Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Rolex Blue GMT IIc

Lt. Dan

This review makes me sad, like the color yellow. :(

I really wanted to get this watch because I love the Blue/Blck combo. Guess I'll wait. Bummer.

Libertatia

This watch looks great. The only problem is the magnification. Even on the brand new noob sub c's, the mag is just nowhere near gen with its double a/r. Apart from that, I coulden't tell any flaws.

LightGeek

eqa9ama2.jpg

3e2ature.jpg

2ubuduga.jpg

nuwanda

Here are my "extended evaluation" comments. You can verify it able with the "gen pic" I posted.

- stem too long. I can just "feel" this given my (limited) experience

- crown too big. I feels huge and "tinny" -- maybe it's the crown guards that are too small, but it just seems big

- bracelet is not Silix $35 special, but it certainly isn't on par with $250 Rolexes we get

- date wheel is garbage BUT you see similar on Subs so it's not worse per se, just not "good"

- cyclops doesn't seem AR (as compared to gen and Explorer II)

+ dial print is good, as is the word spacing

+ it's got the black/blue bezel

+ endlinks are super tight -- I haven't taken it off to see what springbars are in there

- blue painting on the GMT hand does not reach the end (until the arrowhead)

LightGeek

Here are my "extended evaluation" comments. You can verify it able with the "gen pic" I posted.

- crown too big. I feels huge and "tinny" -- maybe it's the crown guards that are too small, but it just seems big

- bracelet is not Silix $35 special, but it certainly isn't on par with $250 Rolexes we get

- date wheel is garbage BUT you see similar on Subs so it's not worse per se, just not "good"

+ endlinks are super tight -- I haven't taken it off to see what springbars are in there

- blue painting on the GMT hand does not reach the end (until the arrowhead)

I accept that "flaw" It's present even on some of the green versions :)

LightGeek

It's starting to grow on me. I'm still not sure if I like the blue...

yru3a2ab.jpg

LightGeek

ra5e3esa.jpg

ade3yga6.jpg

donjuan18

Looks good man... Enjoy it!

SeptemberSun

Very nice! I tried this on last time I was at my local AD. I was expecting to hate it but the Gen has a much darker blue in real life. Much more of a deep royal blue. Looks like the Rep is ok in that regard.

LightGeek
Very nice! I tried this on last time I was at my local AD. I was expecting to hate it but the Gen has a much darker blue in real life. Much more of a deep royal blue. Looks like the Rep is ok in that regard.

Let me take it to an AD and do a side by side comparison :)

donjuan18

Lightgeek, and if the dealer spot the differences, just tell him that this is a special edition rollie you bought in shanghai's AD... Only 50 pieces available in the world.

LightGeek

Definitely doing the date wheel overlay swap once the case set arrives. Nice centered date but it's scratched and has hairs growing out of it...

vepazure.jpg

LightGeek
erupa4y6.jpg

LightGeek

Definitely growing to like the style. Got over the initial "gaudy-ness" of the blue.

urepaty4.jpg

Gymlover2011

Mine is on order from Andrew... can't wait :)

NFleischer

Overall the watch is pretty, but QC and construction finish seem so-so. Even the mov't is very obvious clone, some of them really look very much

like the Gen ETAs.

captaincaveman

Great review. I like the look of the watch but the little flaws discourage me from getting one right now. Too many other reps out there that are on my list to acquire. Still, great service to us with your write-up and excellent macros.

Who's the maker? I'm guessing BP?

LightGeek

Great review. I like the look of the watch but the little flaws discourage me from getting one right now. Too many other reps out there that are on my list to acquire. Still, great service to us with your write-up and excellent macros.

No idea, but could be given the similar "flaws". Thanks on the pics, I'm just using an iPhone.

benkenobi

Maker: BP Factory

QC: http://imgur.com/a/qEKh5

Enjoy.

Jan-mj

Let me ask you guys a question: Does the date turn automatically when the hour hand passes 12 or the GMT hand?

I feel stupid asking this but I simply don't know

LightGeek
Let me ask you guys a question: Does the date turn automatically when the hour hand passes 12 or the GMT hand?

I feel stupid asking this but I simply don't know

Hour.

jcagara08

My recommendation is a HOLD for this watch. It's kind of like the new ceramic POs -- got them out of the gate quickly with minimal quality refinement. The ultimate would be to merge a good Asian ETA GMT IIc with this watch. Essentially swapping over this dial and hands into a good IIc to gain a better bracelet and crown/stem, etc. Once the dates switch over into the late 10s and early 20s, I may swap in a TC date wheel overlay or just sell it.

one point you need to confirm mate, is the bezel really ceramic?

That I would like to know and for would be buyers to know to.

LightGeek

My recommendation is a HOLD for this watch. It's kind of like the new ceramic POs -- got them out of the gate quickly with minimal quality refinement. The ultimate would be to merge a good Asian ETA GMT IIc with this watch. Essentially swapping over this dial and hands into a good IIc to gain a better bracelet and crown/stem, etc. Once the dates switch over into the late 10s and early 20s, I may swap in a TC date wheel overlay or just sell it.

one point you need to confirm mate, is the bezel really ceramic?

That I would like to know and for would be buyers to know to.

As opposed to what? The look and feel is similar if not same to the sub and GMT IIc green. I no longer have this watch so the next owner can do tests if they wish :)

alw

I have the Narikaa "cheapie" incoming. Good for test driving.

deja123

I will get the trustytime "Supreme" Version with superlume the next 2 Days :-)