Sign in to follow this  
jb007

My Gen watch collection

jb007

Hi Guys,

I actually prepared a nice long post in the intro section but alas the internet gods lost it and I don't feel like re-doing it, but as I've already taken a pic of my gen watch collection, I thought I'd post that at least..

Enjoy.

Oh, what's there? There's 2 VC's, one of which is a pocket watch ith no name on the dial, made for the UK market, 4 Rollies (one's my wife's), a Longines Pocketwatch from 1905, an Elgin pocket watch with no glass and a hand missing but I love the escapement wheel on it. My favourite? My Rollie 1960's DATE with a nice patina to it. The bracelet is newer, but fits better than the rivet one (which I still have).

jb007

ARGHGGHHTTY%ˆ&*($$#$%%ˆˆˆ!!!!!

I can't post bl..dy pictures with any of my posts.. Keep getting a "You must enter a post" message. I've already lost a really long (and I thought quite nice) post about my newbie experience so far and my purchases.. It was REALLY good... like Watch magazine cool post. :-( Ok, I'm exaggerating.. But still, I'm sure would have got a few comments flying.

TheInthusiest

I enjoy watching your frustration... Hehe

Libertatia

just get the direct link for the image and type [ img ] to its left, and to its right [ / img ] (without the gaps)

Edited by papabear

ShovelnTC

Yeah and if putting a long post together I find it useful to compose it in word or notebook then cut and paste, we've all shared that frustration of losing the post and it is rarely worth the trouble to do it a second time.