Sign in to follow this  
Killasam

DSSD Problem

Killasam

Okay so last night i noticed the inside of my dssd was steamed up i thought maybe because it was so cold. but now ( around 12 hours later )

it is still steamed up, so i thought id ask the experts.

What the hell is going on :(

lol here are some picturess ( i hope there clear enough for you to see the problem )

waterproblem1.jpg

waterproblem2.jpg

waterproblem3.jpg

waterproblem4.jpg

Thank for looking

Hope you can help!

prestigewatchco

It has moisture inside you need to dry it out ASAP otherwise you will do damage. Can happen very easily just washing your hands can cause it .

Omeg@007

OHH, very sad viewing such a photo :(----mmmm i think this is because you took ur watch for swimming

Killasam
It has moisture inside you need to dry it out ASAP otherwise you will do damage. Can happen very easily just washing your hands can cause it .

how can i dry it out. the watch hasnt been opened at all. and when i got i i asked if it was okay for swiming and i was told yet.

i havnt been swimming in this watch. but this has happened and i need to know how to dry it out wiht out opening it up ?

Thanks

greg_r

Unscrew the crown and pull it out into the hack position, then set the watch somewhere warm with good airflow to let it dry out. It looks like the seals are in fairly bad shape and need greasing - find yourself a local watchsmith who doesn't mind working on reps and ask them to waterproof it for you. Shouldn't be expensive...

Killasam
Unscrew the crown and pull it out into the hack position, then set the watch somewhere warm with good airflow to let it dry out. It looks like the seals are in fairly bad shape and need greasing - find yourself a local watchsmith who doesn't mind working on reps and ask them to waterproof it for you. Shouldn't be expensive...

okay thanks greg. i will do that

phaedo

Maybe rename it the EBSD instead? (empty bath sea dweller) Sounded better in my head.

Member X

I have my BR01 homage doing that at the moment :(

I've tried the warm place/good airflow thing and it's not working so far ;)

Next step is to leave it crown side up under an upside-down glass bowl with some rice in it as well, to try and get the moisture absorbed out of the case!!

greg_r

Yup - rice is a good move - as is silica gel if you have any spare packets of it lying around (usually found in any electronics you may buy).

Member X

You think I can afford to buy electronics?? lol :(

greg_r

:(

dingle
You think I can afford to buy electronics?? lol :(

;)

sorry to hear this Sam. :D

barkingtoad

good luck sam

Killasam

okay so the advice here has not helped. does anyone have any other methods! ?

thanks

barkingtoad

thanks

You need to open the back , if you havnt a case opener try a ball of duck tape to unscrew it you need to get air running through so it will dry

dingle

thanks

You need to open the back , if you havnt a case opener try a ball of duck tape to unscrew it you need to get air running through so it will dry

+1

leave it alone for a couple of days, then put it back together

GC

Sam, you will want to buy a moisture absorber such as damp rid or just some simple arm&hammer baking powder. Place watch with absorber in a shoe box or any closed container. This might dry out the oils in the movement but that is a simpler fix and the lesser of two evils.

dmisgod

who did you but this rep from and for how much ? im eager to know

The Equaliser

What you need to do is to get the moisture to exit the watch case through the same opening in which it entered, most likely the crown.

It has already been mentioned that you need to leave it somewhere warm with the crown open. I have succeeded in solving this same problem before by opening the crown and leaving the watch on a towel on top of the hot water cylinder for 24 hours.

The other method which should work is by applying direct artificial heat to the watch. Open the crown, set a hairdryer to low heat and then direct the airflow onto the watch. Once the crystal warms up sufficiently, the condensation should evaporate again and leave the watch as steam through any opening, and it will most likely be the unscrewed crown.

If successful, you really should get your seals checked to avoid this happening again.

E.

fakemaster

That is more than just a little bit of moisture. Regular airflow is not going to get it out. And even if it does there is a strong possibility there will be a film on the crystal. You need to take it apart.

trailboss99

Fakey beat me to it. That is a lot of moisture!

The back needs to come off and ASAP. Make a ball of duct tape, sticky side out on the outside and try to remove the back.

I can't stress enough how important it is to get this done ASAP. there is enough moisture in there to do a lot of damage very quickly.

One the back is off you need to remove the crown and stem so the MVT and dial can be removed. Not sure if it will have holddown tabs or not.

Is it a clone or an ETA? If yes it will for sure so you will also need a small screwdriver, one of little sets of 5 in a blue and clear plastic case will do for now. Shoud be about five bucks tops at WalMart/Kmart/Woolworths whatever. One that is done leave the lot in the sun on the window sill to dry for at least a day.

As Fakey said the inside of the crystal will probably need a clean with a lint free cloth such as a lens cloth before the whole lot goes back together.

If are not sure how to remove the crown and stem ask here and we'll talk you thru it.

DO ALL OF THIS NOW OR YOU WILL NOT HAVE A WATCH!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, NEVER trust the water resistance of a watch, have a look here: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...ting-53952.html Who did you buy this from?

Col.

P_Diddy

having you tried contacting the dealer you bought it from, to see if they give you a swap?