Sign in to follow this  
ntmncer

Need lug hex screws (socket cap) for BR03 Blck/Orng

ntmncer

Hi All - I am new here - have been looking for replacement hex lug screws for my B&R03 black/orange instrument - I lost tow of them. I know they are hard to find, have been looking for 4 months. I went as far as contacting a gen dealer and she asked for my serial # (no surprise)

I almost had a source on another site but the site lost all my posts and PMs. The watch was a gift so i do not know who the dealer is. Any ideas?

Edited by ntmncer

trailboss99

These are very hard to find mate.

I have been trying for quite some time to locate a source.

Good luck.

Col.

ntmncer

Yes, that's what i have been getting for a while. I don't get it - the rep mfg's source them to make their watches, and a few of the people that sell straps source them - so where do they get them from?

Thanks, I will keep searching.

These are very hard to find mate.

I have been trying for quite some time to locate a source.

Good luck.

Col.

Wiz

Do you mean the screws that you have to remove to change the strap? Or the "back screws" you have on the newest BR01 reps?

Edited by wiz

ntmncer

Yeah, the hex screws for the strap (that connect to the tube) - not the back screws. 2 of them fell out and I cant wear it now.

Do you mean the screws that you have to remove to change the strap? Or the "back screws" you have on the newest BR01 reps?

Member X

As per the shoutbox, they all seem to be different sizes - and unless you know where it came from, the dealers won't be able to work out what factory it is to see if they can get any!

The gen is 1.3mm hex key but my quartz cheaper is neither 1.3mm or 1.5mm but somewhere inbetween, and no-one actually makes a 1.4mm hex key... :rolleyes:

I have sourced some hex screws, strap bars and the key to fit it for my Parnis homages, but they're massive compared to my quartz cheapy (and therefore the gen).

I fear you may have to either drill the lug holes so you can fit some other strap bar set up, or resign it to a 'windowsill' watch :johng: (My quartz cheapy is my bathroom watch as I can see it while in the shower LoL)

Luthier

Why don't you ask Mary?

Slight chance, but who knows?

ntmncer

Do you have the contact info of the source you git your parnis hex from?

As per the shoutbox, they all seem to be different sizes - and unless you know where it came from, the dealers won't be able to work out what factory it is to see if they can get any!

The gen is 1.3mm hex key but my quartz cheaper is neither 1.3mm or 1.5mm but somewhere inbetween, and no-one actually makes a 1.4mm hex key... :rolleyes:

I have sourced some hex screws, strap bars and the key to fit it for my Parnis homages, but they're massive compared to my quartz cheapy (and therefore the gen).

I fear you may have to either drill the lug holes so you can fit some other strap bar set up, or resign it to a 'windowsill' watch :johng: (My quartz cheapy is my bathroom watch as I can see it while in the shower LoL)

Member X

Jackson Tse (he's on the dealer list here) can get the strap bar and screws for like $2 a set :johng:, but I had to pay $10 each (+$5 postage) for the hex keys off an ebay seller... :rolleyes:

I think it was topwatches2009, I can't remember now!

ntmncer

That is great - thank you!

Wiz

Good to know!

I've got my screws from an AD. 10 EUR each. Ouch...

Member X

Did they fit the rep strap bars?

Just to confirm, the Parnis ones are NOT the same size - they are much bigger so may not fit unless you mod the lug holes somehow.

Wiz

Gen screws don't fit the rep bars. The AD got me the bars as well.

For the record, the main difference between gen and rep is that the thread on the gen is 3x longer.

Member X

Cool, thanks for the info, I didn't know that!