Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

KW strikes again!–KW PAM505 & PAM388–Maybe the best Radiomir ever built

watchlvr91

Thanks for the detailed review ALE! Might need to add this to my collection!

cbmd1

Just pulled the trigger on the 505. Can't wait to receive it.

Seikotic

Thanks for the informative review brother ALE!

apismo

I think this is what I want. The 505 looks stunning. I just started the order process. It will be my first rep. I am going with the TD that gets good reviews. After reading this stuff for a while now I have a few comments.

You guys are all nuts.

Just looking at your pics and reading about your passions made the selection of this watch very difficult and very easy at the same time.

As this is all new to me I feel I will put my trust in you all.

I will let you all know how it all turns out.

akousticplyr

Great review. Just bought my first Radiomir from another member and this reinforces why!

madmole

Guys just a heads up to unscrew the back and check the O rings. Mine failed a presure test, back was loose and O ring had been pinched in thread, obviously wasnt in grrove when back put on. New o ring and some grease and she is 60m tested fine

DesmondChan

Sorry but is Pam 505 swiss movement?

vinylspin

ALE, nice pics and great review. I am deffo edging towards Pams, the question is now which one should I go for (most likely both).:-)

TheInthusiest

Beautiful review. The 505 is now on my wish list.

machiavegli

Great review ALE! Fellow members, as you snap up these 505's, please comment here on the durability of the PVD coating. The DLC PVD on my Noob 386 (different maker & color obviously) tended to scratch even with pretty gentle handling and I'd like to hear this can handle a little tough love before I buy one.

-Mach

Joan_Rivers

Where did you get the 505?

Jonnybaws

Keep reading about H-Factory, Noob, KW etc.. I assume these are certain factories that produce these reps? So if those in the know, esp. when it comes to Pams say KW make the best reps, should I ask my TDs if there stock comes from KW?

ALE7575

Keep reading about H-Factory, Noob, KW etc.. I assume these are certain factories that produce these reps? So if those in the know, esp. when it comes to Pams say KW make the best reps, should I ask my TDs if there stock comes from KW?

Don't go wrong.

KW is making very good reps at this moment and maybe they are the best finished in the market. Usually they have strong gen-like appearance.

But KW doesn't make all replicas and some models are better from other makers

PAM 390 is better from Noob

PAM 088 best version is from Noob but it is not made by KW

PAM 288 best version is from H maker but it is not made either by Noob or KW

PAM 417 best version is KW but it is not made by Noob

And so....

Each model should be chosen carefully

For more info about PAM reps read PAM GUIDE:

"Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/reference-pam-review-107365.html?t=107365

Regarding dealers, they usually are indicating the maker of the replicas in their catalogues. If not, just ask dealer for the maker.

ALE

fankulo88

Was eagerly waiting for my KW PAM 388 before...now there is something dripping from my open mouth

Countdown for shipment is about to start...(already checking strap options)

By the way my decision has been clearly biased by comments and detailed reviews of ALE7575. So a sincere "thank you" for the master....

ourkid17

i got the KW388, and here are my thoughts.

GOOD

1. The face is perfect. I had a watchmaker look at it and even he confirmed said.

2. It feels great in the hand. You can feel the quality.

BAD

1. The movement is unreliable. It freezes at least once every two days. I've tried manually winding the watch to build up a reserve, but I'm convinced it's not doing anything. I sent it back to the seller to be replaced, and it came back a couple of months later with the exact same problem.

2. Never, ever try changing the band on this thing. The arms and screws that hold the strap in are absolute crap. The bar comes apart easily, and the screws come loose really easily. Really, really shoddy here.

DR3M3L
i got the KW388, and here are my thoughts.

GOOD

1. The face is perfect. I had a watchmaker look at it and even he confirmed said.

2. It feels great in the hand. You can feel the quality.

BAD

1. The movement is unreliable. It freezes at least once every two days. I've tried manually winding the watch to build up a reserve, but I'm convinced it's not doing anything. I sent it back to the seller to be replaced, and it came back a couple of months later with the exact same problem.

2. Never, ever try changing the band on this thing. The arms and screws that hold the strap in are absolute crap. The bar comes apart easily, and the screws come loose really easily. Really, really shoddy here.

Are you using the right tools? Don't use screwdrivers that won't fit perfectly, if you use the right screwdriver it's an easy job and you'll be able to easily tighten the screw back in place ;)

ourkid17

i had the band replaced by a watchmaker. if you saw the bar you'd be shocked at how shoddy that piece was.

mysterio

i had the band replaced by a watchmaker. if you saw the bar you'd be shocked at how shoddy that piece was.

You must have gotten the V1. It has been established that the screws can be problematic (which is why we have a V2).

ourkid17

i'd recommend anyone getting a pam to get one with a more traditional strap bar. you can't screw that up...

Daryl80

You must have gotten the V1. It has been established that the screws can be problematic (which is why we have a V2).

This is the only problem holding me back from a 388. I get the use of proper tools etc, but his do I know it's a V2, and the issue with it freezing in less than a day sounds worrying. Has anybody else had this problem?

mysterio

This is the only problem holding me back from a 388. I get the use of proper tools etc, but his do I know it's a V2, and the issue with it freezing in less than a day sounds worrying. Has anybody else had this problem?

The V2 has the balance wheel at the 11 o clock position (which means it's at the back of the 11 o'clock position of the front dial). V1 is at the 6 o'clock. In comparison the gen is @7. I've never had the V1 388 freeze on me. I pick it up and it runs. :)

Daryl80

Right so the recommendation is to get a v2 and some good tools (or at least get the TD to try unscrewing the strap bar first?)

Might be a go then

mumum

Ale,I base my pam purchases solely on your recommendations. This review is an example why. Honest, detailed and focused on accuracy. Btw, he's my go to for Hublots too;)

Great review.

ALE7575

Ale,I base my pam purchases solely on your recommendations. This review is an example why. Honest, detailed and focused on accuracy. Btw, he's my go to for Hublots too;)

Great review.

Thanks friend for your confidence

Glad to be helpful

ALE

sergiiko

ALE, please, compare KW505 and TS505.