Sign in to follow this  
Chairman7w

Tag Carrera Calibre 16 Day/Date

Chairman7w

Received my latest purchase last night, a Tag Heuer Calibre 16. Purchased from Deef in Member to Member, and I'm happy to say I'd buy from him any day. Quick, courteous and friendly, a true pleasure to deal with.

Onto the watch: I love it.

NewTag-3.jpg

What movement and exact version of the watch, I couldn't tell ya. I'm not the conas... konuc... uh, expert that many here are. I'm just a guy that really likes the look of these waches and can't afford the Gens, so I get Reps.

But I've always had my eye on this Tag, and when I saw it pop up in the M2M, I jumped on it.

NewTag-2.jpg

The bracelet is very nice, with a nice brushed finish. There's also small "links" without the brushed finish, and they work together very nicely to give it a very sophisticated look (to my untrained eye, anyway). The clasp has the Tag logo etched on it, and there's also Tag info on the iside of the clasp.

NewTag-8.jpg

The button at the 2 O'clock position on the side starts/stops the chrono, and the 4 O'clock button returns it to the 12 position. The crown is a pull-out (no screw in) type, for setting the time, and the day function. The left and top dials are faux, but the bottom one has a working second hand. There is a Day/Date window (duh) on the right.

NewTag.jpg

It has a very nice wrist presence, and is *just* small enough not to overpower my girly wrist.

NewTag-7.jpg

Overall it's a great addition to my new 24-compartment watchbox I have on the way, and I'm grateful to Deef.

Pharmo

Very nice mate! Great pic up. Love he carerra, i have the date model and love it.

Enjoy :)

SSTEEL

Congrats. The 7750 model of these are great value.

Yours is Interesting looking. Very different to my rep, and franken. Got a photo of the clear case back?

Looks like a Quartz maybe, but the sub-dials would point to A7750, but then again, the day/date font is completely different to what I have seen on a Carrera rep, so too is the chapter ring. A red Tachometer on the bezel insert should have a mating full red large chronograph hand too if memory serves me right.

First time I have seen "Certified" in red on the sub-dial @9, its usually Chronograph, or Quartz there.

Aha, just found the sales thread..

Tag Heuer Carrera day date quartz. This contains a miyota chronograph movement.

This was bought from Sillix a couple months ago and only worn a handful of times. Its a great watch and works perfectly, just has not seen much wrist time due to being a tad too large for me.

Sized to fit a 7.5inch wrist with extra link.

Edited by SSTEEL

Jase

Was just going to say it's a quartz. Same as the one I have, bought from Silix too.

Red Tachy text, certified text instead of automatic and when you get to Sunday, that day text will be in red too.

The other two dials aren't faux though, dial at 12 is minutes and the dial at 9 is hours. Start measuring when you start the chrono.

Nice watch to beat about in.

Wear it well mate..

Mine says hello,

9105665553_8b9dd75f88_c.jpg

Chairman7w

Oh. Cool, thanks Jase!

aguilaclon

can you say if I can get it fully functional all spheres and where? thanks