Sign in to follow this  
jojo8989

Centering Rehaut on Quartz B&R

jojo8989

I just received a B&R from Robert and i noticed the rehaut that lists the minutes (05-10-15-20...60) is way off. The 10 minute marker is in the 12 o'clock position, is this fixable? There is that great tutorial on taking apart a B&R on here and i might try my hand at it, is it as simple as opening it up and turning the ring so its in the right place?

I tried to take a pic but Iphones blow at closeups; but i think you guys will understand what i mean. I appreciate it fellas!

Member X

What model is it? BR02?

If so, the top right hand crown should rotate the internal rehaut :popcorn:

Get a pic up!

jojo8989

br6to8.jpg

Thar she is [bR8] (thats roberts pic) just imagine the 10 min marker in the 12 o'clock position

Member X

Bugger... Sorry to hear that! :popcorn:

I'm not sure what Robert's policy is on these specials - I know some are wholesale T&Cs but it could be worth just dropping him a line to confirm if you're ok to go ahead and try to fix it, in case he might be offering a return and re-ship option. (Although I suspect he won't! lol)

I'm hopeful that that should be an easy fix - it looks like getting the front and crystal off then working out how the rehaut is attached, and remedying the situation as required! Could even be a job for a rep-friendly watchsmith if you have one :)

jojo8989

Thanks X, yea he told me to open it up and fix it. I will get around to it this weekend. Thanks for your help man!

Member X

Take some pics as you do it and do a mini guide! :P

Oh, and I'm sure you already know, but use a screwdriver that's the right size for the screws and isn't too small - you'll mess up the screwheads otherwise!

Wiz

First remove the face, then remove the crystal. Most of the time the rehaut is not even attached, it just sits there. And go real easy on the components :P

prestigewatchco

Just remove the 4 screws and lift front off the rehault is not fixed so just rotate it no need to remove anything apart from the 4 screws

Member X

Sweet, should be an easy fix then!

jojo8989
Just remove the 4 screws and lift front off the rehault is not fixed so just rotate it no need to remove anything apart from the 4 screws

It really was as easy as that; ha, just unscrewed the 4 screws, lifted the front plate and the rehaut is just a plastic ring that sits right into the plate. Popped it out, centered it, screwed it back in... Easiest fix to date! Thanks again Robert and X.

And sorry. I'd do a miniguide but the only camera i have around right now is the junky iphone one.

Member X

No worries, I think even I could follow those instructions :lol: