Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Omega Planet Ocean 45.5 (BP factory)

greg_r

It has been about a year since my last rep (although I've bought a few gens in the interim), but this made it onto my wants list pretty much on a whim.

I'd looked at the PO before, but it had never really grabbed me as such - I thought it was a nice-looking watch, but had never really looked closely at the gen and so it rather passed me by. Then a colleague at work bought the gen and I was hooked. It's SO much more striking in the steel than it is in photos and the orange bezel really pops. I'll admit the thought of winding him up by flashing the 'same' watch and then revealing how cheap it was also rather appealed ;)

I still had it in the back of my mind that it may not be for me, though, but figured I would at least have some fun with my colleague and then donate it to the board if it didn't suit me. Well, the board's loss is my gain as I'm seriously loving it - it's as comfortable as my gen Longines, with one of the nicest rep bracelets I've ever had. AR is first class and the lume is decent too. I'm being very careful with the crown threading (known to be a problem with the BP PO) and so far it seems to be okay - time will tell on that one.

The PO has real wrist presence and I am quite taken aback by how much I like this thing. I should have bought one years ago... Thanks to MR for an awesome watch!

Here's a quick snap that really doesn't do it justice - I'll try and take some more later.

omegaPO.JPG

Edit: more pics

po_270813_2.JPG

po_w_270813.JPG

dalboy

Looks mighty fine Greg..

Your friends gonna love you.......thats gonna go down like a fart in a space suit . :giggle:

greg_r

Looks mighty fine Greg..

Your friends gonna love you.......thats gonna go down like a fart in a space suit . :giggle:

That was my hope, yes :rofl:

Flipper81

This is on my want list but I'm going to have to wait

oscarmadfish

i love POs but watch out for the thread = all mine have gone on the threads

greg_r

Yup - I'll be real careful. Thanks Oscar.

oscarmadfish

i suppose the trick would be make sure you keep it running and then you would never have to unscrew the crown

Olly

Looks mighty fine Greg..

:rofl:

alw
i suppose the trick would be make sure you keep it running and then you would never have to unscrew the crown

That's my aim with all reps.

Greg, please tell us how it went should you reveal your rep to your colleague!

Pmat

I'd get one if I thought it wouldn't break so soon after arrival.

Cynikal.Mindset

I really need to get one of these...but NOT orange

greg_r

OP updated with a couple more pics :D

CM: I thought the same thing and was originally going to go for the black version, but the orange one looks WAY better in the flesh than it does in pics...

HeavyKrush

Great looking watch G. Wasn't a fan of the orange but its growing on me. Wear it in good health.

TheTinMan

Seeing this watch in the flesh is what led me to this forum, and eventually to buying the rep (and so many more since). Why did I ever try the gen on? I would have been better off never having found out about the Noob Factory, H Factory, 'Super Reps', '1:1' reps etc. Or would I????

solkryssare

Look sweet as hell G!

Chavezzito

Greg, compared to the gen (if your friends is orange too and if you have compared them) is there any difference in the color between them?

I have the UPO Pumpkin from Mary a while back and I thought the color on the gen had more presence.

I really miss an Omega in my collection and am starting to look at them again, yours look mighty fine!

J!m

I'm glad you like it!

I think the PO is a great watch that does not scream for attention, but is admired when it receives it.

When I saw the first ads for the PO on that billboard in NY, I thought for sure I would go for the orange. When I was in the dealers, I seemed to gravitate to the black every time, but did not really get hooked until I saw it on the rubber strap- THAT was the look I wanted- a rugged tool watch with a hint of bling from the Rhodium plated markers and hands. And I'm glad I did. I think this original version of the watch in black is the most 'pure' version. The orange is OK and I certainly would not refuse it, but I'm sure I would end up changing the bezel and dial to make it black and white.

HOWEVER, I do very much appreciate the idea of different lume colors on the latest versions. That was/is a good idea that was overdue. And, I like the contrast stitching on the leather straps as well, but I am very happy with my choice and will never part with this watch!

Now, if I could just get my Seamaster 300 cased up...

BlackBandit

Definitely let us know how your colleague reacted :D

Cynikal.Mindset

OP updated with a couple more pics :D

CM: I thought the same thing and was originally going to go for the black version, but the orange one looks WAY better in the flesh than it does in pics...

Greg, I agree with you as my brother in-law has one in orange to match his orange lotus elise but I don't think orange is suited for me in any which way...it is a stunner though

greg_r

Fair enough :D

greg_r

Greg, compared to the gen (if your friends is orange too and if you have compared them) is there any difference in the color between them?

I have the UPO Pumpkin from Mary a while back and I thought the color on the gen had more presence.

I really miss an Omega in my collection and am starting to look at them again, yours look mighty fine!

it's been so nuts here at work today, I haven't had chance to do the comparison, but from what little I've seen so far I'd say they're VERY close indeed. I will report back when things are a little less crazy and we get time to talk watches ;)

Aren

It's beautiful. Congratulations... really ...gone without for a year OMG !!!

Wear it and enjoy it often and in good health.

:wub:

TheInthusiest

Eagerly awaiting the comparison.

Stunning watch. Probably my next buy!

lefty1986

Does all the rep crown spoilt easily if we only wear it once a while n need to adjust the time n date frequently? Thx

Aren

Does all the rep crown spoilt easily if we only wear it once a while n need to adjust the time n date frequently? Thx

Lefty, you could introduce yourself and start a thread in the Flame Free Zone.

This is not the place for you to get appropriate attention for your subject and question.

Click the new member link in my sig for more help.

Welcome!