Sign in to follow this  
gmchris

Reversible vintaging ?

gmchris

So i got me a navitimer in cream but its a still a bit bling for me, so i was thinking of toning it down a bit. Only thing is i would like to be able to clean/remove any work i do (assuming i fuck it up)

i was thinking with staining the inside of the crystal and aging the leather to start with.

Any ideas?

2013-08-11091916.jpg

SB56667

Check out HomageForum.com for the motherlode of vintagizing tutorials, and endless examples of how stuff turns out (granted, almost always on PAMs and Rollies).

Cynikal.Mindset

I would just leave it alone, it's a quartz version and not very gen like at all. Then again vintagizing it and messing it up you aren't destroying a $300 piece.

gmchris
I would just leave it alone, it's a quartz version and not very gen like at all. Then again vintagizing it and messing it up you aren't destroying a $300 piece.

I know it's not gen-like so thought it might look more obscure and discreet as an oldie. I find myself taking it off halfway through the day as it is so in-yer-face, which is a shame cos i find the slide rule very handy for quick calcs on the go.

I'll check out the homage forums thanks.