Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Rolex Blue GMT IIc

jcagara08

Here are my "extended evaluation" comments. You can verify it able with the "gen pic" I posted.

- stem too long. I can just "feel" this given my (limited) experience

- crown too big. I feels huge and "tinny" -- maybe it's the crown guards that are too small, but it just seems big

- bracelet is not Silix $35 special, but it certainly isn't on par with $250 Rolexes we get

- date wheel is garbage BUT you see similar on Subs so it's not worse per se, just not "good"

- cyclops doesn't seem AR (as compared to gen and Explorer II)

+ dial print is good, as is the word spacing

+ it's got the black/blue bezel

+ endlinks are super tight -- I haven't taken it off to see what springbars are in there

My recommendation is a HOLD for this watch. It's kind of like the new ceramic POs -- got them out of the gate quickly with minimal quality refinement. The ultimate would be to merge a good Asian ETA GMT IIc with this watch. Essentially swapping over this dial and hands into a good IIc to gain a better bracelet and crown/stem, etc. Once the dates switch over into the late 10s and early 20s, I may swap in a TC date wheel overlay or just sell it.

one point you need to confirm mate, is the bezel really ceramic?

That I would like to know and for would be buyers to know to.

As opposed to what? The look and feel is similar if not same to the sub and GMT IIc green. I no longer have this watch so the next owner can do tests if they wish :)

Why I ask because the marketing of some dealers is that they claimed that this is having a real ceramic bezel, if I am going to buy with this expectation then I don't want to be frustrated as well as the others when it will be found that this is only aluminum and issues will start to roll out like that fading bezel of the bp crpo, such issues put the budget of many at stake and the whining will never stop..just my 2 cents

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

LightGeek

Here are my "extended evaluation" comments. You can verify it able with the "gen pic" I posted.

- crown too big. I feels huge and "tinny" -- maybe it's the crown guards that are too small, but it just seems big

- bracelet is not Silix $35 special, but it certainly isn't on par with $250 Rolexes we get

- date wheel is garbage BUT you see similar on Subs so it's not worse per se, just not "good"

+ endlinks are super tight -- I haven't taken it off to see what springbars are in there

My recommendation is a HOLD for this watch. It's kind of like the new ceramic POs -- got them out of the gate quickly with minimal quality refinement. The ultimate would be to merge a good Asian ETA GMT IIc with this watch. Essentially swapping over this dial and hands into a good IIc to gain a better bracelet and crown/stem, etc. Once the dates switch over into the late 10s and early 20s, I may swap in a TC date wheel overlay or just sell it.

As opposed to what? The look and feel is similar if not same to the sub and GMT IIc green. I no longer have this watch so the next owner can do tests if they wish :)

Why I ask because the marketing of some dealers is that they claimed that this is having a real ceramic bezel, if I am going to buy with this expectation then I don't want to be frustrated as well as the others when it will be found that this is only aluminum and issues will start to roll out like that fading bezel of the bp crpo, such issues put the budget of many at stake and the whining will never stop..just my 2 cents

Well I can tell you it's not aluminum. If it's actually ceramic and not a composite plastic, I can't say -- just like I can't confirm the other supposed ceramic sub/GMT bezels.

jcagara08

Well I can tell you it's not aluminum. If it's actually ceramic and not a composite plastic, I can't say -- just like I can't confirm the other supposed ceramic sub/GMT bezels.

Well yeah to each of his own, I saw a post from a member repeatedly saying its a BP version, it looks so good to be true that I suspect he's bluffing us with a genuine one.

NCRich

• Leave Lightgeek alone. I'll send it off for chemical and spectral analysis when it gets here.

edchng
I will get the trustytime "Supreme" Version with superlume the next 2 Days :-)

omg i'm so very close to getting this one for myself. please tell me how it is!

benkenobi

I purchased from Andrew. The watch is BP factory. Has the ceramic bezel. The blue is almost identical to the original and also the passage of color on the numbers is very well taken care of. This is not yet a 1:1 replication (but are there many?) Would say more than acceptable quality. If I have to give a vote I say 8/10.

Edited by benkenobi

Kwt

I have just ordered one from Mreplica. BP factory, 21J movement. Just awaiting QC Pics.

edchng
I purchased from Andrew. The watch is BP factory. Has the ceramic bezel. The blue is almost identical to the original and also the passage of color on the numbers is very well taken care of. This is not yet a 1:1 replication (but are there many?) Would say more than acceptable quality. If I have to give a vote I say 8/10.

hello Benkenobi, that is very reassuring. Did you get the 21J or the 2836? And how do you find the lume?

benkenobi

hello Benkenobi, that is very reassuring. Did you get the 21J or the 2836? And how do you find the lume?

Asian 21J. Is superlume like Sub C BT Factory.

deja123
stewrrvw.jpg

edchng
stewrrvw.jpg

that looks AMAZING. are you able to tell us if there are any flaws? How's the depth of the engraving on the bezel?

LightGeek

that looks AMAZING. are you able to tell us if there are any flaws? How's the depth of the engraving on the bezel?

Tell you IF there are any flaws? There are a few you can see right off the bat (that aren't uncommon). :)

edchng
Tell you IF there are any flaws? There are a few you can see right off the bat (that aren't uncommon). :)
lol sorry mate, I will still consider myself an untrained eye. Mind enlightening me (and all of us) a little bit?

LightGeek
lol sorry mate, I will still consider myself an untrained eye. Mind enlightening me (and all of us) a little bit?

The copy I had wasn't much more flawed than usual. The engraving isn't thick enough, the mag isn't quite 2.5, date wheel centering, etc.

The copy I had wasn't much more flawed than usual. The engraving isn't thick enough, the mag isn't quite 2.5, date wheel centering, etc.

edchng

Thanks for all that info Lightgeek! I don't know if this is a noob question to ask or if it's perhaps the only important question (to many, I guess). Do you think these flaws be easily spotted by people who aren't crazy about watches (i.e. 95% of the population out there)?

HWG

Thanks for all that info Lightgeek! I don't know if this is a noob question to ask or if it's perhaps the only important question (to many, I guess). Do you think these flaws be easily spotted by people who aren't crazy about watches (i.e. 95% of the population out there)?

Not a chance. And, when it comes to Rolex, people will look at you, and think one of two things - 1. Its a fake. or 2. this asshole has too much money

Lt. Dan

stewrrvw.jpg

I really like this watch. the one thing that is keeping me from buying it is the split between the black and blue on the bezel does not go throught the center of the 6 . It appears to on the Gen. Not sure how they missed that.

Lt. Dan

The Gen rolex-blue-gmt-master-31.jpg

edchng
Not a chance. And, when it comes to Rolex, people will look at you, and think one of two things - 1. Its a fake. or 2. this asshole has too much money

Thanks Lightgeek! I'll take a chance at being that asshole haha. That's all I need to know mostly.

LightGeek

stewrrvw.jpg

I really like this watch. the one thing that is keeping me from buying it is the split between the black and blue on the bezel does not go throught the center of the 6 . It appears to on the Gen. Not sure how they missed that.

That's his copy. See my copy at the beginning of this thread.

deja123

Two different factorys...my bp is superlumed and the Bracelet is Fine, but the New Batch from trustytime doesnt have the "6" flaw

LightGeek
Two different factorys...my bp is superlumed and the Bracelet is Fine, but the New Batch from trustytime doesnt have the "6" flaw

The unified message is... Wait :)

Pennapolis

+1

Chairman7w

It's easy, you just turn off the lights and look.

deja123

Lumeshot Trusty

udgadvdf.jpg