Sign in to follow this  
wizzzard

Watch Watching...in Canary Wharf, London

dave1978
I had a meeting in Canary Wharf this afternoon and used the tube to get there and back. For those who don't know, Canary Wharf is a financial district in London full of suits and traders who make silly amounts of money every day - the perfect place to see some of those crazy genuine watches.

So after the meeting, I get onto the tube and take a seat. Opposite me and nearby, I see a couple of gents wearing some wrist candy. The first opposite me, wears a G&H suit, Barker shoes, Hermes belt, Mulberry brief and Hermes Cuffs. Looking at his wrist, I immediately notice the blue hue of a Patek Nautilus.

The guy to my right looks very smart and rocks a Montblanc Timewalker Chrono (I think - def an MB though). Anyway, loads of people pack onto the train and as I am about to get off at my stop, I have to walk past the Patek guy. I walk past and feel have to comment and compliment the guy on owning such an expensive and lovely watch. I say, "Nice watch buddy". He turns to me, smiles, and says, "It's a replica!" I automatically assumed that with all the fancy bits he was wearing, he would buy a Gen watch. Just goes to show that even high earning trader folk like a rep or two.

I must say, the Patek looked amazing - might be the next buy.

Sounds really gay to me

And I'm really gay

+1

Baldrick
Henry Huntsman or Helly Hansen

Well Sir, in my case Henry.......as for the OP.....most likely Helly Hansen.......he was a bit of a scruffy oik :B):

Incidentally, you, having been a long term customer and the inventor of the bunker lid will be delighted to know that your former clothier Jackson The Tailor have re-opened in the St Enoch Centre.......I wish them well.....perhaps you should re-acquaint yourself, I'm sure they'd appreciate your custom.

No word yet on return of The Thirty Bob Tailor or Weaver To Wearer tho' ;)

Chiquita Fanjita
Henry Huntsman or Helly Hansen

Well Sir, in my case Henry.......as for the OP.....most likely Helly Hansen.......he was a bit of a scruffy oik :B):

Incidentally, you, having been a long term customer and the inventor of the bunker lid will be delighted to know that your former clothier Jackson The Tailor have re-opened in the St Enoch Centre.......I wish them well.....perhaps you should re-acquaint yourself, I'm sure they'd appreciate your custom.

No word yet on return of The Thirty Bob Tailor or Weaver To Wearer tho' ;)

I had no doubt you would be attired by Henry sir ;)

Ahhhh the good old bunker lid. Sadly my creation died a death with all the old grannies in lieu of more skimpy creations.

Can’t say I venture into St. Enoch’s often, but next time I’m in the vicinity I may pop in to browse their range of fineries. Since the likes of Henry Burton & Co., Henry Taylor & Malcolm et al, there has been a severe lack of bespoke gentleman’s outfitters in the city, so good to see Jacksons re-opening.

I still wait with anticipation for the Thirty Bob Tailors reincarnation.

Kwt

I am most surprised not by the fact that you recognised all his clothes and what he was wearing but admitting that it was a rep to a total stranger. I do tradefloor support and I do not know of one broker or trader who would never admit it's a rep probably even to their own wives. They are that shallow! :giggle: