Sign in to follow this  
Ska

Mary Omega UPO Chrono (7750 MOD) Black Bezel Steel on Steel.

Omeg@007

Mate, i am certain u will like the watch,,,,,Omega is the Best of the Best :rofl:

Ska

Mate, Omega are the reason I love watches.

My father has had a gen 80's Speedmaster chrono since I was a kid. I was always fascinated with it.

My grail watch is the Omega Tourbillon, It'll never be rep'd tho...

Omeg@007
Mate, Omega are the reason I love watches.

My father has had a gen 80's Speedmaster chrono since I was a kid. I was always fascinated with it.

My grail watch is the Omega Tourbillon, It'll never be rep'd tho...

you might get the tourbilion mate B)

i have already sent pics of the tourbilion i want to Mary, and she is going to search for me....

if you have a model in ur mind, email Mary with pics, and she will do her best....:rofl:

Ska

Oh you're kidding. Incredible! Shit there goes my bank balance........ :rofl:

Ska

This is the dream watch:

51353392199001-20.png

that or a Jaeger leCoultre Gyrotourbillon 1 (But a rep will NEVER happen) and I don't have a spare £300,000 hanging about.

Omeg@007
This is the dream watch:

51353392199001-20.png

that or a Jaeger leCoultre Gyrotourbillon 1 (But a rep will NEVER happen) and I don't have a spare £300,000 hanging about.

This is 2010 Model, mmmmmmmm this model might not be there, but give a try to Mary cos i am looking for the following:

OmegaTourbillon.jpg

Ska

In the Meantime.....

2010-05-28 08:24:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PF Released from Customs

YAY

:rofl:

Omeg@007
In the Meantime.....

2010-05-28 08:24:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PF Released from Customs

YAY

:D

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Mate. Congrats.

:rofl: B) :D B) :clap: :clap:

Ska

Thanks man,

P.S That other Omega tourby rocks!!!

OmegaTourbillon.jpg

Edited by skathewatch

gran
Went to bed and to my astonishment when I woke up the following morning my inbox was awash with spangly new photos of a certain watch:

img0045vy.jpg

img0044dm.jpg

img0046oq.jpg

img0050kh.jpg

img0048o.jpg

img0049j.jpg

So as I'm a newbie i thought I'd ask people what they thought re: Quality, detailing etc......

Obviously this is just a first look, but when it arrives I'll be doing a much more thorough review.

Until then, I'd really appreciate your thoughts........

I got the very same watch and it looks really great...heavy too....have already sent mine for servicing, reluming and some very minor modifications

Omeg@007
Went to bed and to my astonishment when I woke up the following morning my inbox was awash with spangly new photos of a certain watch:

img0045vy.jpg

img0044dm.jpg

img0046oq.jpg

img0050kh.jpg

img0048o.jpg

img0049j.jpg

So as I'm a newbie i thought I'd ask people what they thought re: Quality, detailing etc......

Obviously this is just a first look, but when it arrives I'll be doing a much more thorough review.

Until then, I'd really appreciate your thoughts........

I got the very same watch and it looks really great...heavy too....have already sent mine for servicing, reluming and some very minor modifications

Good Luck with ur new babe :rofl:

Ska

Thanks for all the great comments guys. Once this arrives Think I'll do a proper review in a new thread.

This thread is more about the purchase experience with Mary.

So far its been flawless.

If I'm lucky it should be here this afternoon........

dingle
Thanks for all the great comments guys. Once this arrives Think I'll do a proper review in a new thread.

This thread is more about the purchase experience with Mary.

So far its been flawless.

If I'm lucky it should be here this afternoon........

:rofl:

Ska

bollocks - just looked at tracker. Delivery is going to be tuesday thanks to the bank holiday unless i want to drive over to the depot......

Omeg@007
bollocks - just looked at tracker. Delivery is going to be tuesday thanks to the bank holiday unless i want to drive over to the depot......

OHH shit

dingle

The tracker is typically a few days behind schedule....:yoda:

I hope this is your case :D

Ska

If not, at least it'll give my new camera lens time to arrive..........

Ska

It arrived!! Just opened the package and damn if she isn't gorgeous. Pics to follow over the weekend. Thanks to everyone for their advice and encouragement.

Luthier
Replied To her:

Hi Mary

Thanks for the incredibly quick reply!!

You're right the black dial is the one I'm after, (left hand one in the 1st set of photos without the red numerals and closer subdials.)

and yes I'd definitely like to buy it.

Just to make sure, here are the specs of the one I'm after taken from your post on the forum:

MOVEMENT: Modified Asian Valjoux 7750 (28,800 bph)

CASE DIAMETER: 45.5mm

THICKNESS: 17.5mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with WHITE Numerals

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal with DOUBLE AR

BACK GLASS: Solid Case Back with detailed engraving

BEZEL: BLACK Uni-Directional Bezel

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Double Deployant Folding Clasp/Buckle

DATE INDICATOR: At 4:30 position (Black Date Wheel with correct font and placement)

OTHER REMARKS:

Water Resistant

Fully functional chronograph

Running seconds subdial at 9:00

Minute counter at 3:00 subdial

Hour counter at 6:00 subdial

Pusher at 2:00 starts/stops chronograph

Pusher at 4:00 resets chronograph

Please let me know price etc, and preferred method of payment (paypal etc) and I'll sort it out ASAP.

