Sign in to follow this  
bfbsr

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Navy Seals

bfbsr

This is my second post and to be honest, like many noobs, just logged in to get access to the knowledge that flows along these threads. I've read extensively: ground rules, advice, rep business, reviews. The only decision already made was the watch I was aiming for: the JLC Master Compressor Diving Automatic Navy Seals.

Didn't actually get to see a gen before ordering as it is a 1500 limited edition and all local ADs were out.

Rep reviews were quite impressive, starting with this one.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=47831

Being new to rep world, almost seemed impossible that it could look this good.

Started by contacting TDs with EU (Portugal) shipping, but all were out of stock. Finally bumped into a thread that made reference to Toro Bravo having this watch in stock (this was a week before he went probationary). Contacted Toro and after back and forth correspondence (it was actually out of stock) all set to order.

Will be reviewing Toro Bravo in a separate post but can say overall it went pretty well. Prompt communication, responsive to requests, fast QC and shipping and a great watch. Also, I wanted swiss movement and read Toro was particularly good at making the distinction (this was regarding dealers selling asian for swiss mistaken by factory).

Check gen review and pics.

http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16251

And now to the watch.

A quick note to say that prior to receiving the watch I got the chance to hold a gen for about half an hour at the local AD.

This watch is simply brilliant. I realize being a noob and all this may sound stupid but I can't understand how an amateur factory would get the expertise and go to the trouble of making such a watch. Dial flawlessly printed, date well centered, case color and brush, crystal with no reflexions, rubber bracelet like gen, clasp works well. Smooth bezel and crown. Lume is even and bright. Overall weight and balance like gen.

I was worried about the crown guard though, as all reviews show RED arrows facing up, which means setting and water resistance system unlock. I knew from Toro the system didn't work like gen, and there is a TD video showing the watch being set for time and date with WHITE arrow in crown guard facing up, which is not recommended in gen. Also, if the guard didn't rotate it would be an obvious tell for a rep.

After holding it for a while I tried to rotate the crown guard that stopped half way - there is a small screw underneath the guard that wasn't holding it from rotating but seemed unscrewed, tried to tighten but remains sticking out, checked with TD and other reviews and all are like this. Before turning it any harder asked Toro about it that first answered not possible to turn WHITE facing up but quickly emended it could be done. Held my breath thinking the whole thing would break apart and with slight strength crown guard was in lock position. Unlike fore mentioned TD video, and like gen, can't use crown in lock position.

Regarding movement, just to say I went with swiss and so far no regrets. It is silent and smooth and has been keeping accurate time. Didn't wear it long enough to know how accurate. I have a couple of gens and it could be mistaken for one. Didn't have it pressure tested, afraid I might damage the watch. If anyone did please share.

Total price 608 USD, swiss with EU shipping.

Impressive watch, well worth the price.

Enjoy.

9567492955_1ef212c835_b.jpg

9570286586_bd64f1d192_b.jpg

9570286322_3d37b25633_b.jpg

9567491411_269b5e05d5_b.jpg

9567491999_14cbc2d0b1_b.jpg

9567491675_ff82e334b9_b.jpg

This sequence shows crown guard being rotated to lock position.

9570285302_16ef1084b8_b.jpg

Flipper81

Watch looks great and the review is very informative. Definitely puts any of my posts to shame

nyckid

Mine says Hola :lol:

null_zps2eaa3e16.jpg

Navichief

Bump your great review with some more reference pics from my NSD. Thank you for contributing your review!

9595706454_ccc847272f_c.jpg

9592905461_d790246dbe_c.jpg

9592888273_91d4e4a44b_c.jpg

9593303283_b85793c112_c.jpg

9595694310_d96e42ecac_c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

alw

Holy sheep, that clasp is heavy-duty!

cbmd1

great review. Thanks

Mystery Shopper

Nice pics and review. Congrats on your new watch.

Rockzz22

great review thanks for posting

FCarvi

Great watch, enjoy!!!

Pretty wall of text but interesting, nice review

NFleischer

Very nice review and pix, congrats on the purchase. This is one of the best reps out there.

Black Diamond

Nice review, great impartial information and nice pics :)

HeavyKrush

Didn't realize the crown lock was so complicated on this watch. Nice review, can't wait for your next one. Great watch also, wear it in good health.

Soopah Spy

*Adds yet another awesome watch to his bucket list*

psantos1091

Woow...

TheInthusiest

*Adds yet another awesome watch to his bucket list*

In the same boat... :P

Pihlippe

Niceeeee, it's on my wish list :)

onzenuub

Niceeeee, it's on my wish list :)

Buy it and get away with the wish list. :D

mrcartoon69

Congrats, the NSD is such a beauty

venom43

Great review.... Like you I have just recently joined to learn and review great reps. This watch is incredible and is for sure my next purchase. I will be supporting this site and make my donation soon.

outline

Can you please help me getting this watch. Really unclear who has them in stock.

greg_r

Can you please help me getting this watch. Really unclear who has them in stock.

How about doing something wildly rational like actually ASKING some of the dealers whether they can still get this?

dingle

How about doing something wildly rational like actually ASKING some of the dealers whether they can still get this?

can the dealers still get this?

:tease:

McJules

dingwhore :giggle:

bl52587

Must... buy....now...

68L30

I've not been able to get a answer from a TD as of yet...but, any ideas if this will fit a 9" wrist? I'm betting I'm going to need a few extra links as I wear a xxl strap. I would really hate to swap out the bracelet....must have , must have....

Thanks.

Steve