Sign in to follow this  
nitros83

Newbe question

nitros83

Is really worth an high rep against a regular rep?

I mean there a very noticeable difference between a rep costing 150 GPB to one that cost 300 GPB, I know that on the 300 one will be inside a swiss or a swiss clone, but apart the movement there are more differences?

Thank

Wriggles

Depends from watch to watch, generally there will be difference but not always related to being Swiss or swiss clone whatever you mean by that, it's either Swiss or it's not

Figure out whichever watch you want and research in the review area and even on the other forums, you should be able to figure out then if the cheaper version is so much worse or not than the more expensive one.

kime

I understand exactly what you mean, being relatively new to this myself I have found it hard to find such info myself. What I have worked out is that much like any serious collector of anything, the further you go into it the more picky and specific you get about condition and "grade". Some comic collectors are not concerned about a small crease others will be. With replicas the so called "AAA Grade" or "1:1 grade" are most likely to be excellent under close scrutiny when comparing to a genuine watch rather than just a pretty damn close copy to a lay person who has no real idea what a genuine even feels like. In terms of daily use the lower grade replicas are usually fine and it seems that most of the "lower grade" aspects (in the price range you are talking about) are in the fine detail. When you start out you probably won't care much about those "errors" or "imperfections" but it will likely bug you that you don't have the best possible grade. However, at that point you can have both and wear the lower grade one every day and save the high grade one for special days :-))

NFleischer

Every person and watch are different. Some people- they tend to stay on Repgeek- are super anal about every detail.

To me that's ridiculous. For example, they will spend $100 to modify an Asian movement to look more like the Swiss one. Purely cosmetic upgrade BTW.

Do you think someone in the 'real world' will ask you to remove your watch and look at the balance wheel only to say,' that looks like the

Chinese version'???You and only you can decide what flaws you can live with. More expensive doesn't always mean better either.