Sign in to follow this  
offshore

New Sea Wolf in the fleet. Zodiac that is!

offshore

Just finished this one this week.

Thats my #7 Sea Wolf now, and this one's the best I have done.

Out of 1971, has series 70 auto movement with quickset date.

White dial and white bakelite bezel, its on an original Zodiac divers strap ( which took me 2 weeks to rebuild all the stretch links)

The bracelet is an Expandro from Germany, made specifically for Zodiac with the Zodiac insignia clasp.

The watch has been fully overhauled, new crystal fitted along with a new auto wind, which was missing when I acquired the piece.

DSC02960_zps6d586daa.jpg

I commend these to anyone looking to get a true vintage divers without spending the earth.

Careful buying will get all the components together for under $500.00 to build a a great example, (and have a couple of others for ongoing parts salvage) and they are just now starting to attract the bigger $$.

There is a collectors forum with heaps of info available, and a watch on ebay over a few weeks will reveal the odd good pickup.

Offshore

replicastuff

Looks good, whats the case diameter on this beauty?

offshore

The Sea Wolf has 36mm dia case, 38mm with crown, and 40mm high.

O/S

James.

Nice one mate!

SSTEEL

Good work on restoring this baby :) Looks an interesting diver.

greg_r

Classy looking watch - great work, mate :D

TheSav

Great job. It looks bigger than 38mm.

gran
:thumbsup: well done

edwinowl

That's bloody awesome mate, love it. Clap clap.

Robin195959

Hi Offshore,

Love the SeaWolf. I'm checking these out myself at the moment. Agree with you on the Zodiac brand in general - they're underrated and sure to go up in value. I have a 36,000 bph Zodiac SST with the smoothest sweep you'll ever see

Another one I'm looking at is a good Vostok 2209 amphibian. Lovely vintage looker not dissimilar to the sea wolf and for buttons!!!

Robin

Robin195959
Just finished this one this week.

Thats my #7 Sea Wolf now, and this one's the best I have done.

Out of 1971, has series 70 auto movement with quickset date.

White dial and white bakelite bezel, its on an original Zodiac divers strap ( which took me 2 weeks to rebuild all the stretch links)

The bracelet is an Expandro from Germany, made specifically for Zodiac with the Zodiac insignia clasp.

The watch has been fully overhauled, new crystal fitted along with a new auto wind, which was missing when I acquired the piece.

DSC02960_zps6d586daa.jpg

I commend these to anyone looking to get a true vintage divers without spending the earth.

Careful buying will get all the components together for under $500.00 to build a a great example, (and have a couple of others for ongoing parts salvage) and they are just now starting to attract the bigger $$.

There is a collectors forum with heaps of info available, and a watch on ebay over a few weeks will reveal the odd good pickup.

Offshore

Hi Offshore,

Love the SeaWolf. I'm checking these out myself at the moment. Agree with you on the Zodiac brand in general - they're underrated and sure to go up in value. I have a 36,000 bph Zodiac SST with the smoothest sweep you'll ever see

Another one I'm looking at is a good Vostok 2209 amphibian. Lovely vintage looker not dissimilar to the sea wolf and for buttons!!!

Robin

J!m

Great job, and excellent way to go vintage.

The "known" brands can command quite a bit more for no aparent reason- other than the marketing they did back in the day...

I am always keeping my eyes open for the odd old watch I can fix up.