Best Wishes

Chris

I'd kill for such an email.

:monkeypuzzle:

Ska

Haha looks anal I know but it's actually just a copy of her post !!

Ok so the watch has arrived and bar a tiny issue with the crown and tube threads it's bloody gorgeous! I'm buying a rep Omega box from Mary for it so I've asked her to send over a replacement crown and tube with it. Very straightforward fix.

The pearl is even better in real life and it was even easy to resize the bracelet!

Anyway I'm firing up the camera tomorrow and will be doing a proper review.

Relayman

Geez, followed this thread to the end only to find out that it may be absolutely, totally worthless!!!!!

:sconey:

Pics, Pics, Pics!!!!

Ska

Its ok Relayman - No need to get your knickers in a twist!!! There were so many photos (and the UPO was so beautiful) that I decided to do a proper review and leave this thread as a review of the purchase experience.

Despite being really incredibly good the UPO did arrive with a (very) slight flaw. Photos of that, and details of Mary's response to it will follow on this thread.

For the full review of the watch itself with many, many, many photos for your viewing pleasure please see the link below:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=5863

Enjoy

Ska.

Ska

Ok Update.

As I mentioned briefly earlier and as detailed in my review of the watch, the only flaw in this incredibly impressive rep is that on arrival in the UK there was a problem with the crown/tube which won't screw tight as any good UPO should.

What actually happens is that when the crown is pressed against the case and turned clockwise (where it should engage with the thread and tighten) it just rotates freely. If you apply pressure at an angle to the case and then release the crown you can feel the internal threads click over each other as the crown springs back out to the manual wind position.

There are a couple of possible causes I can see for this.

1. The threads on either the inside of the crown or the outside of the tube are stripped

2. The thread diameter of either the crown or tube are wrong. (i.e the wrong tube has been fitted or the crown was threaded using too large a tap.)

Now I'm both a realist and a lover of little problems like this. I'd almost have been disappointed if there wasn't something on the watch I wanted/needed to mod and get my hands dirty. With the rest of it being so breathtakingly good (see thread link below), this glitch is hardly a deal breaker in terms of my happiness with the UPO but it is still important to get it sorted as the screw-in crown protects the movement from dust/water as well as simply from putting undue stress on the stem.

Having mentioned this briefly to greg, dingle and kinky on the shoutbox they suggested I e-mail mary and ask her to send me a replacement crown and tube to replace myself. As I'm also interested in getting a rep Omega box for the watch I duly did so: Please see excerpts from the e-mails below:

Dear Mary

It has been a real pleasure doing business with you. I received the UPO this morning and it is absolutely fantastic. The bezel pearl is very very good and I have re-sized the band easily to fit my wrist.

I have already begun writing a thread on the RWG forum telling people about my great experience and recommending you to all the other forum members.

There is only one small fault with the watch, which is that I think the crown tube thread is damaged because the crown won't screw into the case. I have tried a few different methods to see if it would screw tight but without success.

I was wondering if you would be able to send me a replacement tube and crown? If so I can repair the fault very easily.

Thanks again and best wishes.

Ska

P.S So sorry I forgot to ask! What is the price of a replica Omega box for the UPO?

I saw the box that Tricky17 ordered from you for his orange UPO and it looks awesome.

Waited for a reply..........

Ska

Got this back after the weekend:

Hi Chris,

Thank you let me you have got it.

For the crown issue, pls check the pic, it can be screwed into the case.

I think you can press the crown into case a little tightly and then secrew it into the case. Pls have a try.

Thank you.

Regards

Mary

Fair enough I thought - and tried for a while longer to get it to work....... sadly to no avail although I did discover that if you maintain sideways pressure (perpendicular to the stem) whilst turning the crown you can sometimes get the threads to catch on eachother and kind of hook the crown on to the stem. (The crown usually stays put for between 10-30 seconds before pinging out again. - This would sadly not be a viable solution......:P

So I replied:

Hi Mary

Thanks again for the quick reply!

I tried screwing the crown in very tightly and even asked some of the more experienced members on the forum for advice about different methods of tightening the crown, all without success I'm afraid!

Unfortunately when you press the crown tightly into the case and try to tighten it, it just rotates freely and won't catch on the thread enough to lock tightly. I have even tried turning anti-clockwise slightly to catch the thread which doesn't work either, the crown just springs back out to the manual wind position.

On a positive note though, I charged the lume last night and it's brilliant!

Best wishes

Ska

So bank holiday weekend came and went here in the UK, and then first thing on Tuesday morning this arrived in my inbox:

Hi Chris,

Good day.

I have check it with the factory. The factory will not sell the tube and crown to me.

Pls find a watchsmith there to repair it for you. Or you can send that watch back to me.

I can get the box for you, the price for it is $65.

Regards

Mary

So basically I'm kind of back to square one. I don't mind taking it to a watchmaker (i'm lucky to have a decidedly dodgy yet telented one nearby who loves reps as much as me) but to be honest I was really looking forward to fixing this baby myself.

So I'm opening up the floor to anyone willing to give me some advice as to my next move? What would you lot do?

greg_r

That's unfortunate. Personally I'd return the watch to Mary but I can understand the desire to try and get it fixed locally. Sconehead may have some ideas about this one...