Sign in to follow this  
Planemo

Omega 45.5 PO Ceramic pumpkin

Planemo

Wore my Toro-supplied Swiss ETA PO for the first time yesterday having received it a week or so ago.

I won't show loads of pics as plenty have been posted of these PO's already, but a couple of things struck me about this watch so I thought I would mention them.

I like big watches, but the PO is bigger and heavier than it looks in pictures. I nearly fell over when I weighed it and saw that it is actually 3 grams heavier than my DSSD! (214g against 211g). Thats a lot of metal, but it wears substantially better than the DSSD which I think is down to the PO's wider, more articulated bracelet and the fact that the case is not as thick as the DSSD, therefore the PO feels less top-heavy and almost wears as well as a Sub IMO.

I have to say, I really like the PO. I've never been a big fan of Omegas but got this because I like to try things out and have found in the past that watches can be totally different in the flesh. Build quality on this is absolutely top notch, the only thing that bugs me is that the 12 and 6 marker squares are a little off. Something I might get Wiz to sort one day.

All in all I'm very impressed. Oh and I went for the pumpkin only because I couldn't find a black version without poor bezel paint. The pumpkin on the other hand is perfect. I would reccomend this watch to anyone thinking about dropping the moolah on it. Go on, you know you want to.

20130830_093614_zps12d3760d.jpg

20130830_093605_zps66a90649.jpg

Wriggles

Very very very nice!

alw

So nice. And you won´t have the fading issue as the bezel insert is steel.

greg_r

Yup - I recently picked up the same watch and agree. Much more wearable than a DSSD - it's becoming one of my favourite reps.

Planemo

Cheers guys

Yes Greg, I can see why folks are liking these. The only thing it screams out for is some sort of glidelock copy. My wrists swell a lot during summer months and although I wouldn't want it any looser than it was this morning, it's a little tight now at 1pm. It would also mean not having to faff with full/half links as well which IMO don't really provide a sizing with enough adjustment.

Alw: I was under the impression that it wasn't the material of the bezel which was the problem, it was the paint applied. For some reason the orange bezels are much better finished than the black ones.

alw

^ Well yes, the paint doesn´t stick as well to the ceramic as to steel. So metal bezels are more durable paintwise.

Sakurai

Absolute beauty, I have the same but in 42mm and totally love it.

Congratulations, wear it in good health!

boneyjr

wait, I am confused. I was under the impression that Omega didn't make a pumpkin bezel CrPO?

ron76

Really like these pumpkin po's but don't these have a steel bezel?

Sent from.... Bla bla bla

Gbkirsch

Enjoy the PO, my wife and I wear our Silix cheapy POs all the time and are very satisfied with them. Actually a great watch design BTW...

boneyjr

yes, the bezel is definitely steel. However, I agree with the OP that these are far more comfortable to wear than the DSSD.

Planemo

Just thought I would update this thread with a few more comparison pics.

The top view makes even the mighty DSSD look a little inferior to the PO:

20130901_171149_zps7fcec799.jpg

Side view however shows where the DSSD makes up it's fighting weight...

20130901_171321_zps463d0d15.jpg

And for shits and giggles, the PO Vs the Sub, making it look positively girly...

20130901_171416_zps4faa71f6.jpg

Side on with the Sub. I know it's not the best of images to portray the depth, but you get an idea:

20130901_171453_zps2f40e67a.jpg

Just thought it might be handy for anyone contemplating any of these three beauties to see direct size comparison pics. Don't forget, these are all awesome replicas and I am not trying to show any of them in a bad light. It's just horses for courses.

ShadyManc

Mine says hello, enjoy.

Nikon_090813_2017_zps1469882a.jpg

Mcloughlind

PO for me, no contest. Enjoy

Electron17

Got 2 on the way, really looking forward to wearing them.

Wester_Special

So many Nice watches, so many choices, so little money....:-)

Flipper81

The po is for now my last target but my wife will kill me if I get anymore. It will have to wait

thorny007

It's a beauty. enjoy.

Mcloughlind

I'm going to have to wait for my gen 9300, got a noob orange in customs as I type!

Keep looking at yours on the wrist! God it looks the business!!!

Can't wait.

Wester_Special
I'm going to have to wait for my gen 9300, got a noob orange in customs as I type!

Keep looking at yours on the wrist! God it looks the business!!!

Can't wait.

My Noob 45 mm black with silver numbers is in the air.

I am looking forward to see your pictures Mcloughlind.

Maybe i Will order the noob orange too.

calvincew

That's an awesome watch, fell in love with it the first time I saw it in this forum.

Any suggestions on getting the 42 or 45? Does this solely fall back to my own taste on watch sizes? lol :P

greg_r

Does this solely fall back to my own taste on watch sizes? lol :P

Yes. ;)

I have the 45mm version - it's probably my most frequently-worn rep. Great quality.

po_270813.JPG

Wester_Special
That's an awesome watch, fell in love with it the first time I saw it in this forum.

Any suggestions on getting the 42 or 45? Does this solely fall back to my own taste on watch sizes? lol :P

If you have a 7 inch wrist or bigger i would suggest the 45 mm.

But maybe it is i dont like small size watches.

calvincew
Does this solely fall back to my own taste on watch sizes? lol :P
Yes. ;) I have the 45mm version - it's probably my most frequently-worn rep. Great quality. po_270813.JPG
That's an awesome watch, fell in love with it the first time I saw it in this forum. Any suggestions on getting the 42 or 45? Does this solely fall back to my own taste on watch sizes? lol :P
If you have a 7 inch wrist or bigger i would suggest the 45 mm. But maybe it is i dont like small size watches.

Nice, I think I'd go for the 45 one as I am also inclined towards big watches lol :) sadly locally they only have the one with the rubber strap (will search some more, if i can't find any I'll look around for dealers here) :D hahahah

Hornet

Where did you get the DSSD from?