Sign in to follow this  
sfa437

MAJOR Ploprof Issue

sfa437

Do NOT get your Ploprof wet.

The crystals are of laminate construction- sapphire on top mineral on bottom. This has been confirmed by two dealers. The adhesive is apparently water based.

I thought this was important enough news to post here to make sure the word got out- don't want anyone's looking like mine...

100_2639.jpg

100_2635.jpg

The bezel just has fingerprints but the concentric circles of the crystal de-laminating have spread since these photos were taken.

barkingtoad

shite result mate

gran

PloProf scandal :trainwreck:

narikaa

bubbles.gif

Plongeur Hydrophobe

:trainwreck:

greg_r

Thanks for the headsup, sfa. I'm increasingly inclined to go for the 21J version which, I believe, uses a solid mineral glass crystal.

sfa437

This is what it looked like late last night...

100_2644.jpg

gran
Plongeur Hydrophobe

:Whistle:

:gday_mate_haveabeer:

gran
This is what it looked like late last night...

100_2644.jpg

hydphobe.jpg

AustinTech

quit your bitchin'

you don't really need to SEE the time, do you?

Baldrick

Well, had the rep in my hand today, all I can say is it's a POS, certainly doesn't meet my expectations nor standards, striation marks all around the case makes it look like a block of undressed steel,, the dial is small, the markings piss poor, the bezel release is nice and springy tho', the watch just doesn't pass muster, it may be more impressive on a mesh bracelet, or it may need patience for V** to come out, but I can see only two outcomes for this rep, no actual improvement in case construction and the other is almost certainly that it will be all over the Chinese and Asian markets like hairy wild men's shite, rubbing shoulders with every B&R and U-Boat permutation you can imagine, wonder how long before the tourbillon / beating heart versions turn up :gday_mate_haveabeer:

greg_r

I'm sure the 'faux tourby' ladies size on pink plastic strap will be on Ufanta's site within hours.... :Whistle:

nunu78
Thanks for the headsup, sfa. I'm increasingly inclined to go for the 21J version which, I believe, uses a solid mineral glass crystal.

Greg, whom should i go for 21j version Mary or Roberts.

Any idea about price.

Thanks

greg_r

hmm - to be honest, nunu, I don't know whether Mary or Robert are selling the cheapie as yet, you'd have to ask. The early reports of the 21J version were pretty good, but it now seems that people were being a bit over-enthusiastic and it's not that great. Price is around $110, I believe.

Personally I'm going to hold off. Partly because I want to try the gen first - there's no point buying a more expensive model if it isn't going to get any wrist time - and partly to see if they sort out this problem with the crystal. If the rep continues to be popular, I suspect we'll see a v2 in a few months...

trailboss99

Robert only has the 21J version, he didn't buy any hi-beats 'cause he expected trouble.

Col.