Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

KW strikes again!–KW PAM505 & PAM388–Maybe the best Radiomir ever built

Mickey Padge

Both amazing watches, great write up :)

I shaved the lug bars on my 388 and now the screws line up with the lug bar grooves correctly, I used after market screws too :)

And yes the 388 is the one to get, as the 505 hand lume is too thick compared to gen, if you're fussy about things like that ;)

Edited by Mickey Padge

baxter

Great review Ale and you are 100 % correct re the lug screws ... i received mine a couple of weeks ago and had to send it back to KV due to me not being able to remove one of the lug screws and the head starting to become ruined ... it was just turning but not releasing and the other three were not easy either. Alen was great as usual and said send it back for fixing. So yes beware the lug screws !!!!!

Other than that it is a stellar piece and after being fortunate enough to try on a gen 505 the other day and liking it a lot i think i will be ordering one as well !!

Sakurai

Things of beauty both of them.

Excellent write up, thank you so much for your great efforts Ale!

cogwatch

Awesome review as usual ALE!!! Thanks for your incredible contribution to this rep world of ours.

You had pointed me to the 505 and 388 (among others) a couple of weeks ago, so I went to your RWI Pam Reference to check them out and I couldn't find the 388. I looked again just now and still didn't see it. Am I missing it somehow, or is the 388 not there?

Cheers, and I look forward to your next review :-)

Yes, you are right, PAM 388 is not yet in the PAM GUIDE

PAM rep world moves so fast that I cannot update the PAM GUIDE

Anyway, I will try to introduce PAM 388 this weekend

Sorry for the troubles

ALE

You are absolutely amazing ALE. After all the incredible work you do, you say "sorry for the troubles" because you haven't put the PAM 388 in your review yet. On the contrary, from all the members of all the forums you help, "a hundred thousand THANKS for all of YOUR troubles to keep this information up to date". You're a rare person indeed and I hope the tremendous amounts of good karma you have earned comes back to you a thousand time over.

Thanks,

Cogwatch

Now.......get to work on getting that PAM 388 into the review guide!!!!! :-))

arancini

Hey Baxter. How did the Gen 505 feel on your wrist?

Does the KW 388 measure up in terms of fit and finish compared to a Rad Gen.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

ALE7575

Awesome review as usual ALE!!! Thanks for your incredible contribution to this rep world of ours.

You had pointed me to the 505 and 388 (among others) a couple of weeks ago, so I went to your RWI Pam Reference to check them out and I couldn't find the 388. I looked again just now and still didn't see it. Am I missing it somehow, or is the 388 not there?

Already updated PAM GUIDE with KW PAM 388

ALE

ALE7575

A fantastic review OP, more please. reviews like this really helps one to make a purchase.

Both amazing watches, great write up :)

I shaved the lug bars on my 388 and now the screws line up with the lug bar grooves correctly, I used after market screws too :)

And yes the 388 is the one to get, as the 505 hand lume is too thick compared to gen, if you're fussy about things like that ;)

Many thanks friends for these nice comments

Regards

ALE

ALE7575

Great review Ale and you are 100 % correct re the lug screws ... i received mine a couple of weeks ago and had to send it back to KV due to me not being able to remove one of the lug screws and the head starting to become ruined ... it was just turning but not releasing and the other three were not easy either. Alen was great as usual and said send it back for fixing. So yes beware the lug screws !!!!!

Other than that it is a stellar piece and after being fortunate enough to try on a gen 505 the other day and liking it a lot i think i will be ordering one as well !!

Hi baxter my friend

Many thanks for your kind comments and lug screws confirmation and info

You will not get disappointed with the KW PAM 505 is even more impressive than 388.

ALE

ALE7575

Things of beauty both of them.

Excellent write up, thank you so much for your great efforts Ale!

