Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Rolex Blue GMT IIc

edchng

I took the plunge! TrustyTime is very efficient with their communication and processing of my order so far. Went for the Asian 2836 version.

Edited by edchng

donjuan18

Brothers,

What you guys think of this cheapie?

rujuhyda.jpg

Lt. Dan

It has the "6" flaw. The split should go through the middle of the 6

donjuan18

I know the strap is bad, how about it's cyclop and bezel??

LightGeek
Brothers,

What you guys think of this cheapie?

rujuhyda.jpg

Where's this picture from?

donjuan18

Not from the TD here. From a cheapie rep seller in my country. Is it good?

Lt. Dan

Good is all relative. I'd say the bezel is not good cause it has the "6" split that is not centered.

edchng

I just ordered mine from TrustyTime, hasn't arrived but from my QC Pics i discovered quite a troubling flaw - the date-wheel. It's horrid and the font is too bold (look at the previous pic and compare to a gen just go to Rolex.com). Everything else looks great, and IMO the "6 split" problem is far less obvious than that one.

Even the "cheapie" has a better date-wheel!! *rage*

I am going to swap out the date-wheel with either a new gen date-wheel, another rep one if I can find it, or just swap it with one from my existing GMTIIc which has a perfect date wheel. Then maybe i'll post some pics on here! (if anyone's interested?)

Edited by edchng

LightGeek
I just ordered mine from TrustyTime, hasn't arrived but from my QC Pics i discovered quite a troubling flaw - the date-wheel. It's horrid and the font is too bold (look at the previous pic and compare to a gen just go to Rolex.com). Everything else looks great, and IMO the "6 split" problem is far less obvious than that one.

Even the "cheapie" has a better date-wheel!! *rage*

I am going to swap out the date-wheel with either a new gen date-wheel, another rep one if I can find it, or just swap it with one from my existing GMTIIc which has a perfect date wheel. Then maybe i'll post some pics on here! (if anyone's interested?)

Just get the TC date wheel and swap it. See the repair thread for swap posts.

alw

Here´s mine from Reg, 21j basic stuff:

IMG_4622_zps77d66b93.jpg

pierre722

Any updated pics or reviews of this watch?

pierre722

Thanks!! I just pick one up and waiting for her to get here. QC picks looks spot on. I think with the latest batch they corrected that. I was told its a BP Factory watch.

gordon513

Is this the version from WI? I have read a lot of people saying to wait for an updated version but the one WI are selling now looks pretty good? Any thoughts?

Thanks

LightGeek

Yes it's the WI version. I (almost) buy all my watches from WI exclusively.

gordon513

I have bought from WI before and they seem to be very good. I don't know if you have the fully black GMT II with the A2836 from WI but if you do, how does it compare to that? Also I notice you say the bracelet isn't brilliant? The one on the black GMT I have from WI seems pretty good but I have a sub from silix (my first rep) which is awful so I'm very keen for it to not be of that standard.

Thanks

LightGeek

I've had half a dozen GMT IIc (or more). Read around :) it's not bad, just lesser quality than those.