Sign in to follow this  
Gbkirsch

Looks like a rep on the Bay?!

greg_r

Looks gen to me. Certs of authenticity are standard practice with watch dealers if the original papers are missing...

deathnote

Don't know. But the guy has sold a considerable number of expensive watches in 2013 so might be legit.

Gbkirsch

Maybe he's legit but something about the watch looks so close to my rep version. I've never actually seen the gen so I'm not 100% sure...

Gbkirsch

I studied some photos from the Panerai web site of this watch and I noticed the eBay watch has black hands while the gen from Panerai has silver hands. On such a limited edition watch, I don't think they would have used different hands?!

Gbkirsch

Well, I've found both silver and black hands on images of this watch online so I have no idea which is which. I was interested in this watch but I could never buy one on the bay, never!!!

Olly

Looks fine.....

RichardMiami

silver hands will often photograph as black depending on how the light hits them

Timbohire

If you buy put your name forward for brain surgery you must be mad. Don,t ever buy an expensive watch from eBay there's a good chance you will be shafted. Go to a retail shop and inspect first.

baxter

silver hands will often photograph as black depending on how the light hits them

tis true

alw

OK, partly because of this forum I´m neurotic :mesmerise: , but I would never trust a "certificate of authority" from a non-AD. No papers, no deal.

Gbkirsch

Yeah, I agree with everyone's comments here. I find so many ads for watches that are most likely reps, it astonishing. Somebody out there is getting hosed! It's really a shame and no doubt has the potential to bring extra heat down on this hobby!

Realism

Element in Time is a legit grey source... not sure if this is the same guy or not, but if it is, he truly legit

blockislandguy

Buying a used $7000 watch on Ebay is like buying a 2 year old Porsche 997 with no service records or warranty from a private seller.

Sure, you can do it and sure, ostensibly you paid less than what a new one with papers and a warranty sells for. But for just a little bit more money you can get the real thing with a real warranty.

peakpower

Looks like a gen to me... There's nothing wrong with buying off eBay as long as you, check feedback, pay using Paypal, and the auction includes their guarantee. I've bought many watches over the years on there. I've returned a few for various reasons and I've had no problems with getting my money back from Paypal. Their system is biased towards the buyer. If you want to get screwed on eBay, try selling.

ics1821
Element in Time is a legit grey source... not sure if this is the same guy or not, but if it is, he truly legit

+1

onelund

I would buy it if something goes wrong

Bam!

http://pages.ebay.co...rage/index.html

or Paypal bam! :D done!

What will happen if the seller have emptied their pp account ?

peakpower

I would buy it if something goes wrong

Bam!

http://pages.ebay.co...rage/index.html

or Paypal bam! :D done!

What will happen if the seller have emptied their pp account ?

Paypal will still refund your money even if the seller has a zero balance.