Sign in to follow this  
Relayman

New Ceramic Sub Cheap W/Pictures

Relayman

I just bought this on 5/31/10 from a dealer on another forum but I thought you guys might enjoy the pictures.

The pictures are what they are. The watch looks great and wears very good. The bracelet is surprisingly smooth and substantial. Remember this is a very inexpensive watch. Yeah the pearl looks more like an outdoor lamp post globe and a little off center, but I have had worse bezels on much more expensive watches. The movement is advertised as a 21J and it has kept very good time since first wound and set this past Friday. The stem was very stiff as was the date wheel at first but they have both loosened and really are not a problem.

I look forward to enjoying this watch as an every day beater for a long time.

:cool:

img0991s.jpg

img0994su.jpg

img0995so.jpg

img0997s.jpg

img0999sr.jpg

pollux1

Very very VERY nice watch mate, I never really took much notice of this rep but your pics make it look outstanding.

Member X

That looks great! Rehaut engraving is nearly perfect as well! :popcorn:

Relayman

All right Rollie guys (and gals) did I mention that this one was $59?

:popcorn:

jojo8989

whaaaa? and whereeeee?

jkirke

For $59 buck-a-roos I'd buy one in every color combo...even a TT if they have it.

Is this one moddable? i.e. upgrading the bezel, possibly installing a DG movement? Even without upgrading it, still seems like a HELL of a deal...HELL OF A DEAL!

Relayman
For $59 buck-a-roos I'd buy one in every color combo...even a TT if they have it.

Is this one moddable? i.e. upgrading the bezel, possibly installing a DG movement? Even without upgrading it, still seems like a HELL of a deal...HELL OF A DEAL!

I think you can pretty much mod anything. But is the cost always justified? I don't know.

Looks good as it is though doesn't it? I think that there are a lot of good Rep watches out there in the $100 dollar category and certainly in the $200 dollar and under range. Sometimes one shows up at this very low price. And yes there are also some in this price range that will literally fall apart before you can get them on your wrist. I think the same could also be said for even some of the upper end Reps in the $400 to $600 range. Even trusted dealers that you have received good quality from in the past can be sourced less than stellar watches from the "factories".

It's all part of the hunt for me. You just can't be 100% sure until you have your watch in hand. But when you receive a really nice one, it sure feels good doesn't it?

:lol:

jkirke

It feels FRICKIN fantastic!!! Expecially when you read about so many members opening their packages and it's either the wrong watch, or the watch they want, but with TONS AND TONS of flaws. HUGE specs of dust under crystal, paint chipped off dial (happened to me TWICE), hands fallen off, watch not working....a million things can go wrong in transit...but when you open it, and it's what you had been dreaming of...feels AMAZING!!!