Sign in to follow this  
gB.

TimeShops.net or TimeSShop.net?

gB.

I see that TimeShops.net is listed on the trusted dealer list and it mentions Mark as the reliable representative. I also see the listed e-mail contact as [email protected], which is a different website and shows a different layout but with the exact same model numbers. I e-mailed both sites via sales@ and got reponses from both that look very similar, and neither one was from a Mark (one from a Rachel, other from a Jamie). I asked about one specific watch, and one of the reponses included anrequest to buy 5 watches at a wholesale discount, and only accepts Western Union payment. This set off red flags for me as a scam site...

I checked their forum here, and they have very little feedback shown. Does anyone know if there is a difference between these two sites (TimeShops.net or TimeSShop.net) and if either is a scam or truly reputable?

AllergyDoc

The site listed in our dealer list is: www.timeshops.net. This is the site for fora members. Mark has another site that sells the same watches but at a higher price. Not for fora members. Just use the one listed in our dealer list. Be sure to type in "usd20" to get the $20 discount. I've never bought "Wholesale" from him so I can't comment on it.

gB.
The site listed in our dealer list is: www.timeshops.net. This is the site for fora members. Mark has another site that sells the same watches but at a higher price. Not for fora members. Just use the one listed in our dealer list. Be sure to type in "usd20" to get the $20 discount. I've never bought "Wholesale" from him so I can't comment on it.

Thanks AllergyDoc. If you look at the two sites, the one listed on dealer list (www.timeshops.net) is the more expensive of the two sites for the exact same models, even with the $20 coupon code. It just doesn't add up...

I think I'll go with Mary from Watchinternational since she has great feedback on this forum.

AllergyDoc

Hmm... I just looked at one watch, a SeaMaster GMT, and you're right. It's $268 on the SS site and $288 on our site, with the $20 off. Something's fishy.

Nothing "scammy" about WU, though. Not if you're buying from a good dealer.

greg_r

Mark is the boss there, but he has several others working for him.

They are not scammers - if they were, they would not be on our Trusted list - we are VERY particular about who we list here and even more so about dealers we invite to have subforums. I have to say that I would personally buy from House Of Souvenirs, Narikaa, PrestigeWatchCo or WatchInternational in preference given the choice, but TS do frequently list watches that are hard to get elsewhere. I've bought from Mark several times myself over the years and he's a good dealer.

Both URLs belong to Mark. The one linked from here (www.timeshops.net) is the one used for the forums. Note the USD20 discount code and free shipping. Some of the prices on the other site look lower, but exclude shipping costs and don't include the discount. In general the other site will work out a little more expensive when you take shipping and the discount code into account.

wat44

im confused - which is the cheapest site of timeshop - ALL THINGS INCLUDED

watcheden - whats the go? taken off list at RWI - but they have a watch I cant see on any other site (ferrari a bit like this: FER

greg_r
im confused - which is the cheapest site of timeshop - ALL THINGS INCLUDED

watcheden - whats the go? taken off list at RWI - but they have a watch I cant see on any other site (ferrari a bit like this: FER

WE are still a probationary dealer at RWI (there were some problems a while back, but they seem to be improving again). They do list a lot of stuff that others don't, although a lot of it is junk...

As far as Timeshop goes - in theory the address on their listing here should be the cheapest all things considered - but as in all things, it's worth shopping around...