Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

Omega 007 PO from Watcheden

AllergyDoc

Just a couple of photos...

I've wanted one of these since seeing Harley's photos so many times. I didn't think I would wear it a lot so I opted for a 21J model. Lawrence didn't show any on his site with the rubber band so I ordered this from WE. It cost $108 with shipping. Was supposed to be "Swiss" case but it doesn't feel very heavy to me. It took three weeks to get here.

The only obvious flaw is the lack of orange paint on the bottom of the "7". I think the HV is pretty close.

4640103213_192636ae88_o.jpg

See the missing paint?

4640710614_9099b31904_o.jpg

Rubber band is very comfy. Crystal has a distinct blue tint, especially at the edge.

It's my gym watch. :lol:

houndoggie

You don't know how many watches I've purchased because of Harley357's pictures... at least 5 for sure.

Looks good.

GC

Sweet pick up Doc!

But just a question, if you went for the "lite" version why didn't ya buy from WBK?, you would have had it in 3 days!

AllergyDoc

I've not had good luck with Stan's watches. The last one, a ceramic Sub, was plain crap. I had a hard time turning it around unworn.

GC
I've not had good luck with Stan's watches. The last one, a ceramic Sub, was plain crap. I had a hard time turning it around unworn.

Yeah, I saw that Sub you posted a pic of, it really didn't look too good.

Guess that would have put me off too.

phaedo

Bit cheaper than my gym watch! (Using the seawolf yellow dial for pretty much everything except dressy wear still). Looks pretty decent, aside from the missing paint of course, but then is that really noticeable when it is on the wrist??

AllergyDoc

You have to be inches from the watch to see it. No big deal.

The Seawolf is so thick, how do you keep from bashing it on everything?

phaedo
You have to be inches from the watch to see it. No big deal.

The Seawolf is so thick, how do you keep from bashing it on everything?

Practice I guess, and have mounted it on a rubber strap so it doesn't move about. Don't seem to have any problems with it hitting anything really. As a general rule don't seem to hit many things with my watches.

Tressles61

Hey Doc - I have a WBK ceramic too. I'm not Rolex literate. What are the flaws on that watch? I buffed out the middle link and made the whole band brushed. When I got the watch I could hear lots of clanking in the rotor and I could tell it was seizing up. Rather than send it back I opened it to find a mounting screw had not been tightened down. Simple fix. I made a timing adjustment as well and it runs an unbelievable 2 secs per 24hr.

I was at a jewelry store and I was looking at a sub that I thought was very close to what Stan was selling. The jeweler told me it was a 2001. I didn't ask to try it on so I didn't get too close a look and I did not get a feel for the weight. The band looked pretty accurate as well. I would have to do a side by side comp with the digital calipers to know for sure. I like the new Glide-Lock bands however this did not have one. Seems the Sea Dweller Deep Sea has those.

Tell me what to look for on these things if you would please. That's a nice 007 BTW. I love my UPO and PO - they are my goto watches.

trailboss99

Nice pickup for the price.

Col.

GC

Doc, you know what's really strange, I came across these pics of WBK's Ceramic Blk Sub from a member at RG.

It totally looks different than the one I saw you post about, which got me wondering why did you get a crappy one? Hell this one that the poster got even has the simple glidelock clasp with out the diver extension (as per gen).

link to pics: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=94168

Tressles61

Doc, you know what's really strange, I came across these pics of WBK's Ceramic Blk Sub from a member at RG.

It totally looks different than the one I saw you post about, which got me wondering why did you get a crappy one? Hell this one that the poster got even has the simple glidelock clasp with out the diver extension (as per gen).

link to pics: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=94168

That's the one - only I got the 21j lowbeat version without the glidelock for $130.00. I would have paid the extra $30 had I been aware of the hibeat / glidelock difference. Still has the Daytona bracelet that would need buffing though.

AllergyDoc

4401875554_b966f438f4_o.jpg

See how poorly the bezel numbers were cut? Especially the 30. No way to fix that.

4401875720_66622fc6d8_o.jpg

Stan wanted a Daytona I was selling so we worked out a trade. I got a Rolex for the wife, a Mont Blanc pen, and a wallet. The pen was supposed to be his "best" but was crap. The star on top was cut about as well as the bezel numbers on the ceramic Sub and the cartridge was dry. :D

On the other hand, 3 years ago I got a nice DJ that I eventually gave to my Dad.

Omeg@007
Just a couple of photos...

I've wanted one of these since seeing Harley's photos so many times. I didn't think I would wear it a lot so I opted for a 21J model. Lawrence didn't show any on his site with the rubber band so I ordered this from WE. It cost $108 with shipping. Was supposed to be "Swiss" case but it doesn't feel very heavy to me. It took three weeks to get here.

The only obvious flaw is the lack of orange paint on the bottom of the "7". I think the HV is pretty close.

4640103213_192636ae88_o.jpg

See the missing paint?

4640710614_9099b31904_o.jpg

Rubber band is very comfy. Crystal has a distinct blue tint, especially at the edge.

It's my gym watch. :D

it seems that, the watch been opened, cos the hands are scratched and the dial dirty+ the ''7'' been wiped at bottom.

AllergyDoc

I think it's the crystal that's dirty. The rest is poor QC, IMO. Still, decent for only $108.