Sign in to follow this  
blaze4v

Breitling Superocean 42 w/SS bracelet?

blaze4v

I'm looking to buy a Breitling Superocean 42 as my very first rep. However I would really like it with the SS bracelet as opposed to the black rubber strap I've seen most dealers sell it with. Most have the 44 with the SS bracelet but not the 42. Do you all know if they would sell it with the SS bracelet? The gen SS bracelet is quite pricey, but I'm thinking it would be a nice upgrade if I'm planning on keeping for a while and use as my daily.

Lars_St

I think the best way to find that out is by asking some of our TD's.

Just ask them if the ss bracelet is available :)

Good luck in finding the bracelet!

Cynikal.Mindset

the "good" model is not available with bracelet...though you can buy a cheap model with bracelet...so, ur gonna have to buy a good model and a cheap model to get a good version with bracelet.

blaze4v

I think the best way to find that out is by asking some of our TD's.

Just ask them if the ss bracelet is available :)

Good luck in finding the bracelet!

Thanks, I already asked a couple. One answered but kind of vague "Sir, we have this in stock" with no mention of price, so not sure if they read my question fully.

blaze4v

the "good" model is not available with bracelet...though you can buy a cheap model with bracelet...so, ur gonna have to buy a good model and a cheap model to get a good version with bracelet.

I'm pretty sure I've located a couple of the "good" models with rubber strap. Could you point me to where I can find the "cheap" model with bracelet? Thanks!

Pharmo

Be careful mate as the width is different. One is 20mm and the other is 22mm. Not too sure which way round.

I wanted to do the same thing but found no solution except to buy a gen breitling bracelet. :(

blaze4v

Be careful mate as the width is different. One is 20mm and the other is 22mm. Not too sure which way round.

I wanted to do the same thing but found no solution except to buy a gen breitling bracelet. :(

I wonder if I should just get the Superocean 44 rep instead. Was the gen bracelet over $500?

kamma

The 44 is a stunning rep, you won't be disappointed if you get one, I do like the 42 and would prefer it if it was

on a st/st bracelet but don't let it put you off.. I think a 42 will be next on my list once the wallet recovers :cry: lol

Pharmo

I wonder if I should just get the Superocean 44 rep instead. Was the gen bracelet over $500?

sorry for late reply. The gen bracelet in uk is approx. £550 pound :(

Deffo just go for SO 44. It is a stunning watch.

mostling

Yeah, for the 42mm the is no rep bracelet it has 20mm lugs, the cheap abyss is 44mm with 22mm lugs.

If you want bracelet for the 42mm you're gonna have to go with gen bracelet.

That watch does look sick on bracelet tho, and the rep is a really good rep too so might be worth getting gen bracelet for it.

Pharmo

Yeah, for the 42mm the is no rep bracelet it has 20mm lugs, the cheap abyss is 44mm with 22mm lugs.

If you want bracelet for the 42mm you're gonna have to go with gen bracelet.

That watch does look sick on bracelet tho, and the rep is a really good rep too so might be worth getting gen bracelet for it.

mate you are relighting my thoughts here...I had given up on the whole idea of gen bracelet and rep SO 42mm now getting really tempted again :)

Like you say the rep of the SO 42mm is one of the best out there and with the gen bracelet would be a amazing combo at the fraction of the £2.6k price for the gen watch

9628705447_c1e4fe70a5_o.jpg

mostling

Haha, yeah it really does look nice, thinking about getting one again now that i'm liking smaller watches again.

Breitling-Men-s-Superocean-42-Abyss-Stainless-Steel-Watch-1.jpg

home_image.1820341.jpg

2320-1351-A1736402-BA28-SS-1.jpg

Edited by mostling

blaze4v

Haha, yeah it really does look nice, thinking about getting one again now that i'm liking smaller watches again.

home_image.1820341.jpg

Great feedback mates...what's up with that red tear drop on the top right of the bracelet. BTW, I'm going for it, and will post results. What do you all think of getting the Sellita SW200 movement for the extra $$ over the Asian 2824? I'm looking at puretime btw. And I'm looking at keeping this for a while.

twofake

home_image.1820341.jpg

Hey mostling are the photos of a rep or a gen watch with gen bracelet ?

kamma

Without quoting all the pics again I must say that looks awesome on a bracelet, I like it a lot!!!!! Great combo deffo.

Oh dear, I can see this topping the 'must buy next' list :cry: lol

Daywatch

Hi, have there been any developments in a SS bracelet option for the SO 42mm? Have bought straps and bracelets here and will have to go this option than if there is nothing else: http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s698h357-Stainless-Steel-Band.html

Any other (price-sensible) suggestion welcome :)

mostling

Still no rep bracelet, and will probably not going to be any either.

quick978

Hi guys,

After reading this thread I was wondering if anyone could help me.

My black rubber has split on my superocean and I wanted an exact replacement for it,

I've searched and searched but can't find a rubber or ss one (unless I go gen)

The markings on strap say (20-18 132s) does this mean I need a 20mm strap?

And would this one http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-p23295h357s359-Watch-band-20mm-blac.html

Go straight on it?

Thanks guys

sgtguk

Yes that band would fit mate, 20mm at the lug end and 18mm at the buckle end too...you can pick up gen rubber straps on the bay, just keep an eye out or put a wtb up on the forum.

quick978
Yes that band would fit mate, 20mm at the lug end and 18mm at the buckle end too...you can pick up gen rubber straps on the bay, just keep an eye out or put a wtb up on the forum.

Thanks sgtg, I'll keep an eye out, I already posted a wtb thanks