Sign in to follow this  
madcatlancelot

Omega SMP Pro 300m Asian ETA automatic

madcatlancelot

Hi guys,

Got this Omega Seamaster Pro 300m Asian ETA automatic movement from Marvellous Replica, it's the newer version Omega SMP (ref: 2220.80) blue wave dial with the 'red' Seamaster text.

I'm a big fan of the Omega seamaster 'Bond' version and has been looking for a nice rep since I joined the forum, but recently wanted to get the SMP Chrono instead. Unfortunately, the chrono version has been out of stock for quite some time now, so when I saw acharria's SMP from MR I decided to get one.

On to the picts...

OmegaSMPProAsianETA01.jpg

OmegaSMPProAsianETA02.jpg

OmegaSMPProAsianETA04.jpg

OmegaSMPProAsianETA05.jpg

OmegaSMPProAsianETA03.jpg

Plus side:

The watch has a nice overall build, the case and the bracelet has a nice shine to it, the clasp engraving is well made, the bracelet pins are easy to remove and replace. And with a little baby oil love, it became a joy to wear. And who can miss the pearl, it has improved so much with this version, it looks really nice. The sapphire glass looks great too.

The dial, datewindow, and the hands are good too, as well as the lume. The lume is better than the normal rep lume, althought it doesn't last that long. The datefont looks the same as the gen ETA datewheel, but the font is thinner than the gen.

Minus side:

This version has its own list of minus side, most notably the crown guard, it needs some tender loving shave. I checked with Goin if he can do the cg mod for this watch and got a positive response.

The newer SMP uses the new caseback that looks similar to the SMP chrono version. This version has the old caseback and the engraving looks different even if this is the old version SMP.

To make the sapphire glass even better, this version should have an AR mod.

And just like most of the PO versions, this watch has the 'happy feet' and the Qmega logo.

As a parting shot, here's a wristie. Hope you enjoyed the photos. Time will tell if this watch will be a keeper, as of now it seems to be a transitional watch until the SMP chrono becomes available again. :lmao2:

OmegaSMPProAsianETAwristshot.jpg

Cheers,

madcatlancelot

alistairw

:lmao2:

That's really nice, the Red text just set's it off nicely.

Enjoy.

oscarmadfish

nice watch great review

gB.

Great review and nice pics!

DeepDiver73

nice watch, but like you i also like the look of the chronograph version.

jkirke

Excellent review bro. Love the photos too. I like the wave dial. Just gives it such a unique look....then add the red seamaster text to it and you've got a true winner. Have you thought at all about getting it on a rubber strap? Would give it the ultimate summer feel.

Cheers to the purchase. That movement is a good one.

credo325

Thats the one I am hunting but mary is out of stock! Garr