Thanks Sakurai

Very nice of your part

Glad of being useful

ALE

ALE7575

Yes, you are right, PAM 388 is not yet in the PAM GUIDE

PAM rep world moves so fast that I cannot update the PAM GUIDE

Anyway, I will try to introduce PAM 388 this weekend

Sorry for the troubles

ALE

You are absolutely amazing ALE. After all the incredible work you do, you say "sorry for the troubles" because you haven't put the PAM 388 in your review yet. On the contrary, from all the members of all the forums you help, "a hundred thousand THANKS for all of YOUR troubles to keep this information up to date". You're a rare person indeed and I hope the tremendous amounts of good karma you have earned comes back to you a thousand time over.

Thanks,

Cogwatch

Now.......get to work on getting that PAM 388 into the review guide!!!!! :-))

LOL

I have already updated the PAM GUIDE

Thanks for your encouraging words

This job is really worth having people like you

Thanks again

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

ShadyManc

Thanks Ale, I'll give your tip a try. Failing that its out with the drill.

I want to also thank you for your efforts in helping PAM buyers choose the best reps. Your PAM guide is something I reference most days and certainly before I order any PAMs. Great work and much appreciated.

baxter

Hey Baxter. How did the Gen 505 feel on your wrist?

Does the KW 388 measure up in terms of fit and finish compared to a Rad Gen.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

The 505 was a beauty mate .... i was surprised as i wasn't sure about the composite but it looked and felt amazing ................ from what i hear the KV 505 will measure up just fine, the one thing that i would say is that the gen asso strap is in a whole different league !!

Re the 388 compared to gen i'd say yes it measures up ( although i didn't try the gen 388 but did try a 380 ) but really deserves a better strap. The rep strap is ok but something good ( try orloff for exceptional vale and quality ) will transform it into what it should be.

Final note ..... such a shame that after they go to so much trouble making and finishing these watches to such a high spec that they let it down with poor quality fittings ..... to anyone buying one of these and wanting to change the strap : GET THE CORRECT SCREWDRIVER AND TAKE YOUR TIME !!!! ( maybe add a liitle spray grease / wd40 to the area first )

IgnitionDream

Thank you so much for the awesome review, very detailed and helpful.

jcollin4

Great Review..thanks

TauHway

Thanks for this wonderful review. I think I can safely buy my first radomir.

Will prob choose a nice croc strap for it where it will stay permamently to get around the screw issues.

baffmike

Because of this review i have just ordered my first Radiomir! :B): I Cant Wait.

TauHway

I can't seem to find the pam 388 in his website. Anyone kind enough to provide a link?

cbmd1

Thanks for the great review. They are both great watches. How reliable is the movement?

ALE7575

Thanks for the great review. They are both great watches. How reliable is the movement?

Seagull is a very reliable movement, one of the best in replica world

Unfortunately it is no easy to get this movement and KW has already changed in next batches for A7750.

A7750 is less reliable than Seagull but it is reliable enough without chrono function like is the case in these watches

ALE

credo325

Hmm might be a Christmas present for my father in law. Hows the PVD feel on the skin?

sokool

Gotta pick up the 505 soon.

ALE7575

Hmm might be a Christmas present for my father in law. Hows the PVD feel on the skin?

For me better than polished SS, even smoother and warmer

ALE

madmole

My 505 arrived this morning from Joshua. Was worried as I have 16cm wrists that it might be too big, but neednt have worried. had to make an extra hole in the stap and sorted

WOW! this is a stunning looking watch and I can see it getting a lot of wrist time. Think its now my fav pam over the 89 and 299 I have

IMG_0712_zps2ea1c483.jpg

IMG_0713_zps9b361152.jpg

PVD is very good, smooth and very matt black. Love the dark glass on back. Only tells are date wheel is a little deep and the noise when moving (not too bad just noticable). When I service her I will add a little thicker oil to the rotor to see if that quietens it. Sounds to me like its dry, it certainly is VERY free to rotate. Maybe even a little graphite in the bearings would be better

Out of box and not run in the timegrapher says she is very isochronic

-2 to +3 s/d 150+-5 degs 0.0 - 0.2 beat error, The low angle leads me to believe these are not lubed and that's why they are noisy. very consistent with crown up being the worst

Hopefully at weekend a full service and waterproofing session, but might stick it in the pot the evening to see how dry she stays fresh from factory

S

Edited by madmole