Sign in to follow this  
gherrmann19

What's wrong here? New rotor maybe? SOSF v2

gherrmann19

So I started hearing some noise from inside my watch last week. It would stop ticking at random times during the day. Last night it stopped all together and had to hand wind it to get it going. Took the back off and found the rotor and screw laying in there. Ok I'll put it back together. I put it back together and now it's very tight almost like the rotor is missing some of the ball bearings. I thought maybe its over tight so I loosen it slightly and the. The rotor is flipping all around. Here is a video and picture of what I found. Any advise would be great. Thanks.

3F9A28DF-2881-4DA1-A996-BB494EB3F00D-1828-0000010594BE1C58_zps207402d2.jpg

Video

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/atyourfuneral9/E4E0E1A3-4D7C-43A2-8B3D-CA5964468EDE-1828-0000010319403C35_zpsc731b8b8.mp4

Edited by gherrmann19

Cynikal.Mindset

certainly appears that the ball bearings are missing from the bearing assembly on the rotor...now big question, where are they floating around in the movement now?

KeNnY

oh yes I see, better get a new rotor and all will be ok after that :)

Hazz

Personally I would take the rotor off and keep it manual wind, give the watch a shake and see if the bearings fall out.

gherrmann19

I shook it a bunch with the rotor off to see if I could get any out but nothing came out. I assume the TD should be able to source a rotor but shipping would be huge on just a rotor. I guess I should buy a watch along with it to make it worth it.

KeNnY

you can buy a rotor from someone over here or on Ebay :) around 10 USD with shipping me thinks