Sign in to follow this  
fatarms

Question about rubber link bracelet for Monster

fatarms

Hi guys, my next purchase is most likely going to be the Seiko Monster, black version. I read a few threads here, including greg's, that have said the bracelet is a little clanky. I'm really not a fan of the rubber strap that comes with the Monster, and I was looking for a link version of a rubber strap.

My question is about this particular strap, I was wondering if some Monster owners would be able to advise as to whether this strap would work on the Seiko monster in terms of attaching correctly and snugly to the case?

http://www.amazon.com/Polyurethane-Rubber-Bracelet-Waterproof-Luminox/dp/B003U7BHR0/ref=sr_1_10?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1376800533&sr=1-10&keywords=rubber+link+watch+band+20mm

TheInthusiest

The lug width on the Monster is 20mm.

Your aftermarked linked strap should fit it as it is also 20mm... Good luck!

Mazz

It's 22mm I have an isofrane on mine

fatarms

Everything that I've seen says 20mm lug width?

Mazz

22 fits no problem like I said I've got a 22 mm isofrane on mine and used 22 mm NATOS no problem

James.

Mini monster is 22mm, monster is 20mm, but like jazz said, NATO and rubber straps fit, and leather too, fit.

Mazz

It might as well be 22mm

James.

*mazz, not jazz, damned auto correct

Mazz

That's ok not the worst autocorrect I've ever gotten

greg_r

To clarify:

The monster's lug width is 20mm, not 22. However, due to the lug shape both the Seiko bracelet and the rubber strap have notched corners, so the strap is at its widest about 24mm, but notches down to 20mm to fit between the lugs.

If using a conventional strap, then buying one size up and either compressing it or notching it to fit the 20mm gap looks better as a 20mm strap tends to look a bit weedy with a monster. Certainly NATO straps etc look way better if you buy the larger size.

However, with bracelets then you need 20mm - preferably wider overall but notched at the lugs. It's kinda hard to tell without more specifications on the rubber bracelet you've posted but it looks like it should fit fairly well...

Mazz

I tell you I had no issue fitting a 22 mm isofrane in there no squeezing at all same with the NATOS no squeezing that in either

greg_r

Well that's weird as I've just had a measure up and there ain't no way a 22mm bracelet is gonna fit in there (at least not on mine). Sure, the lug gap is generous, but not a whole 2mm worth of generous.

Not arguing with you, mate - you're the Seiko expert - just puzzled...

trailboss99

Monster is def 20mm as G says.

Considered a sharkmesh for it?

Mazz

Is yours a first gen?

It's on my Fang "Dracula " so may be the 2nd gen is a bit bigger ill have to check when I get back home in a few days

greg_r

Yeah, mine's the first gen.

I know the 'frankenmonster' / baby tuna are 22mm...

Mazz

Nope it's on a 22mm Isofrane checked through photobucket. Strange

B198330C-F37A-44C4-A0A8-CA14F0D3B769-590-000000B6953C9C8E_zps8b39316d.jpg

trailboss99

I'll need to measure the Night Monster and check that one, it's 2nd gen.

KarmaToBurn

I just checked mine and it's a 20mm bracelet. If you want a steel bracelet I can't recommend the Watchadoo highly enough. You can find them on the Bay.

_MG_0957.jpg

SSTEEL

Nope it's on a 22mm Isofrane checked through photobucket. Strange

B198330C-F37A-44C4-A0A8-CA14F0D3B769-590-000000B6953C9C8E_zps8b39316d.jpg

Thats V2 with the new 24J movement, so different to Greg's. Yours is an Superior Monster, the tell is in the crown, which also indicates the movement also.

Edited by SSTEEL

Mazz

Also you can tell by the hour indices they are pointy hence the name the Fang

Cyril_Clunge

Now I've gone and ordered a bloody monster! Can we all just stop talking about them please?!

greg_r

Now I've gone and ordered a bloody monster! Can we all just stop talking about them please?!

Only one?

No! :lol:

Cyril_Clunge

I now have 4 Seikos in the air, I've gone from none to a sodding collection in less than a week, and I've got a list of future purchases! At least one more to come as soon as I can find one then ill have to pace myself :)

fatarms

Thanks for the info, fellas :D

greg_r

I now have 4 Seikos in the air, I've gone from none to a sodding collection in less than a week, and I've got a list of future purchases! At least one more to come as soon as I can find one then ill have to pace myself :)

Well, I bought one a couple weeks back to add to the one I already had (and another owned by my wife). I have another in the air and I have the next 4 :facepalm: planned. After that I'm gonna stop. Honest. :suicide: