the sub dial spacing on the sec@9 looks off to me.

no, they really have the exact position

Subdials at 3 and at 9 are well aligned with the 3 and 9 markers, this is correct for this model supposed to rep the Daytona with a Zenith movement

On actual Daytona, sec at 6, subdials at 3 and 9 are positioned a little bit higher

Edited by RolexAddict

Member X

Ah, thanks RA, I wondered what the rule was about the alignment of the subdials with the 9 and 3 markers :lol:

RolexAddict

have a look here, that's the 16520 dials with markers perfect aligned with subdials at3 and 9

02.jpg

here the modern 116520 sec.@6, look on the sudials at 3 and 9, they are slighly higher and not aligned with the markers at 3 and 9

01.jpg

Member X

Cool, thanks for the pics!

There really is a ridiculous amount of information about the details that differ between the rolex models :P