Sign in to follow this  
TheInthusiest

Rolex DSSD

TheInthusiest

Hello everyone!

Im here to present to you my newly acquired Rolex DSSD. I bought this off of an M2M by a member 'Speer999' a top fellow who you can trust!

This watch has its flaws. But they really aren't visible until closer inspection.

Its a truly beautiful piece.

wxIBIKp.jpg

The watch features a hack movement. Not really my forte, but its one of the things im going to have to live with.

The date sits nicely in the window. The numbers are also quite nice and are very legible.

JEEVBwr.jpg

The pearl on this DSSD is nicely placed. Not really 'gen' like. But its ok for what it is.

One thing that does bug me about this watch is that the bezel sits higher than the crystal.

t6cskGk.jpg

Maybe all it needs is to be re-fitted. Or replaced with a new bezel?

The bracelet is very very nice. all links are solid and dont feel like its going to break any time soon. One thing that this bracelet does not have is the divers extension. Not like im going to be needing that any time soon...

The Glidelock system is nice and smooth and really holds the bracelet in place.

SziFFO5.jpg

1VxcFCI.jpg

Looking back at the photos i realize i should go and get the watch cleaned up a bit. :giggle:

The crown is also very nice. It has an extra round rubber spacer to keep it as water resistant as possible. This can be seen in the video below.

pHcWqlN.jpg

The rolex logo sits a bit too flush to the crown but it doesnt really bother me too much.

The caseback is made of a two piece construction. All engravings are very nice and have a good depth to them.

3Z3f5XA.jpg

It also has a very bright lume. The photo is out of focus. But you get the point.

zVxNcRY.jpg

Final thoughts: Overall the watch is great! Its built well and will last a fairly long time!

And i also made a little video of the watch. To view the video input this password= rwg

I also want to say thanks to Speer999 for the awesome delivery! Will definitely buy from him again!

Edited by TheInthusiest

LightGeek

It's perfect as long as you like it :)

TheInthusiest

It's perfect as long as you like it :)

It's not perfect. But I love it! :D

alexjustdoit

Very jealous that I missed this on M2M, beautiful watch!

boneyjr

Looks great. Give that bracelet a good cleaning and hit it with a cap cod cloth.. you will love it even more.

Planemo

Looks like a noob version with the bulbous silver circles on the indices, thin date font, curved triangle, dark caseback and outer ring engraving. Deffo not a 42PO fatory. Odd how the crystal is sunk. Not seen any others like that. Might have just been pressed in too far?

As LG has said though, it's what it means to you that matters not others, and being a DSSD fan myself I think they are ALL good!

TheInthusiest

Looks like a noob version with the bulbous silver circles on the indices, thin date font, curved triangle, dark caseback and outer ring engraving. Deffo not a 42PO fatory. Odd how the crystal is sunk. Not seen any others like that. Might have just been pressed in too far?

As LG has said though, it's what it means to you that matters not others, and being a DSSD fan myself I think they are ALL good!

Meh, one thing that does bother me alot is the deepened crystal. Whenever i try to wipe it off my fingers brush the raised bezel which is annoying... all in all, its ok! haha