Sign in to follow this  
tesmith2112

Critique this SubMariner!

tesmith2112

I'm respectfully looking for the RWG experts to critique this recently acquired Sub. I want to know the flaws and superlatives of this watch. I'm also curious what you feel is a fair price for this watch. I apologize for the dust over the cyclops. I didn't notice it until I'd already put up my camera gear and was viewing the pics.

I'll reveal the price and dealer once I get some feedback.

IMG_8175.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8143.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

IMG_8141.jpg

IMG_8140.jpg

IMG_8139.jpg

mrtepax

the "m" in 300m is not aligned with the "m" in chronometer.

the 4 in 40 in the bezel should be narrower on top

the bracelet of mine has a different design different.

does the bracelet have the diver extension?

Iruel

From my inexperienced eyes.

Rehaut Engraving too bold n strong. Too obvious.

Bezel ring seems to curve down and the printing of the numerals curves with it as well. (Could be lighting).

Bezel pip is too big.

Crown on Clasp too big.

Cyclops...

GC

looks like a typical lower end 21J version... my guess $50-$100 (these are a good bang for your buck so don't take what I said as a negative)

RolexAddict

Firts : very nice pics and in a general way this sub looks very nice indeed

The problem with all these subs on forums is that nobody has made shoots with both, a gen and a rep. Only comparisons like for pearl, bezel insert fonts, dial etc. are based on pics.

If you handle gens and compare in several shops you will notice and learn that there are many types of cases and bezel inserts from a Rolex factory batch to another, means many differences of crown guards, insert fonts and pearls. This difference is identified from a production batch to another by the serial numbers code. This is for the regular sub and the LV. Another exemple, if you buy a sub insert from an AD, it will look different from the one on the gen watch, as replacement parts dont come systematically from the same factory

the "m" in 300m is not aligned with the "m" in chronometer.

the 4 in 40 in the bezel should be narrower on top

the bracelet of mine has a different design different.

does the bracelet have the diver extension?

Aigle eyed... I didn't pay attention to this m&M detail, bravo, its true I have checked

looks like a typical lower end 21J version... my guess $50-$100 (these are a good bang for your buck so don't take what I said as a negative)

No sure,

Both my modern subs are 108us$ ship inclued Beginmariner from Josh. Josh on his website claims for a "Only using the best Swiss case specs." He is right. I have compared with a gen in a shop : thickness, crown guards (which may vary), crown, dial etc. Staffs in the shop were speachless... The only noticeable flaw was the bracelet thickness. Reps have generally thicker bracelets. So I decided to pull out the crappies 21j and change for 2 nice eta 2836. I noticed also that many sub rep cases are to fat and the dial diameter is to wide.

man, if this watch was paid $$$ and the dealer told "ultimate" that's a scamm, sorry, no offence

tesmith2112

You are right. I paid $50 for this watch. I purchased it from Robert (PWC) from the Budget Rolex offer. I've also been swimming in this watch several times and so far it's been perfect. I know it's not perfect aesthetically, but for $50 I think it's a great value. All the watches in the offer below are great knock-around watches. I dont have to worry about it getting scratches or beat up, if so I'll just replace it with another $50 version, I bought two anyway for this very reason.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=4019

houndoggie

not bad for $50.

Better than my POS $100 scammariner:

P1010648.jpg