Sign in to follow this  
offshore

Hope this is what it appears!

offshore

I jumped on a "cheap" Rolex 2940 bubbleback tonite...

I know the relume leaves a little to be desired, but all other photos show genuine items, and the price is about 10% of asking price around town.

VietnamRolex_zps3b6f32a1.jpg

Yeh, I know, if it looks like that much of a bargain....................................................!

I'm guessing its a switch and bait, so will pay for it via CC to give me multiple comebacks....BUT, if its gen....well its the nick of the year.

Will owe $300 landed.

Offshore

solkryssare

Fingers crossed mate :)

simey83

That looks class either way!

TheInthusiest

I demand more photos. I think you may have landed a cracker of a deal. If its legit you are looking at a watch that can go anywhere from$2,00-4,500!

offshore

I demand more photos. I think you may have landed a cracker of a deal. If its legit you are looking at a watch that can go anywhere from$2,00-4,500!

Yeh, I know, which is why I cant believe there were more buyers in it.

If its legit, it will go to the collection anyway, but it would certainly be a wonderful acquisition.

Other photos > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vietnam-Issued-Rolex-Oyster-Perptual-Auto-Watch-Machine-is-Real-remade-from-now-/190885938885?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3AAU%3A3160&item=190885938885&nma=true&si=xBZPApYSFv2%252FhbsKbNi2IpRx1SM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

O/S

TheInthusiest

This post reminds me of the time I found a vintage Longines at a thrift store for $80!

I posted some things to Reddit.

First post before the purchase:

Updated post:

Hopefully you have as much luck as I have had with my find! I now have a few buyers internationally who are very interested in my piece.

Good luck!

ShadyManc

Tis a thing of beauty whatever the outcome and for $300 it's a good pickup no matter what. Enjoy.

black263

He is selling a lot of "Vietnam issue, remade" watches, whatever that means.

offshore

He is selling a lot of "Vietnam issue, remade" watches, whatever that means.

Yes, its the same seller I bought my Zodiac GMT from last week.

Now I am 100% sure the GMT photo/s are legit so the only issue is authenticity of what is received.

And I think the same applies to this one. I did get the GMT at a good number as well.

We will live and learn I guess.

O/S

offshore

Hmmmm, some ongoing research shows the serial number is from an 80's case, which is a bit unusual for a 40-50's model!

Also the gens have drilled lugs and this case is solid.

So at the very least it has had a case swap...but then why does the case have "Registered Design 2940" in the other end?

Methinks someone has an engraver running loose.

Pass on this in hindsight I guess.

O/S