Sign in to follow this  
n18lld

21j Omega 42mm PO issue

n18lld

Watch just refuses to keep running. Seconds hand constantly stops between 9 and 10. Will it need a movement swap and will it be worth it? Any DIY checks to try will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mechwarrior

seconda hand hitting glass?

onionbag

This happened to me with a Tag Aqauracer.....I happened to notice that it ran perfectly well when the caseback was off, so I loosened it a half turn, and now no problems.

TRANSPORTER

Could it be hitting the minute hand mate, a movement swap is easy and cheap to do if you have to

n18lld
seconda hand hitting glass?
This happened to me with a Tag Aqauracer.....I happened to notice that it ran perfectly well when the caseback was off, so I loosened it a half turn, and now no problems.

Gonna check this out later. Thanks guys.

AS90

I have a 21j Omega movement you can have for £20.

884D2D2A-552B-4CBD-B60C-39A8629FE708-4366-000004EEC88DE9C9_zpsdc440e18.jpg

Edited by AS90

seclark007

With some/most of these pieces, there is an issue regarding the length of the stem. When it is screwed down as tight as it will go, the movement stops. Before you try anything drastic, simply wind it to get it going, then don't screw the crown in all the way - or back it off a quarter turn when you do. You may find that by doing this, the movement keeps on ticking.

S

n18lld
With some/most of these pieces, there is an issue regarding the length of the stem. When it is screwed down as tight as it will go, the movement stops. Before you try anything drastic, simply wind it to get it going, then don't screw the crown in all the way - or back it off a quarter turn when you do. You may find that by doing this, the movement keeps on ticking.

S

Might have something here. When I leave the stem out after winding it seems to run longer especially if its on the wrist but does occasionally 'jump'. If I put the stem in only slightly then it will pass the 10 and then try its best to stop but stutter past.

n18lld

Naw. Stops at 7 now!

tzsteve

I had the same issue with my 42mm po 21j, the second hand was touching the crystal, when all the hands are lined up does the second hand look very high?

kennycoder

Also had the same issue. Second hand was touching minute hand that was beeing pushed up by the hour hand. Hour hand was overbent due to low canon pinion.