Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

My New Arktos

ebzen02

So last week I decided to buy myself a new toy from a nice board member over at Repgeek. Never a fan of the submersible line, however, the Arktos/Northpole are in a different league in my eyes. I just fell in love with the watch..

Anyhow, I received the watch yesterday, 3 days after the transaction-- nice price with the bezel marker glue mod and a nice CG (true to the model). The watch is AMAZING and honestly seems to wear smaller than the other 44mm PAMs; I think it's because of the circumference of the glass, but I could be wrong.The watch is heavy and substantial-- all things I like from a rugged watch. I am thinking of doing a formal review but I am sure you guys want a least one picture.. So here it is:

eDSC0738-1.jpg

KBH

Nice! What's the glue mod? Seems like I have seen a couple of them with markers missing. Good looking watch though.

ebzen02
Nice! What's the glue mod? Seems like I have seen a couple of them with markers missing. Good looking watch though.

As is known the bezel markers come glued with Chinese spit from the factories, thus a lot end up falling off. So what one can do is remove the markers and re-glue them. These were re-glued by, I think, Speedy.

AustinTech
sonvqd.png

Member X

That's quality! I'm not a massive fan of PAMs but these chunky ones are pretty nice :)

May I ask how much it set you back?

We'll look forward to the review ;):)

ebzen02
That's quality! I'm not a massive fan of PAMs but these chunky ones are pretty nice :)

May I ask how much it set you back?

We'll look forward to the review ;):lol:

$250, but he also include another watch (a faux china town chrono Cartier Roadster).. This is also the Updated Arktos version I believe.

Member X

Good stuff, seems pretty reasonable with mods included :lol:

AllergyDoc

I love the big chunky PAMs, but not the ones with the date windows. They just look weird.

GC

Now this is a really sharp PAM Sub!!

And that pic is WOW!!!

Yes, yes...plz do a formal review!

greg_r

That looks superb. Great pic too. Congrats!

ebzen02
That looks superb. Great pic too. Congrats!

After looking at many gen pics, this is extremely close to the gen. The only fault would be the bezel markers, but it's something you have to really look for. For those that do not know, the bezel markers on the gen are held by tiny rods, whereas, those on the rep are glued into cut outs of the letters and indicators. Also, I believe only 500 of these were ever made so the chances of being called out is extremely slim. BTW, the lume on the stick markers is very good, better than average rep. Unfortunately, the 12 and 6 is weak.. Oh well, not very noticeable...

Tressles61

Isn't that a 47 or 48mm?

ebzen02
Isn't that a 47 or 48mm?

44mm, but pretty thick and heavy (like that ass on your avatar LOL). . love it!!

houndoggie

Nice.

Becareful of those markers. Try to reglue them now, while you still have them.

ebzen02

They came glued on by Speedy...and lets celebrate ;)