Sign in to follow this  
J!m

Who makes the best rep... Moon watch? (thought I'd say Sub didn't ya!)

J!m

So I have always loved the pre-moon speedmaster, and will get a gen at some point, but for the time being, I'd like a fully functional and great looking rep.

I did a search and found a few former for sale and gen threads, nothing like this.

Does anyone have an idea who is making the "best" (most accurate) model right now?

I can mod anything, but it is always best to start with the best possible foundation...

Thanks to everyone!

replicastuff

If you find one let me know! I've been searching and the chronograph never seems right for any of the reps. Lots of folks end up freezing one of the dials.

J!m

Reading now...

Pharmo

thanks for link...I too have considered this model for a while.

A friend only brought the gen a few days ago and I must say its a beautiful watch. Also considering the gen, but maybe will buy the rep to see how it feels on the wrist before committing to gen.

Arism

The Moonie is a watch you're better off saving for the gen IMO.

The flaws on the rep(aside from the crystal) can't be fixed no matter how much modding you do.

highergame

Gen isnt bad either

nev848

Yep save for the Gen. Get a decent second hand one for around £1500

Monty010

I have the hand wind model and a second handwind that just arrived. And I love

Em. Ok the flaws suck. Crystal, subdial spacing. Non frozen sub at 6 etc. but it's still a really beautiful watch.

I just packaged the new one to be shipped tomorrow together with a gen plexi. It's going on a trip to Kenny to have some tlc done to it. :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Pharmo

That's how much my friend paid for it from a dealer, wanted 1800 initially but dropped to £1500 for quick sale.

flyr

If you are not too concerned about the dial spacing(I'm not) you can put a decent one together yourself.

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

J!m

OK I viewed the maximum number of posts... But I got to page six... What's the verdict there (other than save your money for a gen?)

IS there a good rep of this watch?

J!m

If you are not too concerned about the dial spacing(I'm not) you can put a decent one together yourself.

Do tell...

nev848

That's how much my friend paid for it from a dealer, wanted 1800 initially but dropped to £1500 for quick sale.

Went to a jewellers last year who had a second hand beauty for £1500 and I walked away to my regret. :(

flyr

OK I viewed the maximum number of posts... But I got to page six... What's the verdict there (other than save your money for a gen?)

In a word "NO" You either fix the flaws you can and live with it or buy a Gen. No one has ever called me out over subdial spacing :noway: You could be in trouble if you stuck one in a AD's face though :giggle:

Monty010

i got mine from Mary and Rochest over on Watch International. Price was oke and as usual the service was perfect.

Monty010

In a word "NO" You either fix the flaws you can and live with it or buy a Gen. No one has ever called me out over subdial spacing :noway: You could be in trouble if you stuck one in a AD's face though :giggle:

thats why mine is going in for the plexi, subdial and a lume job. And after that ill be a happy camper :)

tommylad

In terms of subdial spacing, quartz is your best bet.

Definitely go gen though.

J!m

I'll check Watch International and see what they have.

Maybe I'll do the right thing and save for the gen. I'm never satisfied...

Off topic a bit I got more parts for my Seamaster 300 today... Have to check if the dial fits (I think it may not) and then splurge for the gen case set... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

J!m

Wait a second... Is the Quartz version an Eta (or clone) movement? If so, an Eta manual movement should have the same dial spacing (but maybe not). That, and I don't know of a current manual Eta movement this size- only automatic.

Checking gen pricing right